Battlestar Galactica

The Road Less Traveled (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 02, 2008 on Syfy

• Leoben and Kara meet again for the third time and start to finally like each other. Among all the final five, Anders has definitely remained the same (jalooouuuuus), and Helo who can't stand this lousy triangle of love wants to go home.

I can understand why some people complain about the lack of action (space battles, gun fires and other spectacular twists), but you can't say that these last episodes are just fillers... I mean this is not like 'The Woman King' or 'Dirty Hands', theses ones were really useless.

For about three or four episodes now, we are mainly seeing the human fleet breaking apart in a non-spectacular but yet very realistic and dramatic way.
    Less and less characters are willing to listen, or even understand each other.
    The situation in the Demetrius is the same as in the Colonial and the Cylon fleets. Divisions are growing everywhere, even among the Final Five where we certainly all expect a confrontation between Tyrol and Tory.

Also, everybody has the feeling to move forward into the fog... and most important, above all these divisions, is that no one foresees this invisible and mysterious 'plan' almost completed, and orchestrated by an unknown force (the Final Five eventually ?).

With Baltar becoming the leader of a minor religious movement on one hand, and Kara finding a way to Earth in which almost no one believe on the other, I'm starting to wonder if Roslin was really the 'dying mythical leader'.

Remember what Six told Baltar in 'The Hand of God' episode : "The outcome favored the few and led to a confrontation at the home of the Gods".

Really, things are getting more and more exciting !