Beast Machines Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

best series

hawkinator81

[1]Jul 12, 2007
    • level: 3
    there are about 50 different transformers series so which one deserves the energon title?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

primallynx

[2]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 14
    I have to say I like the majority of the Transformers series. My least favorites are Armada, Energon and Cybertron but even those bring something new to the mythos. Waiting very impatiently for the new series to start.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 28
    I like Beast Machines because unlike the lasts Transformers series over the years it at least tried to be original and I have to respect that. Many will argue it was a bad story but it was different and had a complex stroy that just seems to surpass Armada, Energon, and Cybertron, but that's my opinion.

mrshock13

[4]May 5, 2008
    • level: 9

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I like Beast Machines because unlike the lasts Transformers series over the years it at least tried to be original and I have to respect that. Many will argue it was a bad story but it was different and had a complex stroy that just seems to surpass Armada, Energon, and Cybertron, but that's my opinion.

I definitely have to agree with you on that, regardless of what many people say, for the most part, i still enjoyed Beast Machines, though for me, it was no beast wars, which I enjoyed more than the actual Transformers series. Though there were elements in beast machines that i wasn't too thrilled about, it still gave a bit of a closure on the beast wars series (though i would have been happy with the beast wars ending where everyone left earth, and that was it). the story was actually pretty complex for what it was worth, and i think as the time has gone on, people are starting to actually enjoy the series a bit more.

RoBotz2050

[5]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 4
    I liked this show for several reason. I liked it because it was serious with it's story and was not a copy of Beast Wars. If the same people put out another spin-off based on this version of Transformers I would probably watch it.

Also I really like the sci-fi religious twist. It kinda reminds me of (even though it was made after) of the newest Battlestar Galactica show. You don't get that enough and I really like where that premise can take a story.

soundmonkey44

[6]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    G1, BEASTWARS, & HEADMASTERS ARE THE TOP 3 TF SERIES.

An00bIS22

[7]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    I only enjoyed the G1, BW and BM series to be honest.

SpikeTbear

[8]Feb 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    I have never liked any of the Japanese Transformers. Some are too childish, some are too generic. I mean, how many times can you remake the original series?

My favorite is Beast Wars, the most original, serious and down to Earth of the shows. The characters' personalities are real enough that they resemble real people. I love sci fi, time travel, great characters and action, which it delivers en masse.

Beast Machines is also original, although less so because it is a direct continuation with established characters. It starts to drag with the same battles in each episode, but otherwise, I love how deep the characters become. It is my second favorite.

And finally, the G1 Transformers, because it is literally THE original. Therefore, it is better than all the Japanese knockoffs. I tried watching them, but I can't help but cringe.

r10tp00f

[9]Apr 4, 2010
    • level: 7

Beast Wars and Beast Machines are actually the only Transformers series that I like at all. I loved the original when I was five years old, that's why I started watching Beast Wars. I can not tolerate the original series any longer. There are too many animation mistakes/just crappy animation, too many plot holes/just poorly thought out plots, no character depth or development. It's just not a good show, and it was never meant to be, no one ever tried to make it as such. It functioned as a toy commercial. BW and BM actually have a relatively deep story, near flawless continuity, real character development, transformers who have real personalities, and actual emotions. It's also really well done CGI for the 90's (especially BM) very action packed, and laced with some mild comedy in addition to the great writing and stories. BM is just as awesome as BW in my opinion. I loved how dark it was, and I loved how it really made the Transformers real people, living creatures essentially. It was evolution. Think about it, sentient robots are created. Eventually these sentient robots start to have emotions. Following that, an actual organic component is introduced into their bodies. They evolve to be more then robots, they become actual living techno-organic hybrids. BM is the most original idea that has ever been attempted in the whole of the Transformers mythos, and for the first time ever it wasn't about selling toys, it was about telling a story. I'm sure when the creators where brainstorming BM they knew that the characters' new forms would not translate well from the screen to toy form. (the BM toys really suck and bear little resemblance to the characters in the show) The creative team didn't care, they just wanted to make a good show and tell a good story. Mission accomplished! BM successfully continued and complimented the BW series. As a whole I still like BW more, but that's mostly because of the characters. Dinobot, Tigertron, and Inferno are all in my top five list. Glad Black Acracnia made to BM. Wish Rattrap would have been done away with, but I had had enough of him after the first season of BW.

The Japanese series, the Unicron Trilogy, Transformers Animated, all completely suck in my opinion. The Micheal Bay movies also suck for many reasons, but they are entertaining to watch for the novelty of the amazing special effects.

Edited on 04/04/2010 3:57pm