Baywatch

If Looks Could Kill

Aired Unknown Nov 25, 1991 on

6.3
  • Running away.

An episode that was obviously only intended to show Shannon Tweed's many qualities left me with almost no desire to continue watching this season. Now, I know that Baywatch isn't the complex drama that it should be (and something that it was during the first season), but it could have been done better. The entire story was depressing me throughout the episode because it's pretty much a copy of so many thriller movies that it's not even funny.

And sadly enough, there was not even a subplot, so it made it that worse to sit through the entire episode. I fear that I have many more episodes like this to go through.
  • A woman seduces, then drowns a man in a pool. She then puts him in a car and drives them both off a cliff. As the Baywatch lifegaurds respond to the "accident", she spins a web of lies, and sucks Mitch in.

This episode is from the good old days of Baywatch, when the shows had a plot. It may not be the most complicated story ever conceived for television, b ut there is intrigue/mystery, none the less. This episode starts much in the "Columbo" style; the viewer knows from the get-go what is happening and "who is who?", but our favorite characters and guest stars must learn, as we watch the yarn unravel. The overall series' message of lifegaurds being important in the greater good of law enforcement is well represented here, as is Hasselhoff's former Knight Rider "One Man Can Make a Difference" message well displayed. (Eddie Kramer's suspicion of the leading lady's involvement with Mitch, leads him to his own investigation).
    Overall, it's a very good set-up, story, and hero-triumphs style TV episode.
    One should note for trivia:
    When the woman points the gun at Mitch at the climax of the episode....the safety is clearly "on".