Beauty and the Beast

CBS (ended 1990)

Beauty and the Beast Fan Reviews (36)

• This show is truly a classic for romantics like myself. It is about the love and connection between two people that cross paths due to a tragic crime. Vincent,a deformed man like beast. And Catherine, a well to do attorney who has not found happiness.

I truly believe this show was not given the oppurtunity it deserved to come back from a short third season. I think if it had been given a chance it would bring viewers back to see the romance between Diane and Vincent. The way I look at it Catherine's love gave Vincent the ability to love without fear of his physical appearance. I certainly was turned off by the prospect of Vincent loving another at the time. However, I am older now and realize that loosing someone through death does not mean you stop loving them. It just means that now you can transform that love. "Though lovers be lost love shall not and death shall have no dominion". By not allowing yourself to love again you would give in to death. This is one of my favourite fairy tale stories ever shown on television. It had class without all the sexually explicit television that we see today. I prefer when certain things are left to the imagination.