Battlestar Galactica

The Road Less Traveled (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 02, 2008 on Syfy

• How to make 2 episodes based on material that's barely enough for one -OR- the guide to make filler episodes -OR- the logistics of having to make 20 episodes in one season

To paraphrase Dana Scully's famous xmas words:

If I see O-n-e M-o-r-e T-i-m-e Baltar preaching whatever boring he is preaching or how Tyrol is spending his miserable life I am gonna start taking Hostages!

This is redicilous, filling BSG time with long and utterly boring Baltar's religious delirium. Or the Tyrol story: Tyrol is unhappy in the morning, suicidal in the afternoon, miserable in the evening, and very sad at night. The 24 hours of Chief's misery all in your screen for your joy.
    In a show with so many interesting characters, for 2 episodes now we only care for Tyrol and Baltar and their repetitive routine.

And when we finaly got a 3rd plot (the Demetrious one) our happiness didn't last long: Starbuck has lost it, the crew is unhappy, Leoben talks riddles, Starbuck has lost it, crew isn't happy, Leobel keeps saying impressive things without revealing anything, Starbuck has lost it, crew is on the verge of seeking group therapy, Leoben says...etc etc etc. I thought I was watching the "Groundhog Day" in space!

At the end maybe we should summarize all this as: the way you SHOULDN'T write a filler episode OR Even fillers must have some interest.

ok ok (me talking to myself), this is only a break, good writen BSG will be back with us soon! hopefully... otherwise...Hostages!