Battlestar Galactica

Torn (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 03, 2006 on Syfy

• Torn was Perfect!

Torn was a perfect and amazing episode of Battlestar Galactica and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character development as well as plot development. It was cool to see more of the Cylons and how they act and interact aboard the Base Ship. Baltar made a very intriguing discovery and had some great scenes. I thought it was interesting how the Six in his head claimed to be an Angel from God. The Hybrids were very awesome and it was neat how they were described to Baltar. I Lucy Lawless was awesome and brilliant in her role, and I loved the way she said they've decided Earth will be their new home! Tigh and Starbuck are having a hard time letting go of the past and are forced to decide how to move on. Sharon Agathan gets the call sign Athena which was cool, and has intriguing implications if Admiral Adama is Zues. There was still fall out about the past and the drama was great. The actors really humanize their characters well. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Too much pain for some..

Oh - and they continue with the aftermaths of New Carpica and there are much to ease - too much pain, suffering and blood. The main story goes around Starbuck and Tigh who maybe lost both too much there. Tigh lost the eye and then he was refused the revenge he was getting with the circle.. noone seemed to understand and appriciate what he did and they all went on but not he.. and the anger just eats him.. and I think more than he hates others, he just cannot give for himself.. and seeing that pain on screen - it really hurts watching..

And Starbuck.. I really have started to like that char so much and now she is in her depth but it looks like she loves flying and she respects Adama and she is getting out of that mystery - the ending at least promised it.

And then we have the storyline of Gaius who have to survive with those Cylons and he is walking very slippery slope.
  • Outstanding. This weeks episode has class oozing from every last frame.

From the second the episode begins you just know that you are in for something spectacular - again!

Wether it is the artful blending of music with image or the sheer emotion of the actors in the middle of it, this one has it all.

Similiar to the last season there are now two strong plotlines, Gaius with the Cylons and Odama with Battlestar Galactica with one endgame in sight - Earth.

This is the perfect opportunity for us to learm a little more about what its like aboard a cylon ship and gain a deeper understanding of the cylon psyche.

Meanwhile over on Battlestar Galactica Odama's challenge continues to be putting things back together again with some powerful scenes involving Saul and Starbuck.

Perhaps one of the classiest episodes to date.
  • Great work as always.

While the last episode was a little bit slow, the pace certainly picked up in this episode. I like they showed a lot more of the inner workings of a base ship this season. The way the walls are, I am surprised Baltar can even find his way around given the bland look to humans but serine look to cylon skin jobs. The story is carefully devised to the search for earth but this time the cylons are looking for it also. Religion seems to play a major role in the story lines especially with the cylons. The Felix and the president also has their views and how it relates to real life.
  • Finally, things are heating up....

"Torn" poignantly and cleverly portrays the conflict between the colonists who struggled on New Caprica and those who stayed behind on Galactica. Unlike in the previous episode, the discontent Tigh and Starbuck convey their bitterness in a series of dramatic scenes, and the episode ends with them choosing different paths towards reconciling their sense of isolation.

Meanwhile, Gaius Baltar's story is taking an interesting turn. Contrary to the purposeless scenes last week, Baltar is now becoming immersed in the world of the Cylons, with his Cylon guide filling him in about their differences as well as hinting at Cylon models he is (and we are) not yet aware of. How exciting will it be when these questions and conflicts pay off later in the season?
  • Awesome, just awesome.

Kara and Colonel Tigh deals with the post traumatic experience that they both endured during the occupation, but they start causing problems with their fellow shipmates aboard the Galactica. Admiral Adama deals with both of them seriously. Baltar uses his skill to keep himself alive with the Cylons with some help with his over active imagination. Along the way he discovers something about the cylon race. Meanwhile, a cylon baseship sent to the nebula to find a way to get to Earth falls ill and Baltar goes to find out what's going on. This episode reveals some stuff about the cylons. It's really awesome.
  • Excellent episode! Many subtle hints about what is to come in future episodes

This was an excellent episode. Though there were no significant massive action sequences, this episode gave many subtle hints about whats in store for future episodes. Did anyone else notice how in between life and death when number three was shot in the head that in between the pillars were FIVE silhouettes? I believe this is information of some link between the five cylon models that no one speaks about and the Cylon \'God. I thought it was pretty funny in the flash back when bulldog smashed number three in the nose! I couldnt stop myself from laughing hahaha.
  • There was so much pain in this one and a lot of interesting developments too.

I found it interesting to watch how Saul and Kara both dove head first into their own pain. They seemed to carry it around with them to the point that they had nothing else to share with anyone. Adama said they were not acting like people but perhaps he missed the point, they were reacting like people instead of officers. Starbuck reclaimed part of her composer by reconnecting with the child the cylons tried to make her accept; but Saul could not get past that moment when he took the life of his own wife. In some ways Kara had finally left Caprica and Saul had yet to leave the planet behind. I wonder if he will ever be able to tear himself from that torment.
  • Skin jobs, indeed.

This is a great example of why cable is great: if your story is a little disjointed and you really can\'t find another way to make it click, you can always throw in some beautiful, scantily clad women to grab everyone\'s attention. This is what we get in Torn, and I have no qualms with it. Also, finishing with a virtuoso, scene-chewing performance by Edward James Almos isn\'t a bad idea, either.

I have to confess that I\'m not really into this review; I\'m just knocking it out before I watch the new episode tonight (new to me, anyway). So, was \"Athena\" getting infected by the virus at the end, or just responding to the scene? I\'m not sure. And why didn\'t Baltar tell the Cylons about that V\'Ger thing he found? Was he afraid they would blame him? Did he want them to leave it so Galactica could find it and use it? Then there\'re Kara and Tigh. I still haven\'t gotten used to seeing them being all buddy-buddy, and now they\'re turning into a blight on the fleet. I have to assume that Tigh will find his way back to his place in CIC, but I can\'t really imagine how. But if Sharon can get back in the cockpit, I suppose anything is possible.
  • Back to the search for Earth

This episode sees some major character development: Starbuck finally starts getting her act together, Tigh dissappears into his bottle and Apollo loses the last of his excess weight.
    So, the whole New Caprica thing is pretty much behind us and we're back on the search for Earth. I liked the Lions Head nebula idea, with the 'blinking' pulsars.
    Interesting developments on the Cylon side too, we learnt about what they call projection and its striking similarities with what Baltar experiences as well as the comments about the missing 5 'skinjob' models which aren't spoken about.
    A great episode, it will be interesting how this 2-parter pans out.
  • So many revelations...so many questions...and all in the same episode.

No space battles, no F/X feast, no Cylon-human confrontations. Watching Torn I realised that the producers and writers of BSG have a dilemma; the series has probably the strongest cast in the business filming today. Even Lost, the only other show with an equivalent large cast, can't boast of the depth of fine acting ability that BSG possesses. And each one of those actors must be clamouring for their own plot themes to pursue. Mary McDonnell - together with Edward James Olmos are the lead names, from whom the younger actors are rapidly learning their trade. And they are learning damned quickly, and as they gain in ability and confidence, they need to have more lines of dialogue. Mary McDonnell had the day off with this one, simply because there was just too much going on, and even then Grace Park (who with Sackoff and Bamber and Helfer will one day look on BSG as a career equivalent of "St Elmos Fire") gets just a few lines. There's just too much going on to satisfy everyone. In Torn, Boomer (2) is renamed, Ms Thrace reaches a threshold and shows signs of gaining redemption, Tigh in contrast slips over the precipice into drunken oblivion, Baltar, apparently a traitor, makes a decision (as does a Number Six) that conflicts with that view. Apollo loses the fat suit...the Cylons find..what? A booby trap? Left by whom? Oh, and we get to see Tricia Helfer in a bikini, and she gets more lines than anyone else.
    '
    It was riveting. I hate giving perfect 10's, 'cos how can it be bettered? But it was a perfect 45 minutes entertainment. 10 it is though.
  • An excellent well written episode that will have fans of season 1 rejoicing.

I wasn't a fan of much of season 2, they seemed to abandon all the interesting elements of season 1 and rely on science fiction clinches and poorly written dialog. This episode is the clincher that shows that season 3 has learned the lessons of season 2 and is moving on into a brave new world. And oh, the creatures in it...

Religion is back with a bang. The Six in Blatar's head is referring to herself as an angel of God again, which I love to see. The prophesy is back with a vengeance, and more indications that what has happened before is happening again, history may well be repeating. There has been a return to the strengths of season one, but the slate has not been completely wiped clean of the events of season 2. Tigh in particular bears both literal and metaphorical scars that aren't going to go away. The world has changed, but so have the people in it. And it is this kind of no holds barred consequence and character growth driven story telling that we love BSG for.
  • As the writers launch into a new story arc, we get a glimpse into the Cylon's world and the still lingering effects of the occupation on Galactica's crew.

A very excellent episode that made me want to watch it twice in a row just to make sure I got everything. The show opens many new avenues to explore for the rest of the season including the 'projection' powers of the Cylons, Baltar's new role and possible Cylon identity, the search for Earth, and the virus that is ravaging the Cylons.

I think the writers were wise in giving most of their time in this episode to explore the basestar. While the subplot about Starbuck and Tigh spreading dissension amongst the crew was interesting enough for the time given it, it definitely was not riveting enough to warrant an entire episode. If anything, it seems like that plotline (like 'Collaborators') was designed to quickly tie up the loose ends from the occupation storyline. Apollo is now magically not fat and Starbuck cuts her hair. The only person who can't seem to move on from the occupation is Tigh. He'll definitely be a man to watch in the next few episodes.

I watched some episodes from the 1st season a couple of days ago and it made me realize that, even though seasons 1 and 2 were beyond great, season 3 is really setting a whole new standard in terms of episode quality. Keep it up!
  • An interesting and informative set-up episode

As if addressing the question of whether or not the series could still delve into creative territory while maintaining a strong and consistent story arc, this episode manages to switch between traditional storytelling elements and a more surreal, dreamlike quality. Unlike the previous episode, which introduced a number of plot elements that find deeper expression in this installment, there is a distinct difference between the Human and Cylon worlds.

The Human world is stark and unrelenting. In particular, Kara and Tigh have come to the conclusion that anyone and everyone is fair game for their general hostility. In particular, they have little patience for their rescuers, and they have no problem speaking their mind. It’s clear that they are transferring their anger and self-loathing on the rest of the crew, and while the crew sees it for what it is, it’s always hard to ignore that kind of constant negativity.

Ultimately, Kara and Tigh are forced to take a good look at their psychological damage, and they react in very different ways. Kara seems to recognize that she’s spiraling out of control, and she takes the first step towards recovery. It’s unlikely to be a simple healing process, but she’s in a better position than Tigh. Tigh, however, is still falling, and there’s no telling how long it will take for him to hit rock bottom.

At the same time, Roslin and Adama finally turn back to the search for Earth. This introduces an odd plot device in the Scroll of Pythia. If they’ve always had an ancient document detailing the journey of the lost 13th tribe, why haven’t they been referencing it previously? There’s some indication that the scroll was considered a myth, and that Baltar’s research pointed to a possible translation of metaphor, but why wouldn’t anyone have thought about this?

The Cylon world is depicted in a more non-linear fashion, focusing on the idea of “projections”. They tie this idea into Baltar’s imaginary trysts with Caprica-Six, and Baltar begins to wonder if he’s a Cylon. At the same time, he learns that the seven known humaniform models of Cylon don’t talk about the remaining five, and that the Basestars have a “hybrid” processing core.

Homages to “Babylon 5” and “Minority Report” aside, this brings up an interesting philosophical question. It’s almost certain that Baltar is human. It’s also been shown that the Cylons have been incorporating organic components into their ships since the beginning (the raider in the first season comes to mind). The “hybrid” could very well be a human mind conditioned and modified to run the Basestar “ecosystem”, blurring the edges between Human and Cylon even more.

As seen in “Downloaded” in the second season, the Cylons are particularly concerned about models that are “too human”. What if the unseen five models were “boxed” for becoming too human as a whole? Better yet, what if the Cylon culture is fractured? The current seven models would represent a slim majority, and perhaps they advocate elimination or control of the Colonists. What if the remaining five are a vocal minority opposed to the war with Humanity? They could still be back on the Cylon Homeworld. In fact, this could explain why the current seven models are looking to Earth as a new home; they may not be welcome on the Cylon Homeworld anymore.

The idea of a computer virus attacking the Cylons is a bit cliché, but the treatment of it works well enough. It does seem odd, however, that the Cylons would suspect treachery on Baltar’s part. If they recognize that the 13th tribe passed through that area of space thousands of years earlier, how could they expect that the beacon was designed to attack them specifically, when the Cylons have only been around for a few generations? This does touch on the whole “this has happened before and will happen again” concept, but it seems like an odd bit of logic.

Overall, enjoyment of this episode depends largely on acceptance of the surrealism of the Cylon portion of the story. I felt that it worked well, glossing over the fact that the Cylon culture could only be shown from a human perspective and through Baltar’s mental filters. There are a number of intense moments in this episode that help keep the shift to the search for Earth from feeling like too much of a tonal shift, but it remains to be seen if the new details about the Cylons will help or hurt the series as a whole.

(As a sidenote: I also have a podcast associated with my various reviews called “Dispatches from Tuzenor”. Current episodes cover “Battlestar: Galactica”, so it might be something of interest. Go to http://entil2001.libsyn.com if you want to listen!)
  • A new storyline begins

With "Torn" the next story arc begins for Battlestar Galactica. Having escaped from New Caprica and dealt with some of the after effects of that last week, we can now move forward to the next crisis--the Cylon virus.

I have a feeling we're coming to a crisis in the Cylon empire. We've had mention of the difficulty related to downloading a few weeks ago and now we've got the virus. Throw in the conversation Baltar has with Six wondering where these other five clone-model Cylons are and we've got some intriguing ways the storylines could go. I refuse to speculate too much on where it might all go because I want to just sit back and enjoy the ride. That said, I'm fascinated by this and love how Ronald Moore and company are structure this season. It's also interesting that the new Battlestar is told in shades of gray, to the point that we feel some sympathy for the Cylons. Contrast that with the original show in which we might have cheered had the crew found a way to utterly destroy the Cylons, such as we see here.

So, now the Cylons can't download becuase the virus will be carried back to the bigger fleet. It makes me wonder just where this virus came from--did the humans create it or did the Cylons accidentally engineer it? Also, I have to wonder if this was some marker to find Earth, was that some type of Cylon defense system? If they pick it up, they get infected and won't be able to find Earth. And why are the Cylons so interested in Earth?

The one thing I will say about the show is I'm not sure how much time passed between the end of "Collaborators" and the start of what we got here.

Meanwhile, over in the fleet, the differences are still apparent. The crews still feel this gap between those who remained in the fleet and those on New Caprica. This is not helped by the tag-team duo of Starbuck and Tigh, who sit below decks, running down the command structure. Now if you'd told me in the mini-series that three years in, Tigh and Starbuck would be on the same side about anything, I would never have believed you. In the overall New Caprica storyline, both characters paid a high price and neither is dealing with it well. Both are bitter and withdrawn from the society, at least until Adama steps in. The scene with the gun as he tells them to just go ahead and shoot him was nice. And it was interesting that it possibly served as a wake-up call for Starbuck while it's sent Tigh further down a spiral. And he may not get out of it...which could be interesting.

I do have to wonder if part the Cylons not attacking at this point is to sew these seeds. Do they know that without the external threat attacking that humanity will turn on itself along such lines? And is that part of their overall plan? Or perhaps there is another Cylon in the fleet pushing these things along in an attempt to make sure the Cylons reach Earth first.

Of course, this is only the first of two parts, so next week should provide us with some answers.

And, oh yeah, you can never go wrong with an episode that starts off with Six in a red bikini..that's all I'm saying.
  • New Directions...

This week's episode was out of the ordinary, we get to go deeper in baltar's dillema as much as get get to know more about the new cylon's civilisation. I bugged a little bit when we got to see the basestar «Computer» because it reminded me of the same concepts beeing used in Homeworld, a Computer game that was released a few years ago.

Back on galactica, thing are still a bit far from beeing back to normal, there are still many scars left by the stay on new caprica. The tension is well played and credible, as much as the rehabilitation of those who were left on new caprica when the cylons first showed up (Such as starbuck).

An extra credit for this week episode for not falling in the cliché of the cylon attack of the week... I hope they will keep it up!
  • Gaeta: "If there was one thing I learned about Baltar, it was his extraordinary capacity for self preservation."

This was a dense episode with a lot of insight into the Cylons' life style over on the base stars. Let's take one development at a time.

We learned about the Cylons’ ability to project, which I thought was interesting. It also brings up the question of Gaius' human status because of his ability to create vivid hallucinations of Six in different environments. I don't think Gaius will be revealed to be a Cylon agent as his imaginary Six hinted at; she loves playing games with him and I'm sure she's just up to one of her old tricks again. I don't exactly understand, though, how projecting helps Cylons keep from getting lost in the complex corridors of the base stars. Unless they can program a certain area to always appear a certain way for them. Following me here?

And what was with the Minority Report knockoff hybrids? It appeared like they were in control of each base star, so they’re basically the heart of each ship? How were they created? If they are machines, how did they turn psychotic, or, if Leoben is right, start speaking the word of God?

I love how predictable Gaius is. Exactly like Geata predicted, Gaius goes to great lengths to self preserve. The disease that destroys Cylon is an interesting development; one that I predict will come into play big time in part two. Humans may have finally found a way to fight back against the seemingly invincible Cylons. Who is responsible for the pestilent-filled beacon? Gaius said it looked very old, so could it possibly have been left behind by the 13th tribe? The Cylons don't have any information on it as of now, but Six spotted it in the picture, so it's only a matter of time until the beacon is common knowledge. It will be interesting to see how Gaius squirms his way out of that hole.

I predicted last week that it wouldn't be the last time Tigh and Starbuck caused trouble, and whatayaknow, I was right. They deserved to be put in their place by Adama. Yes, it probably was a more arduous lifestyle down on New Caprica, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be showing some damn appreciation for the Galactica crew who risked their asses to come save them. Starbuck appeared ready to change by the end of the episode, but Tigh just appeared to be in a worse place.

Final Notes and Quotes

- Gaius and D'Anna's conversation made it appear like the base stars have heartbeats.

- Like Adama shaving off his mustache, Starbuck's haircut symbolized change and a return to the person she used to be.

- Just got to mention it. Grace Park naked on the Cylons base star. Wow.

- I loved the interior of the base stars. Great cinematography there.

- Gaius brought up the five remaining Cylon models. Six appeared very protective of their identities.

- It was good to see everybody back to their old tricks on Galactica. Starbuck and Apollo flying; Chief back fixing vipers.

- Good piano score during the base star scenes; helped set the enigmatic mood.

- I noticed that the Cylon models on the base stars tend to wear standard black or white clothing, especially the three's (D'Anna) and the six's.

- Shannon was renamed with the call sign Athena; very apt. I'm assuming Galactica's culture has a big influence from Greek mythology. That's the second reference, counting Shannon's daughter Hera.

- Cliffhanger! Athena and Racetrack trapped in the middle of a Cylon fleet. I love two-parters. :)

- I like the confident and cynical Six better then the weepy and love-sick one.
    Gaius: “I have very conflicted, very ambiguous feelings about helping you find earth.”
    Six: “Funny how all that ambivalence and conflict seemed to vanish once you found your life in the balance.”

- Adama: "You can pick up that weapon and kill me. Or you can get your ass back into your quarters and not leave until you're ready to act like the man I've known for the past 30 years."
    Tigh: "That man doesn't exist anymore Bill. And you won't be seeing me again."
    Is Tigh contemplating suicide?

- Adama: (to Starbuck) "You were like a daughter to me once. No more. You're malcontent and a cancer."
    Harsh, but it looks like Starbuck needed it.

- It took four viewings for me to figure out what Athena's last words were at the end of the episode. Make of it as you will:
    Athena: "When God's anger awakens, even the mighty shall fall."

Final Rating: Another great one. 3 out of 4 stars.

- Tim Bronx
    Find this and many other reviews at: www.motionpicturereviews.com
  • Plotting the way to the mid-season finale

After the action of "Exodus" and the emotion of "Collaborators", it is nice to have a cerebral episode. Much of what I like about this series is the way TPTB tie everything together. Nothing is insignificant and very action has a consquence. This episode is especially important as it sets up many threads that will weave the tapestry of the rest of the season. And it looks like the second half will be every bit as exciting as the first half.

In addition to new plot threads, this episode is important because of its revealations about Cylons. Hybrids, the other five models, a life threatening disease.

But the best thing about the episode for me was Adama's confrontation of Tigh and Kara, especially Tigh's reaction. One can only wonder where that reaction is going to lead.
  • Great episode, it has taken the old road again, all on the ships, looking for earth. But also the burdens of the past came along. I wonder how long we will face the troubles that started on New Caprica and destroyed so many people.

I love double episodes..... afterwards, when I can put on a DVD player for almost 2 hours BUT NOT NOW, when its cut in two at the heat of the moment!!! Well... lets just wait for next week. This first part was the kind of episode where questions are raised that take all season to be answered, if at all. BTW: what a great scene where Kara denies to talk to Casey! Lifting her up and almost throwing her in her mothers arms... man!!! Also the scene were Adama put things right with the two rebels!! I am curious what will happen with Tigh...because despite everything I like him a lot!!!!!

Mr Moore, if you by any chance read some of these reviews, drop a few words here. People will appreciate it.
  • This ep is a clear 10 for me. There were enough questions in it to take the rest of the season to answer.

. Sharon Agathon has a call-sign (Athena)
    . Starbuck and Tigh are drinking buddies and both get read the riot act by Adama and told to put up or shut up.
    . No more MichellinMan - Lee is finally out of the fat suit (phew)
    . Six won't give Baltar a straight answer when he asks if he's a cylon.
    . Everyone's back on the track of Earth and following the clues. But the cylons just find a satellite that's toxic to them.
    . We know 7 of the cylon 'skin jobs', but apparently even the cylons don't talk about the final 5
    . Lee and Kara are Apollo and Starbuck again and in Vipers. At least Kara is until she screws up and Apollo grounds her.

A big episode!! The fallout from the cylon occupation is starting to get ugly. There is a great deal of resentment on both sides - the people who colonised New Caprica - and particularly the resistence members resent the people who stayed with the fleet and accuse them of having a cushy time of it; and the people who remained with the fleet can't help pointing out to the survivors of the occupation how much they owe their rescuers.

All in all this was a rather uncomfortable episode. There was this undercurrent of accusation among the humans, and on the cylons side, Baltar had to do some fast talking to save his duplicitous hide when the humano-cylons started arguing among themselves about whether he was worth keeping alive.

So now, with the diversion of New Caprica put to rest, the humans and cylons are back on the track of Earth!
  • BSG meets 2001: A Space Odyssey

A large portion of this episode takes place on a Cylon basestar, which has been cleverly constructed to appear familiar, yet alien. These scenes seem to be influenced by Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, from the antiseptic ship interior, to the diminution of dialogue, to the usage of instrumental/classical music to harmonize with the silence. Then there is the hybrid in charge of the ship, which mirrors HAL 9000, although the artificial intelligence theme is already well-established in this series.

In general, the episode has a different feel to it than most I've seen. I think the scenes on the Cylon basestar serve to provide a disjointed picture of the Cylons in their home environment. Baltar's reaction to his surroundings, including his difficulties in pinning down reality, mirrors our own feelings of dissonance.

As for the human side of the episode, the scenes on Galactica are as solid as ever. It's nice to see Adama finally cracking down on Starbuck and Tigh for sitting around and feeling sorry for themselves. They can do that on their own time without bringing the rest of the crew down with them. What I like about this show is that no one is ever really "good" or "bad." Those definitions are constantly fluctuating, and perhaps don't even apply to characters in BSG. Which is good, because good and bad are empty terms in the real world anyway. Too much relativity involved.

The action of previous episodes gives way here to more thoughtful drama and character development. And that's what makes BSG such a good show, the ability to achieve such a balance.
  • another great one (spolier alert)

what a brilliant episode - ten minutes in you can feel the tension mounting on galactica - you know that Starbuck isn\'t the woman that she used to be - she is something more, Tigh is back to the bottle, unable to cope with the loss of his wife, the traitor that she was, even to save her husband wasn\'t enough to keep her memory from haunting Tigh down the halls of his home.

while the fat suit is gone - apollo hasput himself back into fightin shape - wish it was that easy in the real world! the scenes in the crew bar are quite well done - tensions mount to a boiling point with Sharon the Cylon being renamed ATHENA - godess of war! Tigh and Starbuck are not amused by this and verbally bash those within earshot for what they did and didn\'t do to help while on the planet

Adama is at his finest - giving Tigh and Starbuck the final ultimatum - shape up or ship out....Tigh cannot bring himself to shape up - so he confines himself to his quarters and drowns his sorrow in bottles of booze - Starbuck - on the other hand - emerges from her shell, symbolically cuts her hair to it\'s old length and goes to visit the child the cylons used to mindfrack her with...she is now a woman on a mission

all the while - on the cylon basestar - Baltar does what he does best - lie his way into the hearts of those around him - amazingly we see more and more of the cylon world we have to ask more and more questions - which is what keeps the show interesting week after week - while one of the top ten episodes - it still is a finely crafted piece of work - can\'t wait to see more of the cylons desctruction at the hands of the virus implanted in their system.

bravo all around
  • Battlestar Galactica Better Than Ever

(Spoliers)
    Torn part one was amazing! This episode carries on with the momentum instigated in Collaborators, accelerated, and engaged the FTL drive.

While most of the crew reintegrate, Tigh and Starbuck spread animosity among Galactica's pilots. They feel that those that chose to live on New Caprica endured more torment and took the war to the Cylons engaging them with suicide bombers and weapons of opportunity while those who chose to stay and keep Galactica manned enjoyed 3 square meals a day sat on their fracking asses. Those that remained on Galactica feel more respect is deserved because they were the ones that rescued those on New Caprica. Meanwhile back on the Cylon basestar....Baltar is still unsure of his future when he is given an opportunity to help himself. He is asked what he knows about Earth. The Cylons have decided that Earth will be their new home. In typical Baltar fashion he finds a way to stay alive. Gaius provides the Cylons with information he gleaned from scriptures and the map found on Kobal about a possible heading to take to Earth. A basestar is dispatched to a pulsar to investigate Baltar’s provided information. Later Baltar, while on what amounts to a guided tour of a basestar, an alarm sounds. Baltar and Six head to the bridge. All contact with the investigating basestar has been lost. As the Cylons accuse him of setting a trap Baltar, with help from a dreamy Caprica Six, volunteers to go to the affected basestar and look around. He finds an incredibly old human made object which appears to be the cause of the Cylon affliction.

Another great round of performances by all. My personal hope is that the storyline is headed to an updated Carallon story sequence from the original show. Another great thing is that Apollo is out of the fat suit. That was just disturbing. If I had one wish, it would be for the special effects department to find a better patch for Tigh's missing eye. LOL. The gauze and scotch tape are pitiful. Part two should rock.