Beast Machines

FOX (ended 2000)

Lazy_TV_fan

Beast Machines Fan Reviews (31)

• Continued where Beast Wars left off but lost its way. Could have been better.

7.7
    After greatly enjoying Beast Wars, I had high hopes for the next series, Beast Machines. With many familiar faces, I started off enjoying this series. It definitely was different from Beast Wars but different doesn't always have to mean bad, but in this case, it didn't really mean great either.

It was interesting not understanding all that had happened between BW's end and BM's beginning so that part worked for a while. But soon the series started to head down the wrong path. It started to lose the "spark" (no pun intended) of the all the other TF series. While it wasn't great, it still managed to entertain, so I continued to follow it. By the end, I was glad to see how it everything worked out out, but was disappointed when the direction the series went and the way everything was wrapped up.

It had nice references to G1 and BW but when it told its own story, it was lacking. If you enjoy TF, then it won't be a total waste of time, but don't be surprised if you are a little disappointed overall.