Bear in the Big Blue House Forums

Weekdays 6:30 AM on Disney ChannelBetween Seasons

A Wonderful Role Model for Children

sweet_jane

[1]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 37

Bear is such a great role model for children and sets so many good examples.  He's an inspiration to a lot of youngsters.

1.     He's patient.  You can learn from him that when there's a problem, getting angry and shouting isn't always the best solution.  It's best to stay calm and work things out like mature adults.

2.     He is very energetic.  Some people find exercising very boring and tiring, but Bear always comes up with interesting ways to exercise.  Dancing is my favourite one.

3.     He always calms the nerves.  When you're scared, think of Bear and how he works things out with his friends.  He's always there to remind them that everything will be alright.  Also, take his advice.  When you're afraid of something, you should talk to someone you can trust, like a parent or just anyone you look up to.  Never be ashamed of being afraid.  If people laugh at you for being scared and think you're a whimp, they don't really care that much at all.

4.    He teaches people to try new things and listen to their hearts.  You can learn from him that you can do anything if you set your mind to it.  Follow your dreams!  Run after them!  Don't let fear keep you from theim, because like he said himself, "if eveyone knew how things would turn out, nobody would try anything new."

5.     Has a heart of pure gold.  He's very kind, loving, sweet, caring, and is always there for anyone who needs him.  He loves his friends more than life itself.  He reminds me a bit of myself.  I too love to be there for anyone who needs me.  I love people so much.  Everyone in this world is precious to me.  Bear loves pretty much everyone as well.  He is very rare.  There are not many people in this world like him, and those kinds of people are very precious.  It's amazing how many others take the best people for granted.

What I have to say
    Like Bear, I love to set a good example for people.  Never should you fight with others, be ashamed of your fears, or avoid your dreams because of fear.  I've been told by many people that I am the beginning of world peace.  Well, I don't know about that, but as Bear does, I love to make everyone around me happy, because I love everyone, including sinners.

I think more people should pay attention to Bear and his messages to people.  This may be a show for young children, but in my opinion, it's a show for everybody.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tgray19

[2]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 23

He is an amazing role model.  God I love Bear!

And as far as you go, Jane, you are the most amazing person I've ever met.  You are very kind and loving and super sweet.  You and Bear are a lot alike in many ways.  I believe you're an angel of God's.    And Bear may not be a real life creature, but his spirit does exist in my eyes.  His spirit, to me, is an angel of God's, just like you.

To Jane:  Keep up the good work!
    To Bear:  Keep up the good work!

Honestly.

sweet_jane

[3]Jan 4, 2007
    tgray19 wrote:

He is an amazing role model.  God I love Bear!

And as far as you go, Jane, you are the most amazing person I've ever met.  You are very kind and loving and super sweet.  You and Bear are a lot alike in many ways.  I believe you're an angel of God's.    And Bear may not be a real life creature, but his spirit does exist in my eyes.  His spirit, to me, is an angel of God's, just like you.

To Jane:  Keep up the good work!
    To Bear:  Keep up the good work!

Honestly.

Awww!  Thank you Sweetheart.

agent_0042

[4]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 66
    1. He's patient. You can learn from him that when there's a problem, getting angry and shouting isn't always the best solution. It's best to stay calm and work things out like mature adults.
    Bear has an amazing reserve of patience.

2. He is very energetic. Some people find exercising very boring and tiring, but Bear always comes up with interesting ways to exercise. Dancing is my favourite one.
    He's no Snook the Sloth. I don't know what Kriegman was thinking when he came up with that character. Bear loves to dance and he also swings and plays with the kids and stuff.

3. He always calms the nerves. When you're scared, think of Bear and how he works things out with his friends. He's always there to remind them that everything will be alright. Also, take his advice. When you're afraid of something, you should talk to someone you can trust, like a parent or just anyone you look up to. Never be ashamed of being afraid. If people laugh at you for being scared and think you're a whimp, they don't really care that much at all.
    Sometimes I think I can hear Bear in my head. Or maybe that's Tutter...

4. He teaches people to try new things and listen to their hearts. You can learn from him that you can do anything if you set your mind to it. Follow your dreams! Run after them! Don't let fear keep you from theim, because like he said himself, "if eveyone knew how things would turn out, nobody would try anything new."

I've been told by many people that I am the beginning of world peace. Well, I don't know about that, but as Bear does, I love to make everyone around me happy, because I love everyone, including sinners.
    Have you met up with Selphie Tilmitt from Final Fantasy VIII? I think she said something like "peace, love and happiness." Anyway, you'd like that character.

I think more people should pay attention to Bear and his messages to people. This may be a show for young children, but in my opinion, it's a show for everybody.
    Cool essay. Good points overall.
    Edited on 02/06/2007 10:45am

sweet_jane

[5]Jan 24, 2007

agent_0042 wrote:
    1. He's patient. You can learn from him that when there's a problem, getting angry and shouting isn't always the best solution. It's best to stay calm and work things out like mature adults. Bear has an amazing reserve of patience. 2. He is very energetic. Some people find exercising very boring and tiring, but Bear always comes up with interesting ways to exercise. Dancing is my favourite one. He's no Snook the Sloth. I don't know what Kriegman was thinking when he came up with that character. Bear loves to dance and he also swings and plays with the kids and stuff. 3. He always calms the nerves. When you're scared, think of Bear and how he works things out with his friends. He's always there to remind them that everything will be alright. Also, take his advice. When you're afraid of something, you should talk to someone you can trust, like a parent or just anyone you look up to. Never be ashamed of being afraid. If people laugh at you for being scared and think you're a whimp, they don't really care that much at all. Sometimes I think I can hear Bear in my head. Or maybe that's Tutter... 4. He teaches people to try new things and listen to their hearts. You can learn from him that you can do anything if you set your mind to it. Follow your dreams! Run after them! Don't let fear keep you from theim, because like he said himself, "if eveyone knew how things would turn out, nobody would try anything new." I've been told by many people that I am the beginning of world peace. Well, I don't know about that, but as Bear does, I love to make everyone around me happy, because I love everyone, including sinners. Have you met up with Selphie Tilmitt from Final Fantasy VIII? I think she said something like "peace, love and happiness." Anyway, you'd like that character. I think more people should pay attention to Bear and his messages to people. This may be a show for young children, but in my opinion, it's a show for everybody. Cool essay. You might want to look into Firefox 2.0 though. It has an in-line spell-checker. It lends more interest to your posts when everything is spelled as it should be.

Thank you.

And if I spelled something different in my post, it's because I'm British.  I spell thing differently.

Dmluciano

[12]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 12
    Aw i have never see this show but now its sounds nice

Kadodian

[13]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 23
    Awwwwwwww I can't get enough of this show.

I used to to watch it when I was 8 and my mom used to tape it for me and now I keep watching it.

TVNK56

[14]Dec 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    Yes, Bear is a lovely character. But ascribing so many qualities to him makes him sound like a substitute parent! Which raises the bigger question, as posed in a recent web posting I read at http://www.babiesandtv.com of whether or not we should be plopping our little ones down in front of the TV in the first place. Is Bear, wonderful though he is, an acceptable substitute for interacting with your child yourself and teaching him and her the same things Bear does?

Libby15

[15]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 11
    I absolutely agree with everything you just said. They have been repeating some old episodes of this show here. My 5 year old girl has suddenly taken an interest in TV, and this is immediately the first show I thought of her to watch. It's teaches good morals and valuable lessons in life.