Beavis and Butt-head Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2011)

Beavis vs. Butt-head... Who's smarter?

Who's smarter: Beavis or Butt-head

DeeDeeDee-er

[1]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 22
    Regardless of how unbelievably stupid they both are. one has to be smarter.  In my opinion, it's Butt-head because he always out-shines Beavis and figures out how to do something.  Tell me your ideas.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ClessAlvein05

[2]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 3
    Exactly, Butthead is always a little smarter (although he's lazier and tends to not notice the same details that Beavis does.)

The "one has to be smarter" thing also applies to their position on the social hierarchy; even though both are near the bottom (as is Stewart is when he's around them, although he has other friends from a youth group) one has to be higher than the other. Butthead is always the "alpha male," much more assertive and tends to lead the way and command Beavis around, while "beta male" Beavis is mostly passive, but also prone to worry and go hyper (during which he sometimes actually shows massive amounts of knowledge, i.e. that one time he channelled a critic during a music video.)

Butthead is mostly just stupid; Beavis is stupid but also crazy.

It's interesting in the one Christmas episode how in a scene without Butthead around to corrupt him, Beavis is a fairly polite kid, and Stewart (who again has to be considered in the same psychological context) doesn't have any of his insecurities either.
    Edited on 02/22/2007 9:04pm

DeeDeeDee-er

[3]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 22

Well said my friend.  It was an odd idea to see Beavis working at a homeless shelter without Butt-head to influence him.

ClessAlvein05

[4]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    Thanks, yeah, beyond each other neither of them almost any positive influences in their lives either, which could be one of the biggest overlying themes of the show; they've never seen their family [except maybe their dad(s) in the movie,] Van Driessen naively thinks he can just "reach out to them" and everyone else, particularly Buzzcut and McVicker, thinks they can "whip them into shape," leaving not much in between those two extremes, etc.

Except maybe Diarrh-I mean Daria, very few people look at them for what they are (i.e. Gus Baker congratulates them for supporting guns and the death penalty and not being sexually active, when they stand where they do on those for all the wrong reasons; senile Tom Anderson never remembers the previous times they've wrecked his belongings; etc.)

Slade811

[5]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 18
    Butt head is a bit smarter because whenever he sugest an idea Beavis goes off on the wrong reasons untill Butt head smacks him and says stuff like No Fartknocker

Tommorichards

[6]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 5

Dammit, i voted for the wrong guy. I do reckon butt head is cleverer. Butin a dumb and dumber kinda way. They are both dumbasses. But i suppose but head is marginally more of a leader.

sfan64

[7]May 22, 2007
    • level: 20
    I think Beavis is actually smarter than Butt-Head.  He knows how to make sense when he talks, and besides HE'S most likely to score;  He hardly gets attacked by a woman and he doesn't always say something stupid like Butt-Head does ("Hey, Baby"/"Come To Butt-Head").  Butt-Head is usually just lazier and doesn't talk alot like Beavis.  Even though he's a better reader than Beavis, I still think Beavis is smarter than him.  Besides, I like him.

xXxVigil

[8]Jun 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    i say butthead because ya he is mostly rong but at least he is close .....beavis is jst dumb.....but i like beavis better cuz butthead is anoying