Battlestar Galactica

The Road Less Traveled (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 02, 2008 on Syfy

• The shows stars, are on vacation?

The commentary eludes to the fact we do not see "The Old Man" Adama or The President Roslin two anchors to this show.
    BSG is a great show, but I look forward to the new episodes based on my joy of the whole series so far. I rewatch season 1 on dvd all the time, these episodes are some of the best television entertainment EVER. Of course BSG falls into my personal space/Sci-fi/drama mold. My other all time favorite was The Next Generation. But this past episode was poor, Kara Thrace dragging this,, earth fascination, VISION to far. As if the writers go from episode to episode and elongate a train of thought. Now she mentions she heard that song so clear back at the Nebula. I assume maybe like the 4 hidden cylons heard that song. All probable misdirection, but new viewers to the show would probably turn her off from what they have seen this season. Starbuck is no longer "The Best Fracking Pilot in the Fleet" "The Best ShoT" "The best Card Player" cigar smoking rebel we all loved. That was believable because it was set up and executed to be that way. Now she is a whiny, Fracked up looking KooK. Heck I would throw out the airlock, that last part is just a joke. I hope the show gets on track fast. Tyrol has been above average, a thoughtful moral character whether human or cylon and looking forward to see him resolve his personal termoil. So overall the show scores a 5 out of 10. If I was trying to turn a friend onto this show and this was the first one he viewed it would be a hard sell. Thanks.