Becker

Cooked

Aired Monday 8:00 PM May 15, 2000 on CBS

7.7
  • Liz and John are finished.

6.4
    In "Cooked", John and Liz's relationship is in trouble. Liz has received words that a friend of hers has taken over a practice in Chicago. John (Becker) is happy and sad about this, because it would likely be a problem with the relationship.

When John tells Reggie about this, she yells at him for not telling Liz his real fealings. John decides to invite Liz over to his place and talk about his feelings on the whole thing. Liz seems to take it as though John is ready for a more long-term commitment.

John decides to eventually take her out to dinner to better clarify his feelings. As the sit down, a waiter brings them a bottle of champagne and two glasses. One of them has a diamond ring. The waiter accidentially brought it to the wrong table, making the situation rather awkward.

John, working off a notecard, hidden under the table, starts to tell her that he's happy for her and that she should take the job in Chicago. Liz is very happy and says she already took the job, so this was a big relief.

I thought this was a decent episode. I know there was a sub-plot to this episode, but I can't remember it at the moment, I'll edit the review after I see it again.