Becker Forums

CBS (ended 2004)

Becker on DVD?

heyjude602

[21]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    heyjude602 wrote:

does anyone know what the episode is where they discuss becker getting into a fight with a man in a wheelchair? it is a "known" fact about him and is made reference to in other episodes including "the usual suspects". i can remember all of the episodes that the police detective refers to when he is talking about the people who would want to trash becker's office, and i know that the man in the wheelchair turns out to be the man that adds the "chico, california" calls in "for whom the toll calls" but i can't remember which is the episode where every body is ragging on becker because he supposedly pushedthe man down a hill causing him to wind up in a wheelchair. john protests that he already was in a wheelchair when he pushed him.

it's actually the beginning of the episode "for whom the toll calls". silly me!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kopeckee

[22]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 20
    i was able to catch just about the entire show on cbs here in new york... i taped it and watched it later . it was on at 137 am.... They just did the last episode and it looks like it is being replaced with something else.... . such a good show

tooltime

[23]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 12
    Brilliant show! Surely DVD's will be coming some time soon?

JHBulls1

[24]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 5

tooltime wrote:
    Brilliant show! Surely DVD's will be coming some time soon?

You thought right. April 1st, no its no april fools joke.

Go to tvshowsondvd.com for the news.

YumiandMe4ever

[25]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 35
    I was just about to post that, here's the link.

[26]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 7
    Oh Boy! 2008 is looking to be a banner year for TV on DVD. First Mannix is announced for June and now Becker! That's great news. The only thing that could make it better for me is for the release of"Still Stnading", "Yes, Dear", amdadditional releases for "The Nanny".

swhitt78

[27]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 3
    I heard it was coming in June, but you can't be too sure. It usually takes a while for old T.V programs to come out on DVD, due to the age of the show and if anyone in this generation will buy it. I love the show, and Cheers, but I'm about 30 years old. I grew up watching these shows. Kids today don't really like anything without rap music or anything that doesn't start with the word "Reality". (No offense to you kids out there). Times change and so does likes and dislikes. That is why it takes so long for these old shows to come out, b/c it doesn't relate to the younger generation.

D-LinkUK

[28]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 24

Yes 1st of April

You can pre-order from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012EM5DS/ref=pe_11480_8033630_emwa_email_title_1

RCC2K5

[29]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    Yes, Yes YES!!! I'm going to Suncoast on 4/1 to get my copy and if they don't carry it, there's always Amazom.

kravitzfan12

[30]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 34

I spotted a review of the DVD on SitcomsOnline.com. It got a pretty decent review. If you want to read the entire thing, click the link provided above. If you just want a quick overview, procede reading my post...

Out of a total 5 stars, it received 3.5.

Major complaints were:

- the packaging is extremely cheap and breaks easily (DVD snap-holders)

- there are no special features

- there is no music or live animation in the menus

- the episodes seem to be syndication cut, missing the ending scenes (they are not sure, but they know that the cross-over scene with Cosby, Ray Romano and Kevin James is definately missing)!

Positives were:

- the video quality is excellent for a ten year old show

- the show is consistantly funny throughout the season (except for a somewhat slow pilot)

- the audio is good

- the menu is fairly well designed

seinfeld111690

[31]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 25

Season 2 has been announced:

TVShowsOnDVD wrote:
    Ted Danson (Cheers, Damages), Terry Farrell (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Alex D├ęsert (The Flash) return in Becker - The 2nd Season, following on this past April's release of the show's first season (out of six that were produced). This 24-episode package bows on February 3rd, running 526 minutes and presented in full screen video with English Stereo audio. Guest appearances in this season include the likes of John Mahoney (Frasier, Dan in Real Life) and Stephen Collins (7th Heaven, Star Trek: The Motion Picture), plus recurring guest Frances Fisher (Eureka, Titus) as "Dr. Liz Carson". Stay tuned for package art and any further info we find out about this release!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Becker-Season-2/10654

I'm really surprised about this one. Good to hear, though.

Edited on 10/06/2008 8:58am
    Edited 2 total times.

RCC2K5

[32]Dec 24, 2008
    • level: 18
    kravitzfan12 wrote:

- the episodes seem to be syndication cut, missing the ending scenes (they are not sure, but they know that the cross-over scene with Cosby, Ray Romano and Kevin James is definately missing)!

That is not true. I have the whole series recorded as it airs on syndication. The only episode on the DVD that doesn't have any extra scenes is Activate Your Choices. All other episodes, including Drive They Said have extra scenes.

Now, my uneducated guess is that the scene with Cosby, Kevin James and Ray Romano was cut out from the DVD for royalty reasons.

kravitzfan12

[33]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 34
    RCC2K5 wrote:
    That is not true. I have the whole series recorded as it airs on syndication. The only episode on the DVD that doesn't have any extra scenes is Activate Your Choices.
    I never saw the series as it was originally aired. The only time I saw it previous to the DVD release is in syndication. So I honestly don't know if they were cut or not. I took all of the points from my review from the Sitcoms Online review I linked. So I really don't have any idea about how they cut the episodes.

About the ending crossover, you're guess is probably the best explanation available.

thefanof

[34]Jan 18, 2009
    • level: 102
    Can't wait for Season 2 to come out.

Ahbow

[35]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 1
    Someone now when season 3 come out ?