Beast Machines Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Megatron's haterd of organic life

RaizenYusuke

[1]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 28
    It was never fuly explained why Megatron hated organic life all of a sudden.Wat do you think cause this hate or if he always had it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kakashirulz

[2]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 6

I dont quite know what make him go batty about it. but i thing its that he just hates everything that beat him

vegnegun

[3]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 11

I think it wasn't as much as he HATED organic life. He just hated it being on Cybertron, a machine world. He wanted there to be peace and harmony too, but he believed that free will, an organic quality, was the thing holding it back. So, in his mind, he probably thought getting rid of Organic life on cybertron would help his vision come true.

That's what I think.

Darc0666

[4]Feb 1, 2007
    • level: 14
    I think it's quite ironic that he hates organics so much in Beast Machines yet in Beast Wars he was quite fond of his beast mode. If you remember right he was even the one who told the Predacons to create alternate forms to handle the energon levels on prehistoric Earth in part one of the Beast Wars pilot.

PrimeGod

[5]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    I think Megatron is angry at organic life is because his mind was so twisted that he believed his organic components caused him to fail

airraptorxrc

[6]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 28
    Darc0666 wrote:
    I think it's quite ironic that he hates organics so much in Beast Machines yet in Beast Wars he was quite fond of his beast mode. If you remember right he was even the one who told the Predacons to create alternate forms to handle the energon levels on prehistoric Earth in part one of the Beast Wars pilot.

That was a neccessity brought on by by the high levels of energon radiation found on the planet. In the first season, the Maximals and Predacons needed those forms to protect them from serious damage from the fields. Even so, there were several episodes that showed Megatron displaying a fondness for his beast modes; mostly stroking the T-Rex/Dragon heads in some manner.

The theories presented earlier do make valid points. Megatron is the only one who (initially) remembered anything about the Beast Wars, and it's possible that his hatred for anything organic stems from his final defeat in that conflict.

LLXC

[7]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    I thought it was more on the lines that organic life represented living, growing, and being free. Of course, he turned Cybertron into his drones, and wanted to rid of whatever organic life he had left within himself. I think it was a matter of control - controlling his wild beast (dragon) form.

OptimusShr

[8]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 10
    Another thing was stated by Dinobot in Beast Wars. In the episode "Maximal, no more" Dinobot states that Megatron is losing his grip on sanity. This can be seen in Beast Wars as he is willing to destroy the Ark and change history erasing himself and many from the timeline.

His hatred of free will probably stems from his losing the Beast Wars. He may have believed that his soldiers were incompetent and they caused his ultimate defeat and that with his will alone, he could achieve his goal of conquest without anyone else mucking things up.

The hatred of organics possible stems from his hatred of humanity. He believed that the Autobot alliance with the humans led to the defeat of the Decepticons. He says as much in Code of hero. Whether this was amplified by his insanity and loss of the Beast Wars, we can only speculate.

Ita3rd

[9]Jul 4, 2007
    • level: 8
    I agree that Megatron's hatred of organics most likely stems from his defeat in the Beast Wars. As such he can't stand these beast forms which he now feels weakened him and is striving to get rid of all traces of them.

Ezifzt

[10]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 8

It has more to do with his own hatred of his beast mode.

When he transforms into a T-Rex/Dragon he feels "primal" or "beastly" and he doesn't like that chaos.

Megatron's point of view is that the organic part of him is illogical and forces him to do things he wouldn't do if he could think rationally.

The Predacon loss in the Beast Wars adds to his hatred to.

MajLorne

[11]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 21
    airraptorxrc wrote:
    That was a neccessity brought on by by the high levels of energon radiation found on the planet. In the first season, the Maximals and Predacons needed those forms to protect them from serious damage from the fields. Even so, there were several episodes that showed Megatron displaying a fondness for his beast modes; mostly stroking the T-Rex/Dragon heads in some manner. The theories presented earlier do make valid points. Megatron is the only one who (initially) remembered anything about the Beast Wars, and it's possible that his hatred for anything organic stems from his final defeat in that conflict.
    The stroking of the beast heads is more like the evil villains petting their pet cats [Dr. Evil from Austin Powers], which shows how much of a bad guy he is. And probably nothing more than just a parody of that.