Beauty and the Beast Forums

CBS (ended 1990)

Anyone else love Season 3?

lacphanbbfan

[61]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 4

Hi Parsec54,

I can't believe you actually have all those episodes on tape I never got a chance to tape them all even after they came out in reruns. Everything I had taped was taped over by the kids (they were young then) so I was so glad when they came out on DVD I could not wait to get all three seasons.

It is definitely one of my favourite shows of all time even to this day. I know what you mean regarding season three it was not the same. The producers did what they had to do under the circumstances.

The scene that you mentioned regarding the baby naming ceremony, even on the DVD that scene occurs twice. They were juggling with the last episode and I think it was one of those scenes they used to fill in time. There is an interview on one of the BATB fan sights with George R.R. Martin and he talks about how they were really battling to get the last episode wrapped up.

And I know what you mean about Gabriel he did get on one's nerves but he did play a cold hearted villain and Steve Mchatie did a great job.

On the last episode there is a scene where I believe it was Father ( I may be wrong) but they refer to Laura as one of the helpers above. It was mentioned that a lot of the helpers above had once lived below for a while.

It was really nice to see some of the characters that came back to be at Catherine's funeral. I think that one of the things that I thought they did really well was stay true to Catherine. Usually when an actor decides to leave they kill them off and you seldom here the name again. Every episode she is mentioned with a lot of emotion not just by Vincent but almost every character in the show.

When Diana goes to Catherine's apartment for the first time to investigate I though it was so nice to see some of the props that she had used. One thing that really upset me was you never got to see the portrait that Kristopher Gentian painted of Vincent and Catherine. I know it would not be kept in her apartment for the obvious reasons but why was it not in Vincent's chamber?

And to answer your question about the blown out entrance to the tunnels, didn't really give it much thought but I am sure Colin and Mouse got that fixed right away (I'm guessing). Well those are my thoughts hope it helped feel free to disscuss....til next time.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Yadlender2007

[62]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 2

My name is Ildira Peterson, I truly enjoyed watching Beauty and the Beast-TV Series when it first aired back in September 1985. This was a show that brought you out of the struggles, and problems of everydays life. Unfortunately I was disappointed when I found out that in Season 3 Catherine Chandler died. In my most honest opinion I can't get enough out of watching my 3 DVD Collection of Beauty and the Beast.

As per my opinion with Season 3, I really enjoyed this season. Unfortunately, my heart was broken to the fact that Vincent lost his one True Love. I believe the producer, writers, choreographers, and everyone else could have ended this series in a True Magical way. I know Linda Hamilton had to leave the show due to her own personal family problems, but the show should have ended in a True Classical Fairytale like Beauty and the Beast the Cartoon.

I feel that the struggle Vincent went through in trying to maintain a relationship of Love with Catherine was wonderful. What they shared was True Love no one can't get now without being interested in money, and material things. This was a relationship that came out of True Love without looking at the disabilities Vincent had or where he came from, and where Catherine lived in a wealthy life, and not happy.

They both managed to bring to the TV screen that Love can conquer all besides of all differences, and where they come from. I don't agree with the fact that Season 3 answered all our questions to the best of the TV Series knowledge.

If you look at Though Lovers Be Lost Part I, and II: Gabriel never explains why he wanted Vincent, and Catherine's child so badly. He also, never explains why the ring he wore was important to Vincent, to reclaim his throne? Why did Gabriel say every 500 to 600 year's a new descendant has to be found?, What did Gabriel mean when he was speaking to Mr. Pope in regards to whether he told a lie to Vincent about the woman being dead? Was it true she was dead, or should he just let Vincent find out on his own? Since he does not know the strength of his own immortality?, What did it say in the note that Father received from Peter, once he took Catherine's body to the morgue? They never let us know what it says, plus why did Father put away some letters he had on his desk when Vincent came in to his Chamber to speak to Father about finding Catherine? These are questions that have not been answered. There are hidden agendas, comments, and scenes that don't make sense at all in Season 3.

We need the writers, producers, choreographers, and actors of this beautiful Love Story to come back together, and give us the True Magical Love Story we desperately deserve. I don't accept the fact that Vincent had to lose his One True Love, after all struggles Catherine, and Vincent went through to finally have their child. It was not fair to take away the mother of his one true love at the end. I beg the Writer, Producer, Choreographers, Actors, Actressess, Ron Pearlman, Linda Hamilton, Jay Acovone, Roy Dotrice, Allain Shimmerman, to have a heart and bring us a True Love Story ending to this TV Series. It was not fair for Vincent to be alone with his son Jacob after all the struggle he went through, with his own inner demons, and his Pure Love for Catherine.

Please bring to the Fans of Beauty and the Beast - TV Series the True Magical Love Story we so desperately deserve. I don't accept the fact that you gave Diana Bennett the part of her having anything to do with Vincent, and Jacob at the end. I hope you can use her as an Angel who will help Vincent, find his long lost love Catherine at the end and bring her home to his side, and child.

Please help make this dream come true to all the True Love Fans of Beauty and the Beast - TV Series. Thank you for listening, with all my Love for Vincent, Catherine, and The Community, Ildira Peterson, The Bronx, NY, not so far from the community sites in Central Park, NY. Please help my dream come to life. I want Vincent, Catherine, Baby Jacob, Father, Mouse, Joe, and all the rest of the Community to end Beauty and the Beast - TV Series the way it should be a Magical Experience of Love. Please help Catherine reunite with her one True Love Vincent, and her child Baby Jacob. Also, please help to explain the reason of the golden rings.

agent_0042

[64]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 66
    Erm... right. Anyways, yeah, Season 3. In some ways I liked it, in some ways I didn't. I thought the idea of the Beast without the beauty was an interesting concept and one worthy of exploration. But I thought the third season was in particular marred by a lot of silly chase sequences as well as certain other things that were sloppy and just didn't makes sense. On the other hand, there were good things. Such as, as one poster mentioned, the return of certain familiar characters.

lacphanbbfan

[65]Apr 27, 2009

Hey 0042,

All this time to watch the third season and that's all you got!

Edited on 04/27/2009 5:50pm

rotherb1

[66]May 1, 2009
    • level: 1
    I didn't think anyone could take Catherine's place but at the end of the third season I felt there was something developing that I would have like to see continued. I don't think CBS liked the series from some of the things I have read. It was extremely well done and I did like Diana. Of course I went to some of the early conventions so I know the way some of the fans feel. I feel the third season was great.

lacphanbbfan

[67]May 4, 2009

rotherb1 wrote:
    I didn't think anyone could take Catherine's place but at the end of the third season I felt there was something developing that I would have like to see continued.
    I totally agree with you, I certainly didn't want to see the series end the way it did without Catherine, but I was glad that Vincent could be loved by someone else without his Catherine.
    rotherb1 wrote:
    I don't think CBS liked the series from some of the things I have read. It was extremely well done and I did like Diana. Of course I went to some of the early conventions so I know the way some of the fans feel. I feel the third season was great.
    It was fantastically well acted by all cast members, Ron Perlman did a great job his pain and sadness over loosing his beloved Catherine. Jo Anderson played a great roll she did not try to fill Linda Hamiltons shoes. She played a more tuff as nails, but down to earth character and her eagerness to help Vincent really touched me. Stephen Mchattie (Gabriel) was remarkable I think I can speak for all the fans and say we were all grateful to see him killed by Diana.

agent_0042

[68]May 24, 2009
    lacphanbbfan wrote:
    Hey 0042,

All this time to watch the third season and that's all you got!

I'm not really sure what else you want me to say. All right, here goes-- Regarding the opening arc of the season-- I thought it was very strong. And the scene of Catherine/Vincent's reunion and Catherine's death was an absolute heartbreaker. Regarding the Diana character-- nobody could ever replace what Vincent and Catherine had, but the Diana character was developed well. Also, regarding Catherine's death-- yes, it was sad. But if I were an actress (not that I ever could be, of course ), if I had to exit the show, I think I would rather have my character experience a death that was emotional and meaningful, rather than simply fading away.

If you want more, talk to me. Ask me questions.

lacphanbbfan

[69]May 24, 2009

Hey 0042,

Question- How much more emotional and meanignful could Catherine's death be? Do you mean a slow death, like many other series do when they often kill one of the characters? Perhaps the producers would have wanted Catherine's death (departure) to take place after a few more episodes into the third season. According to George R. R. Martin, Linda gave them 4 days.

agent_0042

[70]May 25, 2009
    No, I think you misunderstood me, unless I'm misunderstanding you. I thought it was done well. I'm just saying that for anybody that didn't think it was done well, personally I think it was better the way it was done as opposed to the character simply disappearing or something.

sherrieandjerry

[71]Nov 20, 2009

Hi,

I bought the book from Karen Haws and it is different from what has been mention. But very very good. I would be happy to sell it to you if you will email me at skda@ymail.com

Thank you

Writerpatrick

[72]May 25, 2011
    • level: 13

It seems those who liked season 3 were often those who didn't watch the first two seasons when they aired. Season 3 was a completely different show and didn't have the romance which made the first two seasons work. What made the show good was the forbidden romance aspect of it but they lost that with Season 3.

janr55

[73]Jun 23, 2011

unfortunately I have not seen it.. Iwould also love to see season 2 again. Through TV.com I have been able to see the first season.. Is there a way to see the 2nd and 3rd season on here?

TeamEdward1976

[74]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 3

I loved all three seasons!

colrho

[75]May 30, 2012
    For those of you who liked/loved 3rd season and liked the character of Diana, you're not alone. There are a lot of folks out there who loved that part of the show as well. I consider myself an "All Season Fan", and I've written ten fanzines using the characters...so, that's pretty "into" the series. LOL If anyone is interested in talking to other 3rd Season fans and discussing 3S without getting your head bitten off, you can go to:

batb3s_etc@yahoogroups.com

While I'm glad this new generation will have a new Beauty and the Beast series to enjoy, I hope they will be curious enough to check out "our" series, because this new "reboot" will be absolutely nothing like the original. In some ways, I'm glad about that, because as a "reflection" of the original, it can only fail. Perhaps since it's so different it stands a chance of standing on its own merits. I do wish they hadn't used the names Vincent and Catherine, because that's kind of a ripoff. It ain't them, folks. sorry. Plus, I pity the actor trying to step into Ron Perlman's shoes, because NOBODY could possibly be Vincent but Ron. Rhonda Collins

dbschmid

[76]Jul 5, 2012

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to BATB really. When the show first came out in 1987, I had a 6 yr old and a set of 3 yr old twins. I was pretty busy. I was looking through things to watch on Netflix a couple of weeks ago and I saw BATB and immediately started watching. I was hooked! I bought all 3 seasons and transfered them to my iPod so I can listen to the episodes while I work.

I noticed the extra naming scene also but thought it was just a "cutting room" mishap. Also, when a show goes into syndication, in order to allow more advertising time, I think the tv stations cut out parts of the show. I was wondering if anyone noticed any left out scenes from the original taped show and the DVD set. I just hate it when you don't get to see the original show as it was meant to be seen!

I liked season 3 very much. Ron Perlman really made you feel what is was like to lose Catherine; great acting. The episode "Walk Slowly" is one of my favorites. The first episode is also one of my favorites. I think it ended well. With the possibility of Vincent beginning again with his son and not being alone.

I wish this show could have continued but the show really was about Vincent and Catherine; not Vincent and Dianna. I am just sorry that I didn't get to watch it when it first came out.