Becker

CBS (ended 2004)

Becker Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Becker rocks!!!

I wish they would bring Becker back. The show is so hilarious! Bob just cracks me up. I am a big fan of Ted Danson's and he played John Becker so great. I enjoy watching reruns of it on TV, and I hope they release the seasons out on DVD. I would definitely buy it. The whole cast plays their parts so great. I love watching Becker. It always makes me laugh and I wish the show had lasted longer than it did. My favourite character is John Becker. My favourite parts of the show were when Becker goes on about one thing, it's so funny!!! This show was a fantastic and funny comedy sitcom.
  • Becker is classic comedy that can't die ever so for that i'm so sad coz the show ended and surprise .. i love becker and the show in my opinion could take good 3 more season's because it very funny and the cast is wonderful

i'm so surprise to see that becker is ended so what the reason for that and why !! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is it becase the viewers or the story line or what the reason coz alot of people love that show and want to now the big important reason that take from us the thing that we love so much ... becker is funny and nice man in his way and the ironic thing is that he is a doctor that mean that he suppose to be more relax and nice to people and look out to his health...that why we love becker for all what i mention's and more
  • A hilarious sitcom that cracks me up

Dr. John Becker is a Harvard Medical Graduate. He owns a small practice in the Bronx, NY where he treats patients and goes to a local diner around the corner despite the awful food. So this might seem like a funny, feel-good sitcom. WRONG!
    Becker is a Harvard med graduate and a doctor but he's a miserable human being and has been divorced twice. Every morning he goes to the diner around the corner from his practice and complains about anything that bothers him: current events, the city's way of living, and just anything that ticks him off. Always listening to his rants are the diner's owner, Reggie, a former model who is back in school and Jake, a blind man who runs a newstand in side the diner.
    But it doesn't end there. Also listening to his bickerings are the people who work for him. Maragret, a married nurse who's outspoken and headstrong and Linda, a nonexperienced assisting nurse who goofs off at work and talks on and on about her many dates with odd guys.
    Also who later join in Becker's rants are Chris, a divorcee who Becker likes, Bob, an annoying divorced swindler who likes Reggie and becomes Becker's superintendent, and Hector, an unemployed guy who rekindles his lost friendship with Jake.
    However, deep inside Becker's good. He just hides it well.
    Becker is a hilarious sitcom. It constantly cracks me up with off the wall laughter. In some ways I think Becker's personality gave way to Dr. Greory House's personality (hit drama 'House') because they are both mean and miserable people, but deep down have good in them...somewhere.
  • Yeah...

I used to watch Becker every week, without knowing how really good the show was. Except last season, after Reggie left the show. Chris was weird and didn't add anything to the show. Ted Danson is great and did John better than any other actor could do. He'd deserve a new shot.
  • Before there was House...

I never watched Becker when it originally aired. I started watching it in re runs and found it amusing.

Becker is a doctor who doesn't have the best bed side manners.
    He is rude, he smokes, and he complains a lot.

The supporting cast is funny too. The ditz at the front desk, the blind newspaper stand man, and the store owner are all great.
  • I guess I just don\'t get it.

1.1
    Every time i see an episode of this horrible show, it just gets worse and worse. I have honestly and earnestly tried to like this show, and its characterss, but for some reason, I just don\'t. the characters are all dry and and I\'m sorry, but it\'s just a terrible show.
  • i don't watch much TV but when i do this is one of the shows i like most.`

Ted Danson is great in this role. everyone can relate to at least one charactor on the show. their exploits are always hillarious. with either Becker yelling about something, to Margaret getting on the Linda. and throw Jake,Reggie and Bob into the mix and you have a laugh filled episode. you have to love how Bob talks about himself in the third person, or how Linda works too hard to get out of work, and you have to feel sorry for Margaret having to put up with them and her never seen husband.i can't say i have a favorite episode since i like them all. it's just too bad it was took off the air, but remains a classic through reruns.
  • Ted Danson in easily his best role since Cheers. Ted plays John Becker, a grumpy, eccentric but ultimately kind hearted and humanitarian doctor in the Bronx (or is it Brooklyn, does it matter?) Some mad characters and it could easily have been hacknied

One of the best lines I remember was the mother of a child dying with cancer telling Becker, "You just may go to Heaven whether you like it or not." and Becker's reply, "Thanks. It's the first time someone suggested I go in that direction."
    Brings a tear to my eye still.

When I see Ted Danson now I don't think Sam Malone I think Becker first. Not many actors that played a character for as long as he did in Cheers can escape the type-cast. Let's bring this back and not see any more of the torid tripe that was 'Ink'. Ted Danson has proven that he is a class actor'; Anyone that hasn't seen an episode of Becker should make it their duty to dip in whenever they see it listed. If you look hard enough you can also find Kelsey Grammer. I'll leave you with one last piece of dialogue:

Dr. John Becker: I never told you to shut up.
    Mr. Humphries: You hung up on me once.
    Dr. John Becker: So I didn't have to tell you to shut up.
  • General comment about the show and it's amusing premise.

I like Becker, I am enjoying the reruns on TBS.
    I would like to point out that Becker was the grouchy doctor before House was the grouchy doctor.
    I love the show House so don't get me wrong.
    It's interesting though, everyone has forgotten
    that Becker was there first.
    He was grouchy just for the sake of being grouchy.
    He did not have all of the angst that House does.

Both great shows, great actors different catergories.
    Comedy , Drama

• The most wacky sitcom I've seen in a long time. I can't find the supstitute for it, now that is gone.

Show about a doctor who says everything that we think, but don't say. He is cranky, he smokes, he lashes at people, but you still love him. Now that is gone, I can't find a decent comedy to watch, because I compare it all to Becker, and they don't come even close. Please, make something wacky NOW!!!
  • Very original idea. Was fun to watch a show that didn't always take place in the same setting.

I really enjoyed watching Ted Danson play John Becker. I thought he did a great job and he is a superb actor. Shawnee Smith was one of my favorites. She played her role so well, that I had to remember her from movies like Armageddon and Leaving Las vegas to remind myself she is not really a "Linda."
  • Great show!

7.8
    I never knew about this show when it was orginally on tv, and only got turned on to it during its sydication....and I have not regretted the day that I discovered Becker.

The show is centered around a very angry man who happens to run a local clinic in a small New York communtiy and with the help of his friends the comedy begins.

My favorite character is Linda...she plays a brain dead ninny with perfection.

Overall, a brilliant show that I can't wait to get the dvds of.
  • A mad new york dr.

That is classic sitcom stuff. Becker was and still the best sitcom out there. Ted Danson was a good pick for dr. John Becker. I think this would not have been as good with out him as the lead man. And Jake, Bob, and linda where funny too. I hope this comes out on dvd.
  • Becker's life, I could relate to.

Becker is a funny show. I watch it every week on PBS or TBS, I forgot which one. It's about Dr. John Becker and his complains about everything. John has friends that care about him even though John doesn't care about them at all. The gang is good in making the viewers laugh with their antics and misery. It's a weekly obligation for me.
  • great show

Ya i like this show alot. becker always picks on that blind guy though wats up with that? Alot of the episodes seem similair but it doesn't matter thats how great the show is. Ted Danson is hilarious in this show, almost as funny as he was on Cheers. Such a great show.

EROK
  • It's like Dr. House without the supreme intelligence, and accross the river.

Although I always thought Ted Danson played, Narcissistic, Dumbass, Sexaholics. I.E. (anything in the 1980's) I truly believe he found his niche with Becker. Dr. Becker is the opposite of Sam Malone. Becker is my Idol. He is too smart for his own good, yet he lacks the emotional intelligence to come out way ahead of everyone else. Unlike Dr. House, Becker actually has a soft spot for certain things and people, which is usually his downfall. Like Al Bundy, Beckers wins are few and far between. But he is mostly right about everything. He tells it lkike it is and I love him for it.
  • ddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds ds

ddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds dsddsffsdf dsf a ds ds ds
  • This show needs a couple of glances.

When I first got into watching Becker, I despised the show. I could never understand how a comedy could be made about a doctor who hates everybody and everything about his life. However, I got back into it recently with it being in late-night syndication and on TBS, and I realized that my original opinions on it were misleading. The show has turned me into a fan- it's funny, smart, and one of the better shows of recent years. It's a shame that CBS didn't have enough faith in it to keep it in its Monday night, post-Raymond timeslot for its entire run (you tell me who watches comedies on Sunday night that aren't on Fox), but nonetheless. 5 seasons was too short. This could have at least gone on for 2 more years.
  • One of the best shows in years.

Should still be on TV. Ted Danson is one of the best actors working today. The girl who played Reggie was a fox. Linda was hot also. Bob grew on me as the shows went along. the fat guy at the end was terrible.Chris has been bashed but she was hot too.
  • another great show taken off why why ?????

Becker was a really funny show.why do they take all the good ones off. the dry humor was great loved it. Enjoy watching the reruns on t.b.s.waitinbg for it to come out on dvd so i can watch it anytime i like. i would just laugh and laugh. though the whole show. it was one of the best comedys on.
  • BECKER SHOULD BE PUT OUT ON DVD!!

Becker is my personal favorite show..i watch all the reruns that have been air on tv lately..but what I don't understand is if they put Cheers out on DVD why can't they put Becker? I work as a sales person at a Media store and I have lost count on how many people have been asking for this program. I know one thing for sure..it will sell out so fast..Many people love that show including myself..I beleive they should BRING IT BACK!!!!
  • One of my favorite shows.

The show was absolutely hilarious. I like the way that most of the time Becker is cruel yet hilarious, yet when he needs to be he can be some what compationate. Though it doesn't last long! I especially love the way that they'll have the other characters just sittin at the diner and talking about something and Becker will come through the door yelling or complaining about something.
  • More...

Becker was one of the shows that aired more recently that is actually worth watching. I watched it all the time. I hope it comes back soon.

The Secretaries and nurses always got on each others nerves. And it starts off with Dr. Becker complaining about something. He is probably one of the most well-known doctors on TV. Then there's the people at the restaurant. They were okay, but Bob was very annoying.

There was one episode where they go on a diet and it didn't work so he got mad and said "What do you want to look like anyways? Do you want to look like this?!" He was talking about a skeleton.

Sometimes the show seems sad, but a show like this needs to air more.
  • Becker was one of the best shows on primetime tv, and unfortunately was cancelled. The first recurring cast members were perfect, and I think after the second or third casting change, the show took a dive.

The show is based on the day-to-day life of a doctor with a private practice in New York. While most of us do not share the same job, many of us share the same kind of hurtles that Becker faced. Many could relate to dealing with nagging clients (patients for Becker), or a dim-witted secretary (Linda), or just simply struggling to fight our addiction to a particular vice (cigarettes for John). This is what made the show so great. Between Becker's sarcasm, Margret's snappy comebacks, or just Bob's annoying personality, we find a comedy that all of us can relate to. I wish the original cast would get together and bring the show back on the air, but for now, we will just have to watch the re-runs! The least someone could do is come out with the show on DVD!!!!
  • Great sitcom, unfortunately the final season was dreadful

7.9
    Becker was a great show when in it's prime, however the final series of the show was appalling.

The impact of the departure of the characters Reggie and Bob was so severe on the show that it never looked like recovering once they had left.

The addition of Nancy Travis as the character of Chris did have some good moments in the series but once Reggie left and she became the new female lead character, it just wasn't the same.

The character of Hector who joined the show in its final series was dreadful and no replacement for the quick wit of Bob

Overall a great show, but when watching the re-runs avoid the final season at all costs
  • Becker was fantastic!

The show Becker is so funny, I love Lindas stupidity, Margrats smartism and sarcasim, Beckers attitude, Jakes loseness and humor, Bobs stupidity and street smarts. I love all the characters!

This show is paced on a doctor, Becker, who hates people and life, along with his so called friends he comes to hilariousidy!

This show is great, I'm sad that it ended but I can always watch reruns!
  • Here's a show that should have been a classic, but somehow flew under the "Classic TV Radar"

A show that never truly got it's dues.

Ted Danson in a non Sam Malone role is wonderful! He really made this show what it was. Too bad that it never got the big exposure like some of the other CBS sitcoms got. This was one show that went off the air too soon. I would have enjoyed to see this show run for at least 8 years or so.

At least, now I can get a daily dosage of Becker on reruns. This is one of the shows that should stay on the air in reruns forever!
  • I didn't know this show existed till very recently. I got hooked on a couple of episodes and told myself this show was great.

Ted Danson is awesome as John Becker the always angry doctor for a New York Hospital. The characters include Reggie a coffee shop owner, Jake the blind guy, and the Bob the guy with the irritating voice. Ted Danson's character is so hillarious because he is always angry at the world. Yet at the same time he isn't so angry that he isn't irritating or unlikeable. His character is hysterical and Becker is always so angry at the world. This show was great. It would be great if this show was still going on because's it's very funny. I mean I hate most of the the new sitcoms out there, I didn't most of the sitcoms from in the year's 2000+. I didn't like Friends, I liked Frasier, I didn't like Yes Dear that much, I thought Everybody Loves Raymond depends on idiotic humor and isn't that original. However I did like Becker. Very underrated as a sitcom. If you like Ted Danson in Cheers you should definetly enjoy this sitcom. Very well done. Very underated.
  • Great show!

This show was great! i mean you rarely find a show where the main character is as mean and hated by friends as becker...but its nice to finally see a character you can relate to. I have actually been influenced by his character... shows great, i wish it would come back..it's definately better than many surviving shows out there!
    im currently searching for the DVDs of this show..any help?
  • This show is wonderful. Anybody who is a cynic on the inside would love this, but you have to be able to laugh at quasi-mean things.

You can think of this show like a precursor to House, since neither doctors have a great bedside manner. This show, as opposed to the one I previously mentioned, is not about the doctor's office it is about Dr. John Becker and his interactions with his patients, employees, friends, and random people on the street. The show is about an unhappy, unkind doctor whos actions are incongruent with his words. Though he may sound mean and cynical he really is a good person and understands his patients needs and has given into a softer side at times. Overall the cynical nature of the show along with some of the solid storylines makes it a pleasure to watch.
1 2 3