Beauty and the Beast Forums

CBS (ended 1990)

New Book

VCloved

[1]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 2

The new book by Ms.Haws was disappointing. Most of the material in the book is just explaining the episodes from the TV series,(over and over) It is not written well at all, although I must give her credit for all the research, time and effort she put into her work. I did find the last few chapters of much better material and writing. She is very good at tying in all loose ends. Several of the names and spellings of the original actors from the show are wrong.This was a surprise, because with all the researching done from the dvd's this should have not been a problem to get correct. The new storyline was acceptable but I don't feel like we will ever see it on the big screen or TV. I have read much better stories from authors of Fan Fiction on the " Beauty and the Beast " sites.. If you have read this book I would like to know what your feelings are on it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lolipopann

[2]Sep 21, 2008

This was my original comment when I first read the book and I still stand by it:

'Well, I've read the book now (it took me a day and a half!) but I have delayed writing because I wanted time to think about it. Overall, I enjoyed it. The author has been imaginative in how she has tied up some of the loose ends and has done it in a believable way. There were parts that I didn't like - I don't think I needed to know the intimate details of Vincent and Catherine's relationship but others might find it completes the story for them. Now, a week later, I find myself thinking of them with the happy ending we all wanted and that's a nice feeling. So, thank you to Laurel Cain Haws for writing this book. Long live Catherine and Vincent!!'

We have to remember the reason Miss Haws wrote her book, which was to give closure for the many thousands of fans who wanted to have a happy ending for Vincent and Catherine. She has done that. We don't all have to like her book and I think it unfair to be so critical of her style. Let her be, at least she tried. We all have the ability to make up our own ending, but we don't all have the courage to write it down and open it up for criticism.

VCloved

[3]Sep 21, 2008
    I was under the impression that these forums were a place for discussion on the subject of BATB. I never had any intention of causing anyone, any harm.

lolipopann

[4]Sep 22, 2008
    Sadly, this is the problem with written words, we all read them differently and can take the wrong meaning from them. I apologise if I have misunderstood your comments. The book apparently has been slated by so many people that it has caused Miss Haws a lot of upset and it was withdrawn from publication. If you check out this website you will get some of the background: http://stores.lulu.com/honeytreeenterprises I think I will keep any future comments I make to the series only! Again, apologies.