Beavis and Butt-head

Comedians

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Sep 06, 1993 on MTV - Music Television

• Thank God for YouTube indeed.

Beavis and Butt-head decide to become stand-up comedians, perform at a comedy club, get booed and burn the place down.¹
    videos:
    Primus - "My Name is Mud"
    Tiffany - "I Think We're Alone Now"
    Vince Neil - "Sister of Pain"
    Belly - "Feed The Tree"
    ¹This episode was last shown edited as follows:
    •The scene where Butt-head gets the idea to become a comedian, Beavis says: "Let's go over to Stewart's house and burn something." The edited version has Butt-head interrupting Beavis after "house."
    •The scene where Beavis is juggling flaming newspapers (which burns down the Laff Hole) is removed.
    •The fire references have been removed from the Vince Neil video. The Belly video was added to fill the time from the edited scenes.

8.5 out of 10

• SACRED

Ok I admit I was a fan of beavis and butt-head since I was 10 (yes 10) and I don't think at that age in my right mind I would play with fire and burn down the house like that 5 year old did because his parents were so ignorant and neglectful they had to pin it out on this show and mike judge just had to remove fire reference from future shows. I mean it was not his responsibility and he denied it too. Ive seen this episode years ago I use to have it on tape 8 hours of B&B without the fire reference I didn't know anything about that incident before I was 10 at that time.
  • Thank God for Youtube...

This was the first episode of Season 3. The animation is now a lot cleaner than it was in the last two seasons. Also, Beavis and Butt-head's voices have been altered. Despite the changes, it didn't stop Season 3 from becoming one of the best, if not, the best seasons in the show. This episode started Season 3 off litterally with a bang...but unfortunately, it got banned because it had an enourmous series of fire references.

The good news is, there's an uncensored version of it on Youtube. http://youtube.com/watch?v=HkCr5U50vdI

It has its moments, but wasn't entirely what I expected. Still, it's funny.
  • The best things in life are bannned.This episode is just one example of that.

A lot of contreversy revolves around this episode.Beavis lighting fire to the night club doesn't really go over well with parents. Apparently because of this episode, 2 12 year old boys lit fire to their trailer and died. Does that make this episode any less funny. To be honest, not really.If you want to go light your house on fire, that's your problem, not Beavis and Butthead's.