Battlestar Galactica

The Passage

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2006 on Syfy

• Seemed an unnecessary episode, not necessarily filler, but still could be skipped.

I understand the need for filler episodes to stretch things out, develop characters and have fun. This seemed to do none of the above. We get almost no insight into Kat (she was a drug runner who lied, big whoop) then they arbitrarily kill her. It just seems when you only have 42,000 people left, life should be a very precious thing and recently they been killing off secondary characters like Star Trek kills red shirts. It had exciting moments, jumping through the cloud and all but there was little sense of tension from starvation. The one scene where the pilots are literaly eating crumbs didn't quite do it. Next, I see no point to kill of Kat. I guess she didn't renew her contract so she had to go. The problem I'm beginning to have is they're clearly demonstrating, even when you are down to damn near extinction of your race, it's still ok to kill a few. No one seems to "get it." Hello! You're IT! YOU'RE all that's left. When the last one dies, turn off the lights to your race!

Somewhere life has to be shown as being important and every one worth saving because that's all there is. Losing people in combat is tragic but accountable. Killing because they helped cylons, were traitors, or took too much radiation seems a bit too much.

With episodes like these, at the rate their going, they're not going to make it to Earth because there's going to be no one left alive.