Battlestar Galactica

You Can't Go Home Again (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 04, 2005 on Syfy

• After Starbuck is stranded on a moon, Lee and William Adama both will not give up the search for her. Colonel Tigh and President Roslin, however, are prepared to step in and make the fleet jump, scared of an impending Cylon attack.

Nowhere near as good as the first part. The first part was a very emotional experience, absolutely stunning. This episode, while extremely good, was not a masterpiece in any sense of the word. The sequences with Kara had brilliant cinematography, and Katee Sackhoff did a great job, but those sequences really bored me. It didn't have an emotional affect on me. I loved Baltar trying to get the fleet to leave, because of Head!Six hurting him. That was nice. Roslin was very good in this episode, and while I wasn't rooting for her (I love Starbuck!), I really wanted the two Adamas to understand that they were being stupid. Their love for Starbuck was a very emotional thing. I loved seeing the lengths these two would go for Starbuck, but, really, it was dragged on way too long. I know it sounds like I'm bashing this episode to death, but hey, I really liked this episode! A 7.5 is a great score! The Caprica sequences were brilliant! We finally get something interesting with Helo and Athena. I was so into their story that I was mad to leave their story as opposed to going to their story.

I mean, this is a great episode. No way around it. It has glaring flaws, though, and isn't nearly as good as its predecessor. I give it a 7.5/10, it's a very, very good episode. 7.5 equals a B.