Beauty and the Beast

Any Means Possible

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 14, 2013 on The CW

• Wow is right

To: Blows my mind

To each his/her own. I happen to watch this show for the love story and not anything else and that is my preference. I love the epic love story and this show is getting it's point across on that. I don't like undead shows or action figure shows, so this show is right up my alley. Again, my preference. And to let you know, not women want or need the same things in life or else we would be pretty boring. I reiterate, I love this show.

I loved this episode and I give it a 10+
  • WOW?!

Great episode and good with the season progression that the lens didn't steam up too much too early but also they didn't try to keep things going too long..... That gets really annoying. To help the show, it's a fantastic metaphor for life's challenges to mirror their relationship overcoming huge odds and difficulties to survive. There isn't really any question of Cat and Vincent's feelings for each other but he's conflicted by his terrible past and she loves him but can't quite grasp just how difficult it will become to manage their time and her life outside of her relationship. I really enjoy the show. I like that there's enough science to make the plot acceptable, gets a little rusty towards the end of the season but a good package all in all! Well done team!
  • Blows my mind...

It really blows my mind how many positive reviews there are for this show. Honestly... if you ignore their 'chemistry,' what is there to this show? Poor writing, ridiculous plot lines, bad characterisation... it's totally unrealistic (and that's even after I've suspended disbelief). No cop would act the way she does. And it's kind of creepy (and unexplained) that he kept tabs on her after randomly rescuing her nine years before. None of this makes sense. The whole love at first sight thing is particularly annoying, along with the level of rescuing a supposedly strong, independent detective needs. Why is is that people think this is what women want? There is no depth to the relationship at all! I've only watched the first minute or so of this episode and you know what? It's not original - they've taken a line from Joss Whedon (BTVS) by having him dream that he starts to turn all beastly when they're getting intimate. There seems to be very little originality here, and that is so disappointing for me because the concept had such potential. Oh well. Can't have them all.

... I am half way through the episode and have to say that I do like the new guy somewhat. Also - I want it to turn out that Vincent is a bad guy and has been lying to her this whole time and she's been doing all of this REEEALLY unethical stuff for no good reason. Because then, like any fairy tale, there'd be a significant moral lesson. End rant.
  • No other show

Could ever keep me from watching! I used to watch the first 80"s version BATB but this one is one of a kind. Great story plot. Yeah can be cheesy but who cares I'm a hopeless romantic and only this show can increase my "feel good hormone"... The chemistry between KK & JR are real on and off, which could mean that these two are really good at what they do. They evoke the feelings and a lot of us can relate from what the characters are going episode leaves me wanting more and more. The last episode "any means possible" just couldn't explain my can't keep it out of my head and have been watching the epi over and over again. Day in, day out I just want it to be thursdays goodness there's a rerun every tuesday @ 9 @CW...
  • Absolutely Amazing!!!

There is no other show like this one! It's absolutely amazing! From the writers choosing to not do the will-they-won't-they, to the undeniable chemistry between Jay & Kristin, to the captivating love story, the intensity of the plot could go on!! This show is my favourite by far. If you are not watching, you should. Words can not describe Jay and Kristen's on screen presence. And Jay's voice, facial expressions have you falling in love with Vincent before you know what hit you. This is a MUST watch show!!!
  • A NEW "OLD" FAN

A GREAT EPS.. I HAD MY DOUBT WHEN THIS SERIES STARTED BUT EACH WEEK IT HAS IMPROVED HAS WON THIS OLD ORIGIONAL BEAUTY AND THE BEAST FAN NOT MISS ONE EPS OF THIS JUST LOVE JAY AND HIS DELIVERY OF HIS EVERY LINE, KRISTIN IS A NEW BUT RESPECTABLE HAS CATHY'S COURAGE, AND DETERMINATION.. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...
  • AWESOME!!!

Can't think of a better word than AWESOME! I have to rewatch each day just to get to next Thursday!!
  • Amazing!

Best episode after the KISS! Great chemistry between Jay/Kristin, This show has gotten better with every episode before it. LOVE this show!
  • sooo good!!!

This episode was sooo good. I forget sometimes they are playing a role. The love story is so beautiful, so believable. I don't even care about the other stuff that happens during the episode. Few couples on screen have what Vincent and Cat have. I hope for season two so much. Keep going BB!!!
  • THIS SHOW IS LOVELY

Jay Ryan is able to bring Vincent fragility to such a believable level with just simple facial expressions and I love him! I had some doubts about Kristin playing a tough role like Catherine, but in the last episode she was amazing (plus she was so beautiful in that dress in the hide-and-seek scene with Ray)!

I like Ramamurthy's addition, I liked him in the first two season of Heroes! I'm really curious about him...

Anyway, love the show, please let this not be canceled!
  • A sight for sore eyes in today's TV landscape

As much as I feared Sandhil's addition to the cast, I actually loved the storyline he brought into the show. His character raised so many questions and I feel like, at the end, he'll turn out to be on Vincent's and Catherine's side. I am not so sure about him killing Ray Shakman. It was definitely suggested but I think we should expect a twist there as well.

As far as the Vincent and the Catherine of it all goes, it was, simply put, beautiful. This is an epic love story and the audience has to be able to feel the sincerity and the intensity of it all, and we do. How could we not? And personally, I'm not just feeling it because they actually made love in last night's episode, but because their story is told and acted in such a way that makes it completely believable and acutely real. Kudos to the writers and to Jay and Kristin who make every single kiss so epic that I'm reminded of such couples as Mr Rochester and Jane Eyre with whom they share the same urgency, depth and purity.

Another Kudos to the writers and to the CW for being brave enough not to play the worn "will-they-won't-they" game all other shows seem to play until the audience actually doesn't care anymore if they will. This aspect of keeping the Vincent&Catherine love story real together with the ever thickening plot makes Beauty and the Beast a sight for sore eyes in the TV landscape. Hopefully, the network will be smart enough to keep this show around for as long as it has all those great stories to there seem to be plenty.

• Better and better, every week

Don't let the early critics' reviews fool you. This show truly has gotten better with every episode and Any Means Possible did not disappoint. If you wrote Beauty and the Beast off before, you owe it to yourself to give it another shot.
  • Must see Thursday is back!

Best episode so far! You are missing out!
  • BEST. EPISODE. EVER

Omg, this was such a good episode, not only because Vincent and Catherine *SPOILER* but the fact that everyone is ganging up on the vigilante and that the procedural part is closing up on them. With muifield close behind. Makes it SO exciting! LOVED IT! Please keep 'em coming!