Battlestar Galactica

The Passage

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 08, 2006 on Syfy

• Kat-centric episode which was very well acted.

The on-going animosity between Kat and Kara resurfaced again in this episode. It's pretty cool how the two of them were so similar and in the end they found something that both of them could "bond" together about. I think I'll miss the character of Kat very much - even though she was a drug runner etc she was really headstrong and loyal and Galactica need more characters like that.

It was nice to see a character developing plot, it was also very well written and shot IMHO. Also loved how we finally get some more glimpses into the mystery of the final five and that number three is not as mechanical as she once was.

I don't really know what to make of Espenson melding Greek and Roman mythology together i.e husband of Hera = Jupiter. Definitely wasn't a mistake - Lawless would've probably informed them of it (Xena, anyone?) - and they wouldn't have made such an obvious blunder anyway. Probably the BSG way of spinning known things just to go with the star signs as tribes etc. After all, all is not as it seems in this show.

Overall this episode was a refreshing change from the two that came before it, which I thought could've been skipped over.