Beauty and the Beast Forums

CBS (ended 1990)

Anyone else love Season 3?

lacphanbbfan

[41]May 7, 2008
    • level: 4

Hi Jayne, don't feel bad I get the same look from my husband and my three sons. If I have to tolerate all the sports they watch I should be able to watch what I want. We have five television sets (pretty much one in each room) and it is either video games or sports. So I may be a little obssessed watching reruns after reruns of BATB but I just close my door it is my alone time. Especially if I have had a bad day I just pop on of my favourite episodes and I feel better in not time (giggle).

I have checked out that web sight with someones version of the ending I have only read a couple of chapters it looks to be interesting. Unfortunately I only have one computer so I have to find the time (when I am alone) to read it. I will post my thoughts when I reach the end.

Regards,

Edited on 04/27/2009 5:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lacphanbbfan

[42]May 7, 2008

Hi Caz, a word of advice do not lend your dvds to anyone. I have learned that the hard way. Especially when they are not readilly available. I have had people ask to borrow BATB I always give them an excuse. Nothing I hate more when they return them and they are scratched. These were quite expensive and they are not always easy to find. I live in Canada and usually release dates in the USA are on the same day. However there is a cd out "Of Love And Hope" that contains music and poetry with Vincents voice,the sound track from the series. I have not been able to get that anywhere I may have to go across the boarder. Until next time, keep posting your thoughts love to read them.

Regards ,

Edited on 04/27/2009 5:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

waskalywabbit

[43]May 7, 2008
    • level: 2

Hi Celeste

I wont be lending dont worry- i dont have the full Of Love And Hope but i do have the first time i loved forever track with Vincent talking over it just as a sample and tho i have NEVER EVER been interested in poetry or classical music until now i will be buying the whole CD (if only for the pic on the front teehee ) but alas like you i will have to buy from the USA , Caz

waskalywabbit

[44]May 12, 2008

Hi Everyone

Ive just downloaded the OF LOVE AND HOPE CD but only one of the music tracks has Vincent talking over it,i was hoping to hear him recite a little more, Has anyone else found this ? The music is lovely but i understood it was readings also.

Caz

lacphanbbfan

[45]May 13, 2008
    Hi Caz That's awesom where did you find that? I'm not really sure what the content on the cd is. I know it had some poems read by Vincent and some of the music played in the show. I have never heard it myself. I enjoy classical music and often listen to it (on my quiet time alone). Who wouldn't listen to Bethoven's Moonlight Sonata without getting chills. Karen L. Haws has her book on her webpage she is going to have it on paperback to reduce the cost. Hoping to get it soon, she is so proud of her efforts and hopes fans will enjoy it as much as she enjoyed writing. She seems like such a nice lady. RSVP
    Edited on 04/27/2009 5:43pm

jayneblake

[46]May 14, 2008
    I've got my book and am halfway through. Excellent! Takes the story from the end of the tv series. A thriller in itself but restores Catherine to Vincent in an absolutely believable way. Wonderful. Do buy it. You will love it. Jayne

waskalywabbit

[47]May 15, 2008
    Hi Celeste
    I downloaded the music from limewire, a free music download program but am still looking to buy the cd, I will look out for it once my newest DVD set gets here which should be any day now -fingers crossed. caz

waskalywabbit

[48]May 15, 2008
    Hi Jayne
    What is the book called and can you tell me where i can buy it please, sounds amazing-many thanks caz

jayneblake

[49]May 15, 2008
    Hi Caz. The book is called Love's Journey to Awakening, Beauty and the Beast, Happily Ever After by Karen L Haws (though she writes as Laurel Cain Haws). If you type in http://stores.lulu.com/honeytreeenterprises you will get straight to it and there are three versions or downloads if you prefer. I went for the paperback and it came ever so quickly. 562 pages. Well worth it. Best wishes. Jayne

waskalywabbit

[50]May 15, 2008
    Thanx Jayne
    Ive been to the site and ordered a book,cant wait for its arrival,cant believe im getting excited over reading a book either, classical music,readings,poetry and reading books -all firsts for me Mmmmm That Vincent has a lot to answer for lol caz

lacphanbbfan

[51]May 16, 2008

Hi Caz I 've ordered the book myself and am anxiously awaiting. I am not a fast reader so you may finish before me. Let me know what you think. Jayne really enjoyed it and recommends everyone to get it. I must try to download that soundtrack thanks for sharing. Let Karen know you got her book she loves to here from fans and will respond.

Edited on 04/27/2009 5:45pm

laurelcainhaws

[52]May 16, 2008
    • level: 1
    Hi Caz! Thank you so very much for purchasing my book! It is fun to find out where one of them went. Sweet Jayne sent me to this site to check out this delightful conversation that has been going on about Beauty and the Beast. Now, I see where Celeste has been spending some of her time as well. I really do hope that you will thoroughly enjoy my story. If it hadn't been for the painful 3rd season of the series, I never would have written it. It would make me very happy if it provides a salve for the wounded souls of everyone who loves this wonderfully uplifting series. I am also praying that others who are resisting purchasing the 3rd season DVDs will find out that there is an happy continuation of the story available, so they can actually enjoy watching the 3rd season again. My story would be incomplete and unnecessary without that 3rd season to precede it. The greatest blessing in my life happened when my late husband found me, chased me down, and swept me off my feet. Next, of course, are my loving children. But after those blessings, the next greatest blessing in my life was the day in early July of 2007 that I was so devastated over that 3rd season that this book popped into my head. If it heals others the way that it has healed me, then my mission in pursuing its publication will have been served, and I will be blissfully happy! I really look forward to your assessment of my book in your rating and review of it. Love, Karen kandycain1587@bellsouth.net

laurelcainhaws

[53]May 16, 2008
    Hi, Sweetie Pie, Celeste! Yep, I really do love hearing from my loyal book friends. Every time I thought that I might not have the strength to continue, because of this dratted tantruming heart of mine, one of you would e-mail me and give me the lift I needed to keep writing. Thank you so much for all of your loving support as I was continuing to craft my novel. I kept praying that my heart would last long enough to finish it, and it did. Now, I'm praying that it will keep beating until I can see my story in the hands of everyone who needs it. Love, Karen

laurelcainhaws

[54]May 24, 2008

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pass along the happy update that my hardbound version of Love's Journey to Awakening--Beauty and the Beast--Happily Ever AFter has now also been perfected. So, all 3 versions of my book, 2 paperbacks and a hardback, are now available to purchase on my website. Their ISBN codes will appear in about 8 weeks in the International book database, so that online and physical bookstores can order and stock them. Meanwhile, though, all of the information about my book, from conception to finished book, is available at my website, along with a free preview of my book all the way through the end of the 1st chapter. My contact information is there as well, in case anyone would like to e-mail me. Thank you so much for the wonderful loving support you have all given me as I have worked on this project. It has been an heartwarming experience. Once again, my website address is:

http://stores.lulu.com/honeytreeenterprises

Happy reading! Love, Karen

agent_0042

[55]May 24, 2008
    • level: 66
    Regarding the original topic--

Don't know, haven't seen it.. yet! I just finished the second season and am planning to start on the third season a bit later this evening. I'm really looking forward to it!

laurelcainhaws

[56]May 26, 2008
    Hi agent_0042! I will be very interested to know your reaction to Season 3. I know that many others will be as well. Please be sure to post it! Love, Karen

jayneblake

[57]May 28, 2008
    Hi. Just to let you know that it is really necessary to watch Season 3 else the book won't make sense at all. It is painful viewing, but I have forced myself to watch it a few more times and although I am aware that there are some fans who won't even acknowledge its existence I have to say the acting is superb and they did their best with the scraps of storyline they were left with. Best wishes Jayne

agent_0042

[58]May 31, 2008
    • level: 66
    I got ya', and don't worry, I will be watching it -- I have it checked out from the library and should have plenty of time to finish all the episodes before it has to go back. I've already seen three episodes.

lacphanbbfan

[59]Jun 1, 2008
    It's about time!

Parsec54

[60]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 20

I haven't bought the third season of DVDs yet myself, but I did tape the episodes fifteen years ago or so when the Sci Fi channel re-ran the series. The other night, after having watched the final episode of season two on DVD, I started watching those tapes again and ended up spending the entire night watching the whole season, and I have to say, I think I like Dianna better than I did the first time I saw them, but... it still feels like an entirely different show to me. When Catherine died, the show lost something essential to it. No amount of fancy dancing and cast reshuffling could change that. I don't even think replacing Ms Hamilton would have worked either.

I liked Dianna... but the season just wasn't up to par with the rest of the show. Everything came out of nowhere. And I absolutely hated Gabriel's lunatic ramblings so much so that I fast forward through most of his monologues. One of the best scenes was where the police were finally going to close in on him and his little bunch and he's going off on this tangent to his butler Pope who quietly walks out on him, leaving him to ramble on and on to empty air. I was surprised they all put up with his ravings as long as they did.

Another point that I found strange.... I don't know if it's this way on the DVDs or if it was the fault of editing on the part of the Sci Fi channel or what... but I tend to doubt that because it was from two different angles, but ... Vincent's son has two naming ceremonies, the first of which Dianna is present for, then Vincent tells her about the world below as if it's something she hasn't already seen and experienced herself. Then he takes her on the guided tour of the caverns, and boom suddenly there's another naming ceremony, filmed from a different angle and with more dialogue.

And there's something else that bugs me as well. For a place so concerned about secrecy and security, I found it rather odd that the door that was semi-demolished by Snow, the one that leads out into such a public place as Central Park no less, is left in shambles so that anyone could walk in at any time. They were always so quick to seal up tunnels and entrances before... Why leave such a huge breach in their security as that?

In the third season's defense, I will say it was nice to see some characters show up again from previous seasons, characters like Rollie, and Laura, though it's never explained how come Laura is back below again (I know she showed up at Catherine's funeral service at the graveside, along with a number of others, which I thought was very touching). Unfortunately, that's all I can say about it. Did I love season three? No. Even after all this time, the best I can say about it is that it was... passable, but it wasn't Beauty and the Beast.