TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Beauty and the Beast Forums

CBS (ended 1990)

Repetitvie? No Development?

lolipopann

[21]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    Just found this link http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/beautyandthebeast - it's for an old petition for the DVD series to be released but a new one could be set up for a conclusion to the story.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lacphanbbfan

[22]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 4

Hi lolipop, I took a peak at that sight, that could be the reason they put the series out on DVD after all these years. Perhaps you could write up a petition for the sequel I'll be the first to sign it.

jittterbug

[23]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 1

http://www.batb.tv/greathall/index.php?sid=0d3a585c35c523664b1da3c3696a3863

This web site has a petition started to try to get a Happy Ending show or movie done. As you can read from all the posts, fans desparately want a happy ending; they should have known the show would not survive without the Catherine & Vincent relationship and should have ended it differently. The ending negates the entire relationship and is a betrayal to fans.

http://www.mybatbpage.com/grrm/grrma.html

this is another site with a blog from George R. R. Martin, one of the writers and producers.

If the quote from LH is correct, it sounds like she felt like the fans; their love story moved too slow in that they were not allowed to even kiss. Originally Ron Koslow envisioned about a 5 year run and wanted the relationship to move slowly and culminate with a marriage possibly. But in some of the episodes it just doesn't make any sense that there wasn't even a kiss in scenes that clearly called for one.

Some of you may already have this info. Anyway, one of my fondest wishes is for a "do over" on the ending. Anyway, I hope you all find these links helpful. I did and love this wonderful show.

videoam

[24]May 17, 2009
    • level: 3

I don't think we'll ever know for sure why Linda Hamilton left the show. Things she said at the time may not reflect how she feels about her experience on the show now. From interviews she's given over the last 10 years or so, it's pretty clear that she was dealing with some pretty serious personal issues at the time, so getting getting out of the committment of doing a television series was probably the best choice for her personal well being at the time. I was a big fan of the show, and I was really sorry to see her leave, but we have to remember that the characters we love are portrayed by real people with real lives, and we should respect their decisions. I understand that some people were really hatefull to Linda after she left the show, and think that's a shame. I found a nice article online about a graduation speech she gave at Washington College in 2003. She talks about the different phases of her life, including those early years. Here's a link to the article http://www.washcoll.edu/wc/news/washmag/03_summer/01.html

I have heard that she made some comments at a recent convention about how she enjoyed developing her character over the two year period she was on the show, and how frustrated she was when they cut the real kiss scene from the end of the Happy Life episode. Those comments seem to with the idea that she wanted to further develop the character and that she wasn't happy about how things were progressing and some of the choices the writers and producers made. As a fan, I have to agree that it was time for the relationship between Vincent and Catherine to progress. And, there was plenty of room for additional character development for the rest of the tunnel community also. But, I honestly doubt if anyting the writers could have done would have kept Linda Hamilton on the show for much longer. She had a life to live and a career to pursue, and whatever her reason was, it was time for her to move on.

I loved her in T2, by the way, and I'm looking forward to hearing her voice in Terminator Salvation.

waskalywabbit

[25]May 18, 2009
    • level: 2

Hi Guys

I havent posted in a long time but i have been watching all the reruns on zone romantica,Doesnt matter how many times i watch i still hope for a happy ending ,i guess i could of recorded the episodes on to dvd but would still love to get the full box set ,i did buy them from powerhouse last year but they were cheap copies imported from china and after battling with the company i got my money back ,does anyone know where i can get a good set from.

Thanx caz

sherrieandjerry

[26]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 1
    Hello to all of you fellow fans of BATB. I just wanted to throw in a few thoughts about this wonderful, beautiful love story. I, too, was mesmerized by the characters, and their love. It's what all women want: someone to feel what they feel, give them everything, and to know that they aren't loved because of how good they are in bed. I thought it was so neat that Catherine isn't so strikingly beautiful, her beauty is inside of her. Isn't that what we all want? I was also disappointed when she left the show and I quit watching it. Anyway, when I came across the reruns and renewed my love for it, my sister loaned me her DVD's of all 3 seasons and as I watched it, I started seeing a parallel to the precious love of Christ for his people. In the "Snow" episode, "Father" even quotes from the Bible: " Greater love hath no man than that he lay down his life for his friends...and we are his friends..." It also occurred to me that our Father in heaven loves us and wants protects us from the evil that tries to destroy us - if we stay "connected" to him. We are the Love of His life. He knows where we are and what we are thinking and feeling, and loves us in spite of it. He always looks for the good in us, because we are His and He knows there is beauty in us. Yes, this TV show was the greatest love story ever, but we can achieve that love by turning to our Father in heaven and accepting His love for us.

lacphanbbfan

[27]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    Very well said sherrieandjerry!
    The writers always managed to tap into our emotions both emotionally and spiritually.