Beast Wars Forums

(ended 1999)

Why did DInobot have to go?

Writer1

[21]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 3

i agree that dinobot was a good character but you have to remember that it was crucial to the season 3 plot especially in the episode nemesis part 2

Dinobot was a warrior and i thought the way he died was very poetic, not knowing if he could still do good and die saving the humans and maximals

I also think that it was good that rattrap had something to say at his side as he died, to make up for all their fighting rattrap showed some decency and i applaud him for that

the reason they didn't get there fast enoygh was that they were going as fast as they could but it was a tarantulus said "Miles away"

i hope that clears up some problems

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WaffleFalafel

[22]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    Proximity42 wrote:

Yea I cried a bit too man. Partly because he had sucha cool storyline about him. Every other person just seemed there for the hell of it but he had substance and it felt genuine with him. It still pisses me off when I watch the show I kept thinking "Damnit man just go into stasis lock you've done all you can" lol

Lol, yeah me too. I cried when he died I miss him. I liked how his last words were from Hamlet, though. "The rest. . .is silence."

cactusjack39

[23]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 30
    He wanted to join the Nation of Domination.

maya14belle

[24]Dec 21, 2008
    WaffleFalafel wrote:
    Proximity42 wrote:

Yea I cried a bit too man. Partly because he had sucha cool storyline about him. Every other person just seemed there for the hell of it but he had substance and it felt genuine with him. It still pisses me off when I watch the show I kept thinking "Damnit man just go into stasis lock you've done all you can" lol

Lol, yeah me too. I cried when he died I miss him. I liked how his last words were from Hamlet, though. "The rest. . .is silence."

I feel very sad everytime I see Code of Hero on Youtube. Dinobot was one of my favorite characters. I was touched by the moment between Rattrap and Dinobot. The way Rattrap smiled at Dinobot and clutched his hand, it was obvious they had become friends.

seto1

[25]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 16
    it maynot have bben fait but it had to be done

sgtmyers88

[26]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 2
    Yeah "Code of Hero" is one of the best Transformer episodes if not the best. Dinobot and Silverbolt were my favorite Transformers. I understand the purpose and importance of drama and plot twists etc. But it still is quite emotional to see Dinobot go. He has been a reflection and inspiration on my life as well. Redemption from a dark past of evil and then to die in sacrifice like a honorable soldier and a hero saving others! I give the writers great credit on that! Yeah I had thought when the new Transmetal 2 Dinobot clone appeared in Season 3 of Beast Wars that maybe that would have been Dinobots second lease on life somehow. Notice in "Nemesis Part II" that even though he was a clone, he started to think and act more like the original Dinobot as something in relation to his shared spark with Rampage was altered with the destruction of Rampage, Dinobot had quoted: "My spark feels... complete.", This change was especially apparent when he refused to aid Megatron with destroying the Ark and the humans with the Nemesis plasma cannon. As he quoted saying: "A cowards victory!" I just wished Optimus could have just reached over and dragged Dinobot out as the Nemesis exploded. As they left the planet in the series finale I also remember Rattrap quoting in response to Optimus quoting the prophecy of a "Light of salvation in the Darkest Hour". Rattrap had said: "Yeah, from a very unexpected source... old Chopperface's clone.. hrmph who would've thought?" It would have been interesting to see Dinobot survive to the Beast Machines series. I know for a fact Megatron would have ended up using him for a Vehicon General though... but its still something to think about.

maya14belle

[27]Mar 12, 2009

sgtmyers88 wrote:
    Yeah "Code of Hero" is one of the best Transformer episodes if not the best. Dinobot and Silverbolt were my favorite Transformers. I understand the purpose and importance of drama and plot twists etc. But it still is quite emotional to see Dinobot go. He has been a reflection and inspiration on my life as well. Redemption from a dark past of evil and then to die in sacrifice like a honorable soldier and a hero saving others! I give the writers great credit on that! Yeah I had thought when the new Transmetal 2 Dinobot clone appeared in Season 3 of Beast Wars that maybe that would have been Dinobots second lease on life somehow. Notice in "Nemesis Part II" that even though he was a clone, he started to think and act more like the original Dinobot as something in relation to his shared spark with Rampage was altered with the destruction of Rampage, Dinobot had quoted: "My spark feels... complete.", This change was especially apparent when he refused to aid Megatron with destroying the Ark and the humans with the Nemesis plasma cannon. As he quoted saying: "A cowards victory!" I just wished Optimus could have just reached over and dragged Dinobot out as the Nemesis exploded. As they left the planet in the series finale I also remember Rattrap quoting in response to Optimus quoting the prophecy of a "Light of salvation in the Darkest Hour". Rattrap had said: "Yeah, from a very unexpected source... old Chopperface's clone.. hrmph who would've thought?" It would have been interesting to see Dinobot survive to the Beast Machines series. I know for a fact Megatron would have ended up using him for a Vehicon General though... but its still something to think about.

I wish also that he made it to Beast Machines.

I have a question: Was Dinobot still like a Predacon and had he become truly a Maximal in the end?

About Rattrap's and Dinobot's moment, I bet Rattrap never thought he would one day become close friends with Dinobot since he severely distrusted Dinobot in the beginning for him being a Predacon. That is what makes the moment touching.

Edited on 03/12/2009 5:48pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RaizenYusuke

[28]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 28

I think at the end of Maximal No More is when Dinobot truly saw himself as a Maximal and no longer a Predacon. Most of the Maximals even Ratrap himself even forget that Dinobot was not always a Maximal.

Such as the episode with the probe when Optimus and Rattrap question him on not wanting to go home to Cybertron and he has to reminded them that he is still technically a Predacon and would been seen as one if they were rescued. When Dinobot talked to Tigatron after Tigatron breifly left the Maximals he refers to the Predcons as we. He has to correct himself upon remembering he is now a Maximal. Of course in Maximal No More he makes it apparent that despite his alliance to them he is not truly a Maximal and almost switches sides. In Maximal No More is when Dinobot realizes that despite his heritage that his comrades are no longer the Predacons and their ideals no longer apply to him. The Maximals were his comrades/friends and his ideals matched their now, in other words he truly became a Maximal. In Other Visits Dinobot seemed a little surprised and hurt when Cheetor called him a Predacon. By Code of A Hero he died saving time itself as a Maximal, so I don't think there was any doubt between Dinobot or the Maximals that he was indeed a Maximal in the end.

maya14belle

[30]Apr 1, 2009
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

I think at the end of Maximal No More is when Dinobot truly saw himself as a Maximal and no longer a Predacon. Most of the Maximals even Ratrap himself even forget that Dinobot was not always a Maximal.

Such as the episode with the probe when Optimus and Rattrap question him on not wanting to go home to Cybertron and he has to reminded them that he is still technically a Predacon and would been seen as one if they were rescued. When Dinobot talked to Tigatron after Tigatron breifly left the Maximals he refers to the Predcons as we. He has to correct himself upon remembering he is now a Maximal. Of course in Maximal No More he makes it apparent that despite his alliance to them he is not truly a Maximal and almost switches sides. In Maximal No More is when Dinobot realizes that despite his heritage that his comrades are no longer the Predacons and their ideals no longer apply to him. The Maximals were his comrades/friends and his ideals matched their now, in other words he truly became a Maximal. In Other Visits Dinobot seemed a little surprised and hurt when Cheetor called him a Predacon. By Code of A Hero he died saving time itself as a Maximal, so I don't think there was any doubt between Dinobot or the Maximals that he was indeed a Maximal in the end.

I did feel deep down that Dinobot had truly become a Maximal. I just wanted to know if anyone had the same opinion. Thank you for your comment.
    Edited on 04/01/2009 8:07pm

Old-Will

[31]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 1

Dinobot is also my favorite character, so when the episode came i was kind of sad but then again thinking back at it. That episode i think is the best episode out of the whole of the best wars. and i think id rather him die in away that was really good to watch rather than maybe him just getting blown up at some point.

I also liked how the makers werent affraid to kill off main characters, it meant no-one was seen as 'invincible' for the whole show, not even the main ones.

So i think they could have kept him, but im glad they let him go in a really good way

KingofIPirates

[32]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 32
    Writer1 wrote:

i agree that dinobot was a good character but you have to remember that it was crucial to the season 3 plot especially in the episode nemesis part 2

Dinobot was a warrior and i thought the way he died was very poetic, not knowing if he could still do good and die saving the humans and maximals

I also think that it was good that rattrap had something to say at his side as he died, to make up for all their fighting rattrap showed some decency and i applaud him for that

the reason they didn't get there fast enoygh was that they were going as fast as they could but it was a tarantulus said "Miles away"

i hope that clears up some problems

I completely agree.