Battlestar Galactica

The Passage

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2006 on Syfy

• An alright storyline, made great, by fantastic acting.

After the great episode last week, this continued the seasons overall good trend. Although this wasn't my favourite episode, it did have some very good highlights.

Firstly kudos to Kat. I never really found her character interesting for I was more of a Starbuck fan in Season 2 and I just found her a nuisance. She was a real bore in Scar but in the end I felt that she made up for her poor peformances in the past. She was a real pilot, full of guts and determination. This episode showed how great episodes can be if they are focussed on minor characters. Everyone has a story that is deserved to be told.

Baltar and Number 3's storyline was also really enjoyable. I loved the feeling that Lawless and Callis had between eachother. I also am loving the Hybrid and hope that we can have more of it in the future. I really want to know what did happen to the other 5 cylons and hopefully it will be revealed this season!

In the negatives, I found that the relationship between Kat and Adama, although the writing and acting was brilliant, came out of nowhere and I didn't really know they had a relationship before this.

I also got confused with the whole star cluster idea and the ships jumping through it. I dont really think that they explained it well enough.

But overall Kats peformance was enough to give the episode a positive spin. She really made the story and it was touching to see the way she died and Adama reacted over it. She was a deserving CAG.