Beavis and Butt-head

MTV - Music Television

SrRui

Beavis and Butt-head Fan Reviews (176)

• It has its moments, but not enough.

The show has positive and negative stuff in it. The show has had quite a bit of controversy here and there but still, you`ll find it enjoyable at its best and feel like you have to watch it at its worst. You may also not like the intelligance level Beavis and Butthead have, but then again, even the dumbest guy in the room full of smart people says the smartest thing now and then. However, I think the show unintentionally poked fun at people with mental problems. It was pretty clear Beavis and Butthead ha a disability but none of the adults even aknowlaged this.
  • I just couldn't get into it.

I don't hate this show, but I don't like it either. The animation is sub par and the characters are dumber than shit. The show does have it's moments than make me laugh or chuckle, but overall the show is just meh. It's basically just two teenage dumbasses with the ugliest faces, doing crazy shit. If you like this show, that's fine but it's just not the show for me. I prefer regular show.
  • Crazy

This show is weird stupid crazy ***ed non kid friendly but yet its just and a fucking good show and i cant help but watch every episode
  • I guess it's decent for something not music on MTV

When I first watched this show, I thought it was gonna be complete garbage, but it's actually ok. nothing special, but ok.
  • Beavis and Butthead can claim the prize of "Stupidest Cartoon Characters", but they can also claim "Most Hilarious Cartoon Characters". An excellent satire of the then-stereotypes of MTV viewers.

Picture this - it was the 90s. The Simpsons had only just proven to the world that animation could be enjoyable for adults as well as children again. Then, MTV started airing Beavis and Butthead - a show which satirised said channel's stereotyped core audiece as drop-out teen metalheads who thought jokes about body parts were funny. Long story short, the show gained high ratings and became one of the best things to come out of the 90s.

Beavis and Butthead focuses on the titular idiots, who go around town having mad adventures, trying to score with chicks in the process. Usually, there would be music video segments halfway through the episodes, where the duo would comment on whatever annoyed, amused or scared them on said music videos.

The characters are hilarious. Beavis and Butthead are so stupid, it's funny. Whenever an episode involves Beavis on a pressure chair, the duo trying their best not to laugh all day, or Beavis getting cut by a machine with exaggerated pools of blood, you'll end up finding them utterly hilarious. (Quote: "I am Cornolio!"). The minor characters can also hold their own too.

The animation may look sketchy and crude, but it hasn't aged a bit since it first aired. If anything, Stylistic Suck is in play here.

Sadly, the music video segments were removed from VHS and DVD releases (Copyright... *rages*), but from what I found easily on YouTube, they're just as funny as the episodes themselves.

Beavis and Butthead is a true cult classic and a sparlking gem from the 90s. Watch an episode on YouTube if you have the time - if you can put up with crude humour, you won't regret it.
  • Uh uh uh uh uh this is cartoon is funny

They are funny. They make me laugh too much. Beavis is my favorite. I like his "fire fire fire" line! Fire is just too damn awesome!
  • nooooooooooooo

hate it. badly drawn animation on par with a 2 y/o mentality. this show has to be the worst. 2 boys that try to photocopy their butt? come on! its bad i tell you. i dont know whats with the mike judge animation. it is some of the worst ive seen ever. do not let your teens and adults go near this show please.
  • my most FAVORITE show EVER!!!!!!!

beavis and butthead in my opinion is the best (and funniest) show EVER made!!!!i have seen every single episode and the movie multiple times each,i have alot of the and i REALLY hope they will make a 9th season,or another movie of it,i am a beavis and butthead fan for life!!!!!!!!:):):) <3
  • Grew up watching.

Great show. Beavis is my favorite. Didn't enjoy the new episodes as much, probability b/c I am older.
  • Wish I could give this show a 15.

This was what I think of when I think of MTV. (I also think of Daria, Liquid Television, and music videos.) I was excited that this show returned last year, and actually had high hopes that MTV has learned it's lesson about what's actually good. Unfortunately, there is no word about the new season, (if any.)

I wish MTV would bring back Beavis and Butt-head for another season, (or three.) and start canceling all these dreck shows! If not, then maybe Mike Judge should take this show elsewhere, like Adult Swim or Comedy Central.
  • Hope to see more.

Although Beavis and Butt-head are not the brightest of teenagers, they are two of the most successfully talented entertainers that has been on MTV. They were off the air for over a decade, and even after seeing the reruns, I still laugh every time. The show is the most original thing that 'used' to be on MTV. Mike Judge and the writers of Beavis and Butt-head finally did the revival last year. Now I'm hearing talk of a possible cancellation of the series. Beavis and Butt-head did great in its comeback, why get rid of the only reason that most people get on MTV in the first place? I hope to see at least another season.
  • Humorous.

I love this show.

Plot: Beavis and Butthead, are two guys with an idiotic nature, who always thinks about things and they do it in their own strange way. They are really funny when it comes to their plots, what are they going to do. This is just like Phineas & Ferb in a crude way.

Characters: While this show doesn't focus on other characters, it focuses in the duo more. It's good, really. Even if they care less about the other characters. Because those duo never gets old.

Humor: Crude humor, plus their stupidity is just outrageous, it made me laugh for a moment when they think about things that they will do that is unusual to people around them, then they will go out. They will be laughed at, or something else.

Art: Art is good, animation is great, just like CatDog.

Overall: 10. They should make more of this.
  • This is cool...

Beavis and Butt head is a very funny show and I think that the writers are very clever with how they make you laugh in the situations that Beavis and Butt head get into. Another thing very good about this show is that it makes funny of music videos and reality shows very well. This show is something that is very original and I think that this show is MTV's best then and now.( Since the show returned to MTV, which is good because MTV sucks these days.) I can not wait for more of the new episodes!
  • Really rather entertaining!

I got into this show on it's return, like many other shows, and I find this show hilarious. I also watched a lot of the older episodes and the newer episodes feel just like the old ones, it's a great feeling. It's also great for MTV since this sure pulled a lot of viewers there since all of their shows suck (besides of course this one.) If you are looking for some good laughs and great slapstick comedy than this show is for you.
  • ahhhhhhh

this show always made sme good points
  • This is going to be cool...and it was.

Mike Judge proves he's not only King of the Hill but King of the Subtle, satirical cartoons,with this animated, made – for – cable series about two really dumb high – school kids. Despite the surface value of stupidity, our two "heroes" provide a discretely clever platform for satire that targets multiple areas of modern society. The juvenile humour is suitably married to a crude, flash animation visual style that suits the tone ideally. This show joins its rival South Park as two shows that have released a movie that was surprisingly excellent; the 1996 film Beavis and Butthead Do America takes the shows premise and expands it into feature length array of many laughs and clever complications with the ignorance of its two leading men remaining a constant. Beavis and Butthead is the People's Temple of cult TV shows and is nothing short of classic.

• I am Cornholio!! I need TP for my bunghole!

Beavis and Butt-head, whilst not being one of my top 10 favourite shows, is still perhaps one of my all time favourites. Despite the fact that I generally hate MTV I love this show. The characters are big metalheads and parody stupid teenagers who spend too much time in front of the TV. The show is a big cult classic and has been referenced on many other shows such as Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. The show's humour is even funnier if you know of or are a fan of the bands they are into. To conclude my review all I can say is that a cacky channel like MTV was lucky to have a show like this.
  • Not a great show, but far from the worst.

The most memorable character in "Beavis & Butt-Head" is neither of the teenage slackers themselves, but rather, Mr. Anderson, who became the prototype for Hank Hill in Mike Judge's next project, "King of the Hill". It was hilarious seeing Mr. Anderson getting cheesed off every time the boys did something wrong to him, such as using his credit card illegally; wrecking his home or stealing the Halloween candy. It's also ironic that Mr. Anderson would profess to love butane, something Hank Hill would consider a "bastard gas" in "KOTH". Like "The Simpsons", I actually hated this show, but it has grown on me, albeit more slowly and due in great part to Mr. Anderson.
  • Since I didn't grow up with this, I instantly labeled it as ugly, dumb, stupid, etc.

Well what was I thinking? This show was perfect for me and anyone in general. Who gives a blank about the animation. It's actually really funny and stupid in a good way. It's a stoner comedy (sort of) like one of my favorite shows Regular Show. I'm glad it's returning October 27, 2011 with new episodes. MTV will finally get a taste of what REAL shows are. I highly recommend it. Although, there's no way to watch the old episodes besides illegally.

• The best TV show of all time.

The characters, Beavis and Butt-head, are rude, crude, and stupid, and can be placed in the "dumb comedy" tradition, which includes Abbott and Costello, The Three Stooges, Cheech and Chong, Saturday Night Live's Wayne and Garth, and FOX's The Simpsons. When the show debuted, television critics differed in their opinions, with some praising the show for daring to present the stupidity of male "metalheads" who watch too much television (effectively satirizing the core MTV audience), and others categorizing Beavis and Butt-head as another example of television's declining quality. Beavis and Butt-head did find an audience and began pulling in MTV's highest ratings. But the show was also quite controversial, instigating heated public debate on the interconnected issues of representations of violence in the media and generational politics surrounding youth subcultures.

My review: Just plain hilarious, I have no other comments to say.

10/10 A++++
  • Beavis and Butthead are very stupid, but they will always bring a smile to our face and make us laugh until we can't breath.

Beavis and Butthead is one of those shows that even if you never seen it, everyone loves to talk about it. In every aspect the show is perfect, the animation is great, the characters are lovable, and it always makes everyone laugh. The show is about two teenagers named Beavis and Butthead who go around town and get into crazy and stupid adventures, and they try to get chicks to score with. In every episode Beavis and Butthead always get into trouble and do the stupidest things, but it's so much fun to watch them screw up and the end result is non stop laughter. The animation is great and it hasn't aged that much, and the artwork looks great for the time. The characters bring in their own unique style of humor but it's Beavis and Butthead's humor that make the show so funny. There is not a single bad thing about this show at all, it's just a great show. I have even heard that Beavis and Butthead are supposed to return to TV, which is a good idea since most of the shows MTV has on are complete crap, it will be great to see them back again. If you haven't seen this show yet, go to Youtube and look up episodes of this show and enjoy the comedy of Beavis and Butthead.
  • Oh my god this show is great!!! Thank god its coming back this fall!!!!

Mike judges second cartoon, Beavis and Butthead was an instant classic. It is about two morons that do stupid stuff that do stuff that would probably get you killed in the real world. Does that stop it from being a great show? Nope! I also loved how they poked fun at celebrities and crappy music. Being a hardcore mike judge fan, his work does not take much to impress me, but, dang man. This show was it! If your one of those intellegent and picky tv show watchers that only finds other shows funny, than this isnt the show for you. But, If you want good ol classic mike judge comedy, then all I can say is: WATCH IT!!!! Its also coming back on october 27, 2011 so give it a go!!! Its as if hank hill never left!!! I rest my case.

• this was a show were it was okay to be stupid.

back in the glory days of MTV we did not have crap like Jeresy Shore or laguna Beach we had a show about to morons Named beavis and butthead and they kicked ass. now a days im not even sure the new generation of teens know who beavis and butthead are due to the fact of the crap that is being put on MTV but i am proud to say that beavis and Butthead are coming back and i cant wait for them to kick the ass's of the entire jersey shore Cast. long live beavis and Butthead the the kings of stupid.and MTv while your at it bring back celebrity death match too.
  • My Favorite Cartoon of all time!!! Where's Beavis And Butthead When You Need Them

What can i say about Beavis And Butthead? Well its the funniest cartoon ever made. It follows to teenagers (14) Who's life revolves around breaking stuff, burning stuff, eating nacho's, Destroying Tom Anderson's House (Later the voice of this character was used for Hank Hill on Mike Judge's Preceding cartoon King Of The Hill, which is also a great show) and other things teenager's of the 90's were doing am i right? They also love to watch Music Videos which is a major highlight of the series. You can tell my their shirts that they are metal heads. But they also enjoy rap, R&B, and Other. In the beginning of the series the dialogue was limited to "That's Cool", "This Sucks", "Change It" "HUH HUH" well you get the picture. But around end of season two id say they would critique bands they like or didn't like, talk about something in the current culture, argue, or talk about something random. This may seem dumb to you but B&B is could be considered idiot savants with their clever jokes or observations. This amazing show even has a full length movie, which is also recommended. The show went on until 1997. Many believe it was canceled but Mike Judge simply wanted to move on. B&B would appear from time to time such as MTV Music Awards, A special apperance on Jackass 24 Hour Takeover, and more Recently they were featured on Jackass 3D the movie. Which Had Butthead Smack Beavis, Something that was needed. Rumors have been circulating and confirmed by New York Times that Beavis And Butthead will be returning with new episodes. Lets hope that they wont end up like family guy and stay true to the series. Either way, i cant wait and hope to enjoy B&B's Commentary of Today's Music.
  • I gem from the 90s.

Beavis and Butt-head is one of the best shows ever made. It shows that even the dumbest things can make us lauph. It carries on to be better that most show out today, and is considered one of the best MTV shows ever made. I also have heard some news that the show will be coming back with new episodes sometime in 2011. I, like everyone else, can't wait for such an event to happen. I hope the show does well in its comeback. Until then, I wish the show, Mike Judge, and everyone else who work on the show goodluck.
  • Deavis and Dumbhead is what they should be called

NOBODY should watch this supreme garbage!!!! If you read this take my word. Anyone who loves this is ignorant and naive. Teach kids to do dumb stuff when your bored is not a good thing to show to kids and anyone. EVeryone outta burn their discs and videos of this super dumb show and send the creators to bars. I can\\\'t believe Roger Ebert gave the movie a thumbs up, when it should have been thumbs completely down. This show is just as dumb as South Park, WWF, Jerry Springer, Barney, Sally Jessie Raphael, The Drew CArrey, and every other brouhaha
  • I'm not sure why people actually watch this show.

2.5
    I would like to know what it is about this show that makes it funny. The episodes have no plot and all they seem to do is sit in front of the TV. Whoever did the voices for the title characters obviously doesn't have much talent. The voice acting through the whole show is cheap, but I guess the animation is too. Also, hearing them wheeze through the whole show is just annoying. Who's idea was that, anyway?

The jokes also such. I can easily watch a whole episode without even a belly laugh.

Of course, maybe if the writers weren't dunb enough to have all these music videos interrupt the show, then maybe it would be better. It's like having a commercial break every two minutes. Whenever the show gets some momentum and I start to get into it a little, it's all taken away seconds later with a music video that will usually feature an artist or band who has no talent.

This show is so cheap and lame. I don't know why anyone would watch this when better shows, like Family Guy and Aqua Teen Hunger Force exist.
  • the most hideous cartoon to come into your television.

2.3
    I take back what I said about Rugrats, Beavis and Butthead is more disgusting to look at. Their animation is way, way, way too ugly and plain.
    It's so bad that I feel like puking my intestines out.
    I can't tell which character is Beavis or Butthead. One of them has a huge forehead and scary eyes. Another one has big nostrils, buck teeth, and small eyes.
    Sometimes they make noises with their mouths and noses and it's very irritating.
    Besides the visuals, it looks fairly funny. They make silly comments while watching music videos.
    If it looked better, then I would watch it.
  • newsflash not funny

2.3
    who wants to see a load of pathetic idioits with big heads talk to each other and stuff. its boring and overrated. this show is sooooooooooooo boring id rather sleep than watch 2 idioits with large heads do crazy things. butt head wat kind of a name is that? my point is that
    this show is bad.
  • This is the stupidest show ever.

3.1
    Nothing happens. Beavis and Butthead just sit there weezing, which is very annoying. Yes, i know people watch it, but what kind of people are they, idiots. DUHHHHHHH!!!!!I hate it so much. Never in your life watch this show. It is so stupid, thats all I can say about it. ok maybe im being a little mean about this... but im just a critic and have my taste in shows, if u want to watch it go ahead... some of the jokes r pretty funny
< 1 2 3 4 5 6