Beast Machines

FOX (ended 2000)

Lazy_TV_fan

Beast Machines Fan Reviews (31)

• Continues where 'Beast Wars' left off but loses its way. Should have been better.

7.4
    After greatly enjoying 'Beast Wars,' I had high hopes for the next series, 'Beast Machines.' With many familiar faces, I started off enjoying this series. It definitely was different from 'Beast Wars' but different doesn't always have to mean bad, but in this case, it didn't really mean great either.

It was interesting not understanding all that had happened between the end of 'BW' and beginning of 'BM' so that part worked for a while. But soon the series started to head down the wrong path. It started to lose the "spark" (no pun intended) of all the other 'Transformers' series. While it wasn't great, it still managed to entertain, so I continued to follow it. By the end, I was glad to see how it everything worked out, but was disappointed with the direction the series took and the way everything was wrapped up.

It had nice references to the original G1 'TF' and 'BW' but when it told its own story, it was lacking. If you enjoy 'TF,' then it won't be a total waste of time, but don't be surprised if you are a disappointed overall.