Beauty and the Beast

CBS (ended 1990)

gabfan31

Beauty and the Beast Fan Reviews (36)

• "He comes from a secret place far below the city streets, hiding his face from strangers. Safe from hate and harm... Her name is Catherine. From the moment I saw her she captured my heart with her beauty, her warmth and her courage...."

Let's just say that this was the only show that my mother let me stay up late to watch... because she watched it too.

The amazing connection between Catherine and Vincent... the beautiful sets that gave us an underground world beneath New York City. Was just a wonderful world to live in once a week.

The cast was amazing with a number of one-of-a-kind characters: Mouse - the engineering marvel with a sweet child-like manner. "Okay good... Okay fine." Father, played by Roy Dotrice, the patriarch of the world below.

The most amazing standout in the series was Ron Perlman. Now here is a man that can sell a CD of poetry. While the second season was a complete disappointment, trying to take his soulmate relationship with Catherine... a love beyond time and place and try to replace her with ANYONE is ridiculous!! Then again... I guess that's where they jumped the shark.