TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Bear in the Big Blue House Forums

Weekdays 6:30 AM on Disney ChannelBetween Seasons

Ojo

tgray19

[1]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 23

Ojo is my absolute favorite character on this show.  I know she sometimes loses her cool and gets ticked off at her friends, but she never means to hurt them.  She's just a girl growing into a woman.  Life for girls isn't easy.  Take it from me.  My life as a girl is VERY complicated.

See, I'm 19 now, and I go to college.  I've been watching this show since I was about 11 1/2.  It was two days after Christmas of 1998, and I was just lying in bed.  I thought, "Hey, lemme give this show a chance.  It sounds cool."  So I did.  Well, I enjoyed every minute of it, and the character that really caught my attention was Ojo.  Well, I couldn't see the TV screen, because the sun was shining so brightly through the window.  It was her voice that caught my attention.  And plus she was very nice.  LOL!  I've been into that show ever since then.

Ojo was a role model for me, because I didn't really have a lot of friends, but every time I saw Ojo on Bear in the Big Blue House, I always felt like I was watching my best friend on TV.  Ojo may lose her cool sometimes, but over all, she's funny, sweet, kind, caring, loving, imaginative, adventurous, and overall a good friend.

I love Ojo.  I know she's a TV character, but she's really impacted my life.  She's like a TV sister.  And I have the Ojo plushy!  I talk to her like a real person.  LOL!  I know it's weird for someone my age, but I like being different.

OJO ROCKS!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sweet_jane

[2]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 37
    Awww!  I wuv Ojo.  She's so sweet and kind.  And it's great that she made such a big impact on your life.

tgray19

[3]Nov 23, 2006
    Yeah.  She's so cool.

agent_0042

[4]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 66
    I enjoy it when Ojo puts on some sort of imaginative play or pretty much anytime she sings.

One thing I've never been able to figure out --- Ojo obviously doesn't live at the Big Blue House, although she does sleep over there sometimes. If it's ever been mentioned exactly where she does live and who she lives with, it must be in an episode I haven't seen. I still haven't seen a lot of episodes, thanks to Playhouse Disney U.S.'s ridiculous practice of only airing the fourth season and only on weekends. Perhaps if the show goes into syndication next year like they're saying it could...

sweet_jane

[5]Nov 24, 2006

I've wondered where she lives myself.

Hmmm.  I've seen a few episodes, but none of them mention where she lives.

agent_0042

[6]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 66
    I've always gotten the impression that Tutter, Pip and Pop, Ojo and Treelo are all orphans, but nobody on the show ever seems to say anything about it.

Tutter has his mousehole at the Big Blue House and sleeps there. I think Pip and Pop usually sleep in the Otter Pond. And I got the feeling that Treelo sometimes sleeps in the Big Blue House, but also sometimes does his sleeping outside. But I've never noodled out exactly what's going on with Ojo.
    Edited on 11/24/2006 5:30pm

tgray19

[7]Nov 24, 2006
    Ojo is a mystery alright.    I've often wondered where some of them go at the end.  Now I'm really curious to know where Miss Ojo lives. 

sweet_jane

[8]Dec 28, 2006

agent_0042 wrote:
    I enjoy it when Ojo puts on some sort of imaginative play or pretty much anytime she sings.

Oh I love her creative side, and I VERY much love her voice.    Such a cute little high-pitch squeak.  So adorable! 

sweet_abbie

[9]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 16

Awww, I love Ojo! She's so sweet and cute!!! How could anyone ever hate her? She's adorable!