Bear in the Big Blue House

Weekdays 6:30 AM on Disney Channel Premiered Oct 20, 1997 Between Seasons

Bear in the Big Blue House Fan Reviews (30)

7.7
  • Okay... anywhere other than eBay I could get the plush?

Okay, seriously speaking. Though I've only watched the second half of a special, the storyline in the episode has pretty much struck me as pivotal and revolutionary. Few christmas specials I know of would dare touch on other relegions' holidays, let alone talk on the subjects of homeless folks (the only other that I can think of at the top of my head at the moment would be "Arthur's Perfect Christmas", which is pretty much targeted at older audiences). Bear clearly took the plunge, and should clearly be rewarded. It highlights about tradition, and the sub-story involving Jack, a homeless dog, was pretty touching.

The songs and singing are okay. Nothing grating and some of the songs are actually really good. The characters themselves are pretty cute, and behaves and speak realistically (compare to the wierd fake-ish accents Dora the Explorer speaks in). I like shows that has it's characters behave and speak realistically. Granted, some people are freaked out by the fact that Bear directly interacts with the viewers as if they're part of the gang, but those who're used to the likes of Blues Clues will find themselves pretty much at home with it.

I pretty much find it disappointing that there has not been any new episodes of "Bear" since 2003. Granted, Disney has brought back Bear by dropping him in a Playhouse Disney segment called "Breakfast with Bear", but I pretty much find that unjustified. Not only does that segment not airs outside the US, but they've dropped and forgone the rest of his friends. Bear is influental, and he desrves the same level of recognition awarded to the late Mr. Rogers. He also deserves a new season of the show.

Okay, now that I'm done with this, anyone care to point me in the direction of a Bear plush?