Behind Mansion Walls

Monday 10:00 PM on Investigation Discovery Premiered Jun 06, 2011 Between Seasons

Behind Mansion Walls Fan Reviews (1)

7.8
  • Way to rip off Dominick Dunne, guys...

Behind Mansion Walls is a shameless rip off of Dominick Dunne's Power, Privilege and Justice- a show which I much loved. Given that Dunne died relatively recently I think they could have showed him more respect than stealing the concept of his show and then recreating it on another network with no acknowledgment whatsoever.

The content of Behind Mansion Walls is not bad per se - I appreciate that they cover more than one case per episode but... I mean, Christopher Mason! Christopher Mason is cringeworthy and in no way a worthy substitute for Dominick Dunne.

The guy (Mason) chews scenery and his screen presence leaves much to be desired. His commentaries throughout the episode seem to do nothing but interrupt the story being told.

Dunne, on the other hand, was 'True Crime'. He had decades of cred as a hollywood insider. He wrote books about true crime and covered infamous trials like OJ Simpson and Robert Blake. And most importantly (!) his family was even shockingly the victims of injustice when his own daughter was murdered!

Since we can't resurrect Dominick, at least you should bloody call this show what it is, "Power, Privilege and Justice" and get a decent host, ID Discovery! I'm on to you...