Beauty and the Beast Forums

CBS (ended 1990)

DVD set

lolipopann

[1]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 2

Has anyone got the complete set yet? Are the extras worth paying for?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jayneblake

[2]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 2
    Hi. If you have a look on the IMDb site you will see some postings about this set and it looks like it is very disappointing. It does appear that the people selling it think fans will buy any old thing! I have all three Seasons anyway so I wouldn't even consider it. Best wishes. Jayne

Donna48

[3]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 12
    I'm really glad I didn't buy it!

lacphanbbfan

[4]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 4

They have managed to disappoint BATB fans once again. I did not have a lot of faith on this new set the minute I saw what the box was going to look like.

That does not look anything like Vincent, the background does not look like the tunnel entrance. What's up with that? And if that wasn't bad enough they charge you $80 (US) without any extra footage from behind the scenes or commentary from writers and producers. It is still cheaper than what I paid when bought them individually but there is no incentive to add this set to my collection. At least the covers on the sets that I have are actual promo shots of Vincent and Catherine.

Do they take us for fools? Shame, shame, shame.................

Parsec54

[5]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    lacphanbbfan wrote:

Do they take us for fools? Shame, shame, shame.................

I do indeed feel that the powers that be believe fans of any show (or musician, for that matter) will purchase anything they happen to throw out to the crowds of fans. Unfortunately, a large majority of them do just that, thus justifying (to the ptb, at least) that this practice is ok. I feel sometimes that when a show comes out season by season without any extras at all, that the people involved are just waiting to throw them all onto the boxed set at the end when the fans have already spent their money buying the show season by season. At least BATB came out with all three seasons. I was getting the dvds for one show that stopped putting them out half-way through and apparently isn't going to bother finishing it. From one extreme to the other, I guess, and we fans end up paying for it on both ends.