Battlestar Galactica

The Ties That Bind

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 18, 2008 on Syfy

• possibly a peek at what is to come

This wasn't my absolute favorite episode--but it was a good one overall. I do hate that they have Starbuck in yet another position to be annoying, vague and rude. Why does she keep everyone that is with her in the dark? Is it a secret that she wants to find earth? No, cause she's been screaming about it ever since she got back. Oh well, we will just have to wait and see how it plays out. I'm sure they have that storyline out there for a good reason.

But the thing I want to talk about most is the little thing that Brother Cavil said to "Six" when she had to say please to get the Centurion to escort him off the ship.... he said "You're going to find you've opened a bigger can of worms than you've realized." I think that a Cyclon civil war is coming--not just between the skin jobs, but between the Centurions and the skin jobs. It could be that the Centurions with their newfound higher reasoning centers working now do not like taking orders. With the civil war between skin jobs going on, it will thin their numbers greatly... and if they also start fighting with the Centurions, the skin jobs may find themselves hunted by the "Cylons". The skin jobs may eventually take up solace with the humans when they share a common enemy--and that may lead to the incorporation of skin job Cylon with humans (where I think we're headed anyway).

I may be wrong, but I think it would be interesting to see the Centurions hunting down the skin jobs--especially if the resurrection ships are removed/destroyed. If the skin jobs faced real death like the humans do, they would probably then feel a little different toward the humans and try to form an alliance.