Beauty and the Beast

Fever

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Feb 26, 1988 on CBS

• Another one that features Mouse and tunnel dweller Cullen's deterioration.

Another one of my favorites from Season 1! More, more, and much more of Mouse which is always good in my book! Great way of introducing the tunnel dweller Cullen in showing the contrasting dueling parts of his soul. A good way to show what greed can do to a person and that this sin can even reach the people of the tunnels. We first see Cullin as a kind, and generous person making new chess pieces for Father. Then his deterioration after the discovery of the treasure which only serves to infect the rest of the community as well. Sad to see it took the near death of our beloved Mouse for Cullin and the others to open their eyes.:(
  • Mouse finds a buried sunken ship in the tunnels. This prompts Cullen to steal the bulk of the gold for himself.

While this series has been available on DVD, I watched a whole marathon on Chiller. This series had interesting episodes. "Fever" is perhaps one of the best episodes this series had. It poses the societal problem of greed.

The underground dwellers up to this point have accustomed themselves to survive on what they have but when the opportunity comes for them to better themselves with all the treasures they could ever want, trouble arises.

Cullen played by decent actor David Clennon really steals this episode playing the outcast who wants to horde for himself. However, there is the usual great acting by everyone else in this series including Linda Hamilton, James Avery and Ron Perlman.

Linda's character said greed was a problem in her world but greed is common in every world. She also makes the mistakes of meeting a greedy businessman who she makes the mistakes of showing of her new gol necklace (which comes from the gold collection Mouse found).

It was a great episode minus the ending which was unrealistic. However, a must see episode nonetheless.