Beauty and the Beast

The Rest is Silence ...

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 26, 1989 on CBS

7.3
  • This episode was only so and so as far as I'm concerned.There was only enough matter to keep my interrest but not very much more and in the floowing lines I'm writing,I'm going to explain you why I'm saying that.

The whole episode is entirely based about Vincent's psychological problems following the last episode in which Paracelcus tell Vincent some lies about his birth.And since that time,Vincent has come into the verge of madness.He has to fight against his own madness and his own beast nature that dwells within him-self.So this means that action and real intrigue are quite absent during the episode.However,it doesn't mean there is absence of interest in the strory,the plot of the episode.On the contrary,we keep wondering how Catherine,Father and all the underground people could be capable to help Vincent to recover psychologically.Also there are Vincent's nightmares and visions when he has to fight the beast within him which gave sufficiently action the keep the viewer(at least me,I speak for my-self)satisfied and one's interrest alive.Besides,we have the satisfaction to hear Vincent saying "I love you" to Cathy and Father saying to Catherine he appreciates her presence in Vincent's life and all what she has done for him so far.