Battlestar Galactica

The Ties That Bind

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 18, 2008 on Syfy

• well written. One minor character death. Lee is introduced to the quorum. Starbuck is lost in space. Cylons fight each other.

Strength in this episode is the cylon storyline. The writer's seem to know what to do with them now. In previous episodes, I felt they did not have an overall arc and questioned whether showing them took something away from them as villians. (mystery usually makes an antogonist more scary) It looks like they are no longer unified now that humanity has been dealt with. (which may be the point, their genocide solved nothing for them).

Lee is now a member of the quorum, and this plot was only so-so. I do not understand where this is going yet, and still have trouble believing they would let him retire from being a pilot, since they is a shortage of experienced pilots.

The tory storyline was above average, Cally was a minor character and they do not lose much in killing her off. Tory seems to be the most "evil" of the final five now that she knows what she is.

Starbuck storyline is too incomplete to grade, like Lee's story, we do not know where this is going yet. Other than manipulating Anders, not much occurred.