Beavis and Butt-head

MTV - Music Television (ended 2011)

Beavis and Butt-head Fan Reviews (184)

• Huh, huh, huh, you said "Ass"!

This was probably, without a doubt one of the funniest animated shows! It's even funnier than modern Family Guy and ranks right up there with classic 90s Simpsons and Rick & Morty. It's always funny to see what those two dopeheads are up to. Rather it be hitting on women or saying what's cool or what sucks; It's always a roller coaster of laughs, with the shenanigans that unfold as these two idiots keep us laughing for more! It's a real shame that MTV had to dump this not only once (in 1997) but twice (in 2011 after a short revival) in favor of their reality show garbage about pregnant teens and teens and young adults cheating on their boyfriends/girlfriends. What the fuck is your problem, MTV!?
  • I love this series

one classic series from mtv
  • Classic MTV cartoon

Too bad it's ended, I liked Beavis and Butthead, it was great. That's it!
  • The Clever and Amazing life of Beavis and Butthead

Beavis and Butthead

The greatest Cartoon to ever hit the TV Screen?

There have been so many amazing cartoon shows that left an impression on childrens' minds especially from 1980 to the late 1990's. I think during this time period Cartoons had reached there peak.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Muppet Babies and Simpsons just to name a few but the one that is the most unique and I think speaks out more to children who were born from 1984 until around 1989 where Beavis and Butthead since the age demographic seemed to be kids from 5-10 who really took a huge like to the show when it came out however, I have heard people even older teenagers and even young adults at the time loved this show.

What are Beavis and Butthead?

Simply put they are two lazy boys who sit on the couch all day eating Nachos and commentating on either Kick-Ass music videos or Crappy Music Videos at the time since MTV normally in the 90s all they did was play Music Videos.

Beavis and Butthead to me could easily be role models for all people as they are not successful people but simply do not care, they do both have jobs but do not stress over rude customers they just have this idea that the world is not as hard as everyone makes it out to be so just chill out. There is so much drama in most peoples lives, Beavis and Butthead really do not know the meaning of the word unless you include when Beavis turns into his Alter-ego.

Now, I am not saying they are role models for kids themselves because they are not, Beavis and Butthead are bums but once those kids get out in the work place I would say Beavis and Butthead are perfect examples of not letting life or people stress you out, just let people around you have there fits, take a few years off their lives while you are happy with your stress free happy life.

I love Beavis and Butthead and always will they are an amazing cartoon made by an amazing man named Mike Judge who also followed it up by another amazing cartoon named King of the Hill.

I always thought Hank Hill from King of the Hill was just Beavis and Buttheads next door stressed out neighbor but 20 years younger, so King of the Hill always made me happy with the thought that in 20 years Hank Hill would really stress out when Beavis and Butthead moved in.

God Bless Mike Judge and Beavis and Butthead.
  • Reasons Beavis and Butt-head are bad

1. The boys always talk about scoring (having s*x), which is basically one of the only things they think about.

2. They always are attempting to impress girls (none of the tries succeed).

3. They also have to laugh each time a bad word comes up (they also do it randomly).

4. Also, they rarely ever pay any attention in school, cause mischief, and everything of the sort.

5. They also give critic on clips from other MTV shows and suggestive music videos (they give extremely vile and inappropriate comments).

6. They also attempt to get one of their friends to look up nudity online.

7. The language is just plain awful (cr*p, d*mn, d*ng, and many more of them), and sometimes you might here the f bomb (in the music videos and tv clips, but only tv clips are censored).

8. The boys know nothing at all and many people take advantage of it. For instance, 2 girls say they want to score with the boys at a theatre, but they only take their tickets and money to get their boyfriends in the movie. At the end, they discover they were tricked.

9. Also, one man who is a criminal (very threatening gangster) always hides in their house to evade the cops, and says if they snitched, he would kill them.
  • Giving my first review to one of the best cartoons of all time.

Beavis & Butt-Head is one of those shows that will always live on in my heart, even being a show that bit the dust on MTV. The show is about two teenagers, respectively named Beavis & Butt-Head, two losers that sit in a pigsty all day watching TV and eating nachos, who go on crazy adventures on their journey laid. They do everything they can to "score" and they fail miserably every time, giving the viewers so many laughs, including myself. They also work at Burger World, where they usually constantly piss off their manager by screwing up all the time. After that short sypnosis on the show, here are my thoughts on it: I started watching this show when I was five years old, yeah, I'm completely aware that I was very very young watching it, and back then, the show would leave me in tears, I was laughing so hard at the toilet humor, the music video gags, and their desperate attempts to "score", even though I didn't know what meant when I was five. But eleven years later, being 16 now, I watch the show today, and it still gives me the same laughs and tears that I got when I was five. The show has so many classic moments, moments that I still have locked in my mind today, and even the revival was amazing, fourteen years after the show's presumed finale, they managed to come back and hold the same sense of humor they had when they ran strong back then, it is undoubtedly one of, if not, my favorite TV show of all time. If you like toilet humor, or just watching two teenagers fail at life completely, then watch this show, I highly recommend it.

10 out of 10.
  • Only 1993-1997

This review is only based on the 1993-1997 run.

Beavis and Butt-Head are two idiotic troublesome teenagers from the fictional city of Highland. Their essential concerns in life are eating nachos (and other kinds of junkfood), watching TV and trying to "score" - you know, get laid or something.

They spend their time either at home doing nothing, going out trying to get chicks (and they, like, fail and stuff), at school (getting in trouble with Vietnam veteran and Marine-turned-teacher Coach Buzzcut and Principal McVicker) or at work at the local fastfood Burger World (under the supervision of that manager dude who always, like, makes them do stuff).

Sure, the writting is definitely not fine literature (some episodes fall flat to be honest), but the second season and the sixth and seventh ones are gold. I don't get why there aren't any season releases so far and we instead have to do with the Mike Judge Collection DVDs - supposedly, the best two thirds of the series... Yeah, some episodes from seasons 3 and 4 that go nowhere or are just unfunny sure are better than the "crappy" (according to Judge) episodes from season 1 (which have really crude animation, but have some impact like the one with the blood donation - and Family Guy even re-used the idea of the person going to a blood donation thinking they're SELLING the blood).

Some of the most classic elements of the show include Beavis' recurring alter ego called the Great Cornholio (a state occuring whenever he consumes too much sugar and/or caffeine) and their reviews of music videos - their reactions are usually pretty funny, especially when they hate stuff. I love the first season episode Balloon mainly because they review an AC/DC video and they go talking about the band members (and I'm a big fan of AC/DC, they RULE).

Anyway, rant's over and let's just enjoy that classic show that scored a 9. (huhuhuh... I said score)
  • Just Hilarious!

It's too bad that they stopped airing this show, but you can still find episodes on YouTube and other video hosting websites. I first watched this when I was 7. I enjoyed it. I still watch episodes of this on YouTube and I've watched Beavis and Butthead Do America which was a pretty good movie. I just love the adult and toilet humor they do here because, after all, Beavis and Butthead are supposed to dumb, right? Not stupid dumb, but funny dumb, like the older Patrick Star (Seasons 1 - 3) I also like the adult humor here (which sparked a ton of controversy and popularity)! The art design started out crude looking, but as progress went on, it started to look better, just go watch the film. My only gripe with this show is the parts where they make fun of a music video because it had nothing to do with the actual plot, making it hard to follow sometimes, they can be funny at times, though, but I felt that they weren't some necessity, and sometimes they take too long. If I find those music video parts on an episode I watch on YouTube, I just skip them. This show is just one of the funniest out there and proves the olden days of TV were great.
  • Stupidly hilarious! :)

This show is so funny because Beavis and Butt-head are so stupid. Their antics just crack me up. I also find it funny that they can't do a simple task right. I also love how they laugh. Their laughter is just like SpongeBob's because it can get stuck in your head. Speaking of him, Beavis and Butt-head make Patrick Star look like Albert Einstein. That is how stupid they are, but at the same time it is hilarious. If you are looking for something to laugh about, then watch this show.
  • It has its moments, but not enough.

The show has positive and negative stuff in it. The show has had quite a bit of controversy here and there but still, you`ll find it enjoyable at its best and feel like you have to watch it at its worst. You may also not like the intelligance level Beavis and Butthead have, but then again, even the dumbest guy in the room full of smart people says the smartest thing now and then. However, I think the show unintentionally poked fun at people with mental problems. It was pretty clear Beavis and Butthead ha a disability but none of the adults even aknowlaged this.
  • I just couldn't get into it.

I don't hate this show, but I don't like it either. The animation is sub par and the characters are dumber than shit. The show does have it's moments than make me laugh or chuckle, but overall the show is just meh. It's basically just two teenage dumbasses with the ugliest faces, doing crazy shit. If you like this show, that's fine but it's just not the show for me. I prefer regular show.
  • Crazy

This show is weird stupid crazy ***ed non kid friendly but yet its just and a fucking good show and i cant help but watch every episode
  • I guess it's decent for something not music on MTV

When I first watched this show, I thought it was gonna be complete garbage, but it's actually ok. nothing special, but ok.
  • Beavis and Butthead can claim the prize of "Stupidest Cartoon Characters", but they can also claim "Most Hilarious Cartoon Characters". An excellent satire of the then-stereotypes of MTV viewers.

Picture this - it was the 90s. The Simpsons had only just proven to the world that animation could be enjoyable for adults as well as children again. Then, MTV started airing Beavis and Butthead - a show which satirised said channel's stereotyped core audiece as drop-out teen metalheads who thought jokes about body parts were funny. Long story short, the show gained high ratings and became one of the best things to come out of the 90s.

Beavis and Butthead focuses on the titular idiots, who go around town having mad adventures, trying to score with chicks in the process. Usually, there would be music video segments halfway through the episodes, where the duo would comment on whatever annoyed, amused or scared them on said music videos.

The characters are hilarious. Beavis and Butthead are so stupid, it's funny. Whenever an episode involves Beavis on a pressure chair, the duo trying their best not to laugh all day, or Beavis getting cut by a machine with exaggerated pools of blood, you'll end up finding them utterly hilarious. (Quote: "I am Cornolio!"). The minor characters can also hold their own too.

The animation may look sketchy and crude, but it hasn't aged a bit since it first aired. If anything, Stylistic Suck is in play here.

Sadly, the music video segments were removed from VHS and DVD releases (Copyright... *rages*), but from what I found easily on YouTube, they're just as funny as the episodes themselves.

Beavis and Butthead is a true cult classic and a sparlking gem from the 90s. Watch an episode on YouTube if you have the time - if you can put up with crude humour, you won't regret it.
  • Uh uh uh uh uh this is cartoon is funny

They are funny. They make me laugh too much. Beavis is my favorite. I like his "fire fire fire" line! Fire is just too damn awesome!
  • my most FAVORITE show EVER!!!!!!!

beavis and butthead in my opinion is the best (and funniest) show EVER made!!!!i have seen every single episode and the movie multiple times each,i have alot of the and i REALLY hope they will make a 9th season,or another movie of it,i am a beavis and butthead fan for life!!!!!!!!:):):) <3
  • Grew up watching.

Great show. Beavis is my favorite. Didn't enjoy the new episodes as much, probability b/c I am older.
  • Wish I could give this show a 15.

This was what I think of when I think of MTV. (I also think of Daria, Liquid Television, and music videos.) I was excited that this show returned last year, and actually had high hopes that MTV has learned it's lesson about what's actually good. Unfortunately, there is no word about the new season, (if any.)

I wish MTV would bring back Beavis and Butt-head for another season, (or three.) and start canceling all these dreck shows! If not, then maybe Mike Judge should take this show elsewhere, like Adult Swim or Comedy Central.
  • Hope to see more.

Although Beavis and Butt-head are not the brightest of teenagers, they are two of the most successfully talented entertainers that has been on MTV. They were off the air for over a decade, and even after seeing the reruns, I still laugh every time. The show is the most original thing that 'used' to be on MTV. Mike Judge and the writers of Beavis and Butt-head finally did the revival last year. Now I'm hearing talk of a possible cancellation of the series. Beavis and Butt-head did great in its comeback, why get rid of the only reason that most people get on MTV in the first place? I hope to see at least another season.
  • Humorous.

I love this show.

Plot: Beavis and Butthead, are two guys with an idiotic nature, who always thinks about things and they do it in their own strange way. They are really funny when it comes to their plots, what are they going to do. This is just like Phineas & Ferb in a crude way.

Characters: While this show doesn't focus on other characters, it focuses in the duo more. It's good, really. Even if they care less about the other characters. Because those duo never gets old.

Humor: Crude humor, plus their stupidity is just outrageous, it made me laugh for a moment when they think about things that they will do that is unusual to people around them, then they will go out. They will be laughed at, or something else.

Art: Art is good, animation is great, just like CatDog.

Overall: 10. They should make more of this.
  • This is cool...

Beavis and Butt head is a very funny show and I think that the writers are very clever with how they make you laugh in the situations that Beavis and Butt head get into. Another thing very good about this show is that it makes funny of music videos and reality shows very well. This show is something that is very original and I think that this show is MTV's best then and now.( Since the show returned to MTV, which is good because MTV sucks these days.) I can not wait for more of the new episodes!
  • Really rather entertaining!

I got into this show on it's return, like many other shows, and I find this show hilarious. I also watched a lot of the older episodes and the newer episodes feel just like the old ones, it's a great feeling. It's also great for MTV since this sure pulled a lot of viewers there since all of their shows suck (besides of course this one.) If you are looking for some good laughs and great slapstick comedy than this show is for you.
  • ahhhhhhh

this show always made sme good points
  • This is going to be cool...and it was.

Mike Judge proves he's not only King of the Hill but King of the Subtle, satirical cartoons,with this animated, made – for – cable series about two really dumb high – school kids. Despite the surface value of stupidity, our two "heroes" provide a discretely clever platform for satire that targets multiple areas of modern society. The juvenile humour is suitably married to a crude, flash animation visual style that suits the tone ideally. This show joins its rival South Park as two shows that have released a movie that was surprisingly excellent; the 1996 film Beavis and Butthead Do America takes the shows premise and expands it into feature length array of many laughs and clever complications with the ignorance of its two leading men remaining a constant. Beavis and Butthead is the People's Temple of cult TV shows and is nothing short of classic.

• I am Cornholio!! I need TP for my bunghole!

Beavis and Butt-head, whilst not being one of my top 10 favourite shows, is still perhaps one of my all time favourites. Despite the fact that I generally hate MTV I love this show. The characters are big metalheads and parody stupid teenagers who spend too much time in front of the TV. The show is a big cult classic and has been referenced on many other shows such as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. The show's humour is even funnier if you know of or are a fan of the bands they are into. To conclude my review all I can say is that a cacky channel like MTV was lucky to have a show like this.
  • Not a great show, but far from the worst.

The most memorable character in "Beavis & Butt-Head" is neither of the teenage slackers themselves, but rather, Mr. Anderson, who became the prototype for Hank Hill in Mike Judge's next project, "King of the Hill". It was hilarious seeing Mr. Anderson getting cheesed off every time the boys did something wrong to him, such as using his credit card illegally; wrecking his home or stealing the Halloween candy. It's also ironic that Mr. Anderson would profess to love butane, something Hank Hill would consider a "bastard gas" in "KOTH". Like "The Simpsons", I actually hated this show, but it has grown on me, albeit more slowly and due in great part to Mr. Anderson.
  • Since I didn't grow up with this, I instantly labeled it as ugly, dumb, stupid, etc.

Well what was I thinking? This show was perfect for me and anyone in general. Who gives a blank about the animation. It's actually really funny and stupid in a good way. It's a stoner comedy (sort of) like one of my favorite shows Regular Show. I'm glad it's returning October 27, 2011 with new episodes. MTV will finally get a taste of what REAL shows are. I highly recommend it. Although, there's no way to watch the old episodes besides illegally.

• The best TV show of all time.

The characters, Beavis and Butt-head, are rude, crude, and stupid, and can be placed in the "dumb comedy" tradition, which includes Abbott and Costello, The Three Stooges, Cheech and Chong, Saturday Night Live's Wayne and Garth, and FOX's The Simpsons. When the show debuted, television critics differed in their opinions, with some praising the show for daring to present the stupidity of male "metalheads" who watch too much television (effectively satirizing the core MTV audience), and others categorizing Beavis and Butt-head as another example of television's declining quality. Beavis and Butt-head did find an audience and began pulling in MTV's highest ratings. But the show was also quite controversial, instigating heated public debate on the interconnected issues of representations of violence in the media and generational politics surrounding youth subcultures.

My review: Just plain hilarious, I have no other comments to say.

10/10 A++++
  • Beavis and Butthead are very stupid, but they will always bring a smile to our face and make us laugh until we can't breath.

Beavis and Butthead is one of those shows that even if you never seen it, everyone loves to talk about it. In every aspect the show is perfect, the animation is great, the characters are lovable, and it always makes everyone laugh. The show is about two teenagers named Beavis and Butthead who go around town and get into crazy and stupid adventures, and they try to get chicks to score with. In every episode Beavis and Butthead always get into trouble and do the stupidest things, but it's so much fun to watch them screw up and the end result is non stop laughter. The animation is great and it hasn't aged that much, and the artwork looks great for the time. The characters bring in their own unique style of humor but it's Beavis and Butthead's humor that make the show so funny. There is not a single bad thing about this show at all, it's just a great show. I have even heard that Beavis and Butthead are supposed to return to TV, which is a good idea since most of the shows MTV has on are complete crap, it will be great to see them back again. If you haven't seen this show yet, go to Youtube and look up episodes of this show and enjoy the comedy of Beavis and Butthead.
  • Oh my god this show is great!!! Thank god its coming back this fall!!!!

Mike judges second cartoon, Beavis and Butthead was an instant classic. It is about two morons that do stupid stuff that do stuff that would probably get you killed in the real world. Does that stop it from being a great show? Nope! I also loved how they poked fun at celebrities and crappy music. Being a hardcore mike judge fan, his work does not take much to impress me, but, dang man. This show was it! If your one of those intellegent and picky tv show watchers that only finds other shows funny, than this isnt the show for you. But, If you want good ol classic mike judge comedy, then all I can say is: WATCH IT!!!! Its also coming back on october 27, 2011 so give it a go!!! Its as if hank hill never left!!! I rest my case.

< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7