Becker

CBS (ended 2004)

Becker Fan Reviews (77)

• Smart Comedy!

I just started watching this show just a year ago, and I simply love it. My wife gave me the DVD Collection of this show as a birthday gift which she purchased at MemorylaneDVD .com and since then I got hooked with this show. I didn't knew this kind of show ever existed! Ted Danson is magnificent as the main character, and I think he is refreshingly hilarious and talented actor. Shawnee Smith also makes a awesome idealist in portraying the character Linda. BECKER would be simply described as keen humor, smart and idealistic lessons in life which are very realistic and, perfect storylines, need I say more?!
  • One of TV's best ever. I still watch daily on WGN and Universal HD. I am in search of aDVD set!

The scripts wrer incredible, considering only three regular sets. Reminds of another Danson was in. You get to know the entite cast, personally. I trully believe this will be one of those to always on TV somewhere each and everyday. It seemed to so real. All of the characters certainly had their own personality. And just when you thought you had seen it all, here comes Chris.This happens to one of TV shows that I never watched during it's regular broadcasts. I only became addicted to it after syndication. Maybe because of fans like me is one of the true reasons that we lost it far to early. Come Ted Danson, I know that you have a couple more left!
  • Becker is a classical favorite of mine and I feel was ahead of it's time.

For the late 90's Becker was ahead of its time in it's comedy style. It more suits the new generation. I feel that Becker should of never been dropped and it was far superior to Everybody Loves Raymond in it's wit and comedy. It's sophisticated and blunt comedy combines wit and anger in Beckers amazing rants that the show is so accustomed to. Along with the great supporting characters, Jake Malinak being my favorite, the show brought the characters to life because they all had flaws that they must overcome. Something that is very rarely seen in a sitcom of our generation.
  • This was an amazing series. I thought Becker was the only character on Tv who was more honest to people around him than he was to himself. This was just a stroke of Genius!

This was an amazing series. I thought Becker was the only character on TV who was more honest to people around him than he was to himself. This was just a stroke of Genius! There was something about Becker that everyone was able to connect to. He was obnoxious, he was unbearable and yet, he was lovable. I cannot say that this series was even although, it lost a bit of steam towards the end but then, the writers towards the later season were not sure of they wanted Becker to reform or not. They could not reform him without losing the charm of the series and they could not let him be, because things were getting stale. They tried new characters but not the most easy job to pit any actor against the genius of Ted Dansen. I sorely miss the series but I know it is a large part of me now. I was able to live my frustrations and my insecurities with John and it made my life more bearable at times.
  • In my opinion, the best ever television comedy that is a real-life, down to Earth series that each of us can relate to.

This is one of the great television shows I have ever watched. The storylines were wonderful and the characters always made the show interesting. John Becker is the voice in each of us that we have to keep inside because it's not socially acceptable. Becker says what each of us think but can't or just don't have the guts to say. Ted Danson is a wonderful actor and his role as Dr. John Becker is his best yet. The only fault with the series is that it was taken off of the air way to soon. Thank God for reruns!
  • This show is amazing! It is very cool! Quite amusing indeed! HOW could anyone dislike this?!

This show is very good. My favorite character is easily Jake tied with Bob. Bob is very good. I really like the episode where Jake dates the white blind woman. The result between Becker and Chris when Reggie leaves is also pretty good. The one where Becker recieves the ashes of his patient was very good as well. I really liked the one with Linda's friend, Linda. Becker's super comes VERY close to being my favorite character. He would be if Bob and Jake were not my favorites. It is very hilarious when everyone, even the super, tries to convince Becker to take Reggie to the fundraiser, or whatever it was. Still can't remember.
  • I love it

This is one of my top 10 shows I use to stay up till 11pm to watch this show every friday but then they cancled it and I miss it sooooo much. Sure the last season wasn't so great but so what this show was the funniest medical show even better than House. When people say that becker started to go downhill after Reggi left I disagree because Chris was good for becker she was nice and optimistic while becker was pessimistic and angry she completed him and made him show his other side besides angry heart less mean becker. jk
  • I loved this show

This is one of my top 10 shows I use to stay up till 11pm to watch this show every friday but then they cancled it and I miss it sooooo much. Sure the last season wasn't so great but so what this show was the funniest medical show even better than House. When people say that becker started to go down hill after Reggi left I disagree because Chris was good for becker she was nice and optimistic while becker was pessimistic and angry she completed him and made him show his other side besides angry heart less becker.
  • Becker is the kinda guy i want to be he tells it like it is.

Becker is a crotchtey old guy living in the bronx. he goes to his favorite diner every morning and rants about the news and such. He's also a doctor who has a small practice with his long time nurse Margret and the ditzy, But HOT assistant Linda he's just trying to live his life and tell it like it is. I like Becker He is the kinda guy i wanna be a guy who tells it like it like the corrupt post office or the goverment. He's funny as hell too, but inside his hard outshell he has a heart of gold. The comedy on this show is real and not fake everything becker says is funny weaether it's the IRA or just some old lady beating him up he"s Becker and thats why this show is funny.
  • Finally! Someone I can relate to!

I absolutely love this show. I can completely relate to Dr. Becker. We pretty much agree on everything! This show has hilarious, diverse characters and good plot lines. I watch it every day. It is one of the very few shows that I can actually stand to watch re-runs of. This is one of those shows that you'll probably like if you're not really that much of a people person, but to my fellow anti-socials, this show is great and you will understand and enjoy it entirely. Yeah, okay, I'm finished... but there's a 100 word minimum. Two Words. Bam!
  • A really funny show

• Becker rocks!!!

I wish they would bring Becker back. The show is so hilarious! Bob just cracks me up. I am a big fan of Ted Danson's and he played John Becker so great. I enjoy watching reruns of it on TV, and I hope they release the seasons out on DVD. I would definitely buy it. The whole cast plays their parts so great. I love watching Becker. It always makes me laugh and I wish the show had lasted longer than it did. My favourite character is John Becker. My favourite parts of the show were when Becker goes on about one thing, it's so funny!!! This show was a fantastic and funny comedy sitcom.
  • Becker is classic comedy that can't die ever so for that i'm so sad coz the show ended and surprise .. i love becker and the show in my opinion could take good 3 more season's because it very funny and the cast is wonderful

i'm so surprise to see that becker is ended so what the reason for that and why !! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is it becase the viewers or the story line or what the reason coz alot of people love that show and want to now the big important reason that take from us the thing that we love so much ... becker is funny and nice man in his way and the ironic thing is that he is a doctor that mean that he suppose to be more relax and nice to people and look out to his health...that why we love becker for all what i mention's and more
  • Yeah...

I used to watch Becker every week, without knowing how really good the show was. Except last season, after Reggie left the show. Chris was weird and didn't add anything to the show. Ted Danson is great and did John better than any other actor could do. He'd deserve a new shot.
  • The most wacky sitcom I've seen in a long time. I can't find the supstitute for it, now that is gone.

Show about a doctor who says everything that we think, but don't say. He is cranky, he smokes, he lashes at people, but you still love him. Now that is gone, I can't find a decent comedy to watch, because I compare it all to Becker, and they don't come even close. Please, make something wacky NOW!!!
  • A mad new york dr.

That is classic sitcom stuff. Becker was and still the best sitcom out there. Ted Danson was a good pick for dr. John Becker. I think this would not have been as good with out him as the lead man. And Jake, Bob, and linda where funny too. I hope this comes out on dvd.
  • Becker's life, I could relate to.

Becker is a funny show. I watch it every week on PBS or TBS, I forgot which one. It's about Dr. John Becker and his complains about everything. John has friends that care about him even though John doesn't care about them at all. The gang is good in making the viewers laugh with their antics and misery. It's a weekly obligation for me.
  • It's like Dr. House without the supreme intelligence, and accross the river.

Although I always thought Ted Danson played, Narcissistic, Dumbass, Sexaholics. I.E. (anything in the 1980's) I truly believe he found his niche with Becker. Dr. Becker is the opposite of Sam Malone. Becker is my Idol. He is too smart for his own good, yet he lacks the emotional intelligence to come out way ahead of everyone else. Unlike Dr. House, Becker actually has a soft spot for certain things and people, which is usually his downfall. Like Al Bundy, Beckers wins are few and far between. But he is mostly right about everything. He tells it lkike it is and I love him for it.
  • One of the best shows in years.

Should still be on TV. Ted Danson is one of the best actors working today. The girl who played Reggie was a fox. Linda was hot also. Bob grew on me as the shows went along. the fat guy at the end was terrible.Chris has been bashed but she was hot too.
  • another great show taken off why why ?????

Becker was a really funny show.why do they take all the good ones off. the dry humor was great loved it. Enjoy watching the reruns on t.b.s.waitinbg for it to come out on dvd so i can watch it anytime i like. i would just laugh and laugh. though the whole show. it was one of the best comedys on.
  • BECKER SHOULD BE PUT OUT ON DVD!!

Becker is my personal favorite show..i watch all the reruns that have been air on tv lately..but what I don't understand is if they put Cheers out on DVD why can't they put Becker? I work as a sales person at a Media store and I have lost count on how many people have been asking for this program. I know one thing for sure..it will sell out so fast..Many people love that show including myself..I beleive they should BRING IT BACK!!!!
  • More...

Becker was one of the shows that aired more recently that is actually worth watching. I watched it all the time. I hope it comes back soon.

The Secretaries and nurses always got on each others nerves. And it starts off with Dr. Becker complaining about something. He is probably one of the most well-known doctors on TV. Then there's the people at the restaurant. They were okay, but Bob was very annoying.

There was one episode where they go on a diet and it didn't work so he got mad and said "What do you want to look like anyways? Do you want to look like this?!" He was talking about a skeleton.

Sometimes the show seems sad, but a show like this needs to air more.
  • I didn't know this show existed till very recently. I got hooked on a couple of episodes and told myself this show was great.

Ted Danson is awesome as John Becker the always angry doctor for a New York Hospital. The characters include Reggie a coffee shop owner, Jake the blind guy, and the Bob the guy with the irritating voice. Ted Danson's character is so hillarious because he is always angry at the world. Yet at the same time he isn't so angry that he isn't irritating or unlikeable. His character is hysterical and Becker is always so angry at the world. This show was great. It would be great if this show was still going on because's it's very funny. I mean I hate most of the the new sitcoms out there, I didn't most of the sitcoms from in the year's 2000+. I didn't like Friends, I liked Frasier, I didn't like Yes Dear that much, I thought Everybody Loves Raymond depends on idiotic humor and isn't that original. However I did like Becker. Very underrated as a sitcom. If you like Ted Danson in Cheers you should definetly enjoy this sitcom. Very well done. Very underated.
  • Best show I've ever seen!

They NEED to bring it back. They also need to put the episodes on DVD. I'd totally buy it the day it came out! I look forward to watching it every day. The show never fails to make me laugh and brighten up my day. John Becker is the man! Always telling it like it is.
  • Becker is a great sitcom about a doctor living in New York. He has a very unlikable personality and he speaked his mind about everything. He always complains about the world and the cops. Great show. It should be brought back!!!

This is a show about a Doctor that graduated from Harvard University and is opened his own office in New York and is trying to live. He is a very outspoken person and will blabber his mouth on about any ol' thing. And he has many friends that can't stand him but still deal with him anyway. He has his friend Reggie (later replaced by Chris) who owns a diner down the street, his best friend, Jake, who works the news stand in the diner, his super, Bob, who is easy to make fun of, his nurse, Marget, who is also outspoken, and his very odd worker, Linda, who has a new boyfriend about everyweek and always has blond moments. This is a great show and should not have been cancelled!!!!!
  • Becker is my current obsession in TV shows. I love him.

I love this show. I have it set up to record all the episodes. It's the only show that I watch every episode of and can\'t miss. The earlier seasons with Reggie are the best. She was awesome. Chris is cool though. It took a while, but she grew on me.
  • Becker is one of the greatest comedies of all time. The writing is classic, the cast is perfect and Dr. Becker's personality is one of the funniest things to see on tv. "Becker" is about a doctor who hates life and always has a smart comment to make to an

Becker is one of the greatest comedies of all time. The writing is classic, the cast is perfect and Dr. Becker's personality is one of the funniest things to see on tv. "Becker" is about a doctor who hates life and always has a smart comment to make to anyone. It doesn't matter who it is, Becker will say what's on his mind no matter how harsh it is. The show is pure greatness.
  • This show is so far ahead of other comedy's it isnt funny

Every character had a personal likeable effect on me and the writing was awesome, this show has so much potential, it should be brought back.
    Bob is too funny at times and as ditzy as Linda is, the potential to extract more good comedy out of her and the rest of the cast is huge.
    Hector fit in perfect, as did anyone really.
    Jacqueline Smith's roles were all great too.
    Id love to write for this show.
    Imagine throwing a character like Luigi from The Gotti show on A & E into the mix ?
    Great GREAT GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Becker was a fantastic show

Becker was and still is one of my favorite shows. They should def. bring this one back onto a better network like Fox where it will get a lot more views since this was such a funny show. Becker was a very funny character with how he was always complaining about something like someone taking his parking place. Another great character was Linda who knew pretty much nothing of her job and was always messing up. This has to have been one of the greatest shows ever and should def. be brought back.
  • Becker was a wonderful show.

This show was funny. To watch becker go off on things that bothered him was a great thing to see. This show should not have been canceled. It needed to stay where it was on Monday nights. It got shuffled around and lost its audience. I miss this show and would love to see it come back or at least come to dvd. It just had a great cast of people that made it funny and fun to watch. Ted Danson made this show. He is great at sitcoms and should keep doing them. I liked him better as Becker than Sam on Cheers.
< 1 2 3