Being Bobby Brown

Bravo (ended 2005)

Being Bobby Brown Fan Reviews (38)

6.1
  • R.i.p whitney!

Rest in Peace Whitney Houston greatest singer of all time.. May god bless you and your family i will keep them in my pray's
  • This show should be titled 'Being Whitney Houston.' It is the sordid tale of drug addled singer Houston and her decline into heroin hell. It appears that her loving husband, Bobby, hasn't a damn clue about what the hell is going on.

6.4
    Although an interesting person, no doubt, Bobby Brown is not what this show is about. It IS about his wife, Whitney. As I watched the episodes, I became more interested in what Whitney was doing in the background and her inappropriate behavior - wearing sunglasses in dark rooms, yelling religious slogans at a public restaurant, dancing for no reason one can discern, ambling about in a confused manner, talking gibberish, having an enormous craving for sweets, etc - all signs of a first class doper.

I don't give a flea's dropping about what antics Bobby Brown is up to. Give me more Whitney!

Yes, a sad story all around. Bobby's world is going downhill fast.
  • Spend some time with the craziest people in history.

Bobby Brown and his wife Whitney Houston are musical artists who have sold tens of millions of units around the world. They share a happy marriage that has survived problems which would doom anybody else. They are caring and generous parents.

That said, let's try and figure out what planet they are from.

The two stars let us follow their family on all sorts of travel stops. Walk around screaming in the airport, have a raging fight with the kids in a hotel shop, stare at a tilted angle and sing for no reason, and I don't have to tell you about that trip to Israel, do I? Bobby and Whitney go through so much oddball public behavior, they need their own patent office.

Watching this show is like trying to see what happened to cause the tie-up on the other side of the highway. You just need to know.

As they say, truth is stranger...
  • what a crack head

1.2
    what a coulple of carck heads. who on earth thought anyone would be interested in the life of bobby brown and whitney houston. i watched it once or twice, and wondered why child services did not show up to take their children away. please dear god do not let this show come back in any form
  • The only reality show I love

This has got to be one of the best reality shows on television. Unlike other "reality" shows that plan situations ahead of time and have silly plots, this show is completely the opposite. Bobby Brown shows his human side - how he relates to his wife and children, how he reacts to the many fans that encounter him, how he hates being called "Whitney Houston's husband," and how he's always joking around, contrary to how the media represents him. Bobby seems like a fun guy to be around, and he's always doing something to prove that. In just the first ten episodes, Bobby went camping, went shopping in London, ate at fancy restaurants, played golf, celebrated Father's Day, and proposed a vow renewal to his wife, singer Whitney Houston. All in all, this show represents a cool, down-to-earth singer who just likes to enjoy the little things in life. He's not worried about all the negative attention he gets from the press. The only thing he's interested in doing is Being Bobby Brown.
  • I think I have become dumber for watching this.

5.7
    I don'know why I was watching this. I think I was just being nosy. I love Whitney. Well I did before. I don't know what's wrong with that woman. She is lose. I can't believe how they act. Im like, they married the right person. It's no way I can have a family as dysfuntional as theirs.
    Is it me, or do they look funky. Something about knowing that Bobby helped his wife pop a dunk grosses me out. If you can't do that alone and your an adult, you need to see a doctor, or get a stool softner. Nasty.
  • A camera crew follows Bobby Brown and his wife, Diva Whitney Houston and their family through daily life.

A better title would be "Exploiting Whitney Houston". She is constantly shoving a hand up in front of the camera, and hiding in the corners. Bobby, on the other hand is busy mugging for every camera pointed in his direction. When the autograph seekers are "shooed away" by his wife, he is eagerly awaiting her cast-offs. Pen in hand, he offers up his autograph instead. He usually has to explain who he is, by revealing who he's married to.
    Bobby and Whitney take us long on many an eating binge. They show up in the ritziest of restaurants, and order the entire menu. After their spread arrives, they dig in, licking each others fingers and plates clean. Their dinner conversation turns to the topic of bathroom activities most times, with one of them saying how bad they need to take a poop. It is clear that neither one of these stars is sober these days. Whitneys eyes are merely slits in most scenes, and when they are open, she is angry, and on edge. Bobby just prances her around town, gloating at the lifestyle that she's allowing him. I must admit that I do have a picture of what it is like to "Be Bobby Brown" now, and it sickens me.
  • Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston have really hit rock bottom to do a reality show about their lives. Their lives are so exciting that we needed to see how fabulous they really have it. Going to the recording studio with Bobby Brown was boring. No hit songs

This show was a complete waste of good air time. I know that every one is wanting to cash in on the whole \\\\\\\"reality TV\\\\\\\" banwagon, but somethings need to be left to the imagiation. Now if they were planning to air the \\\\\\\"Browns\\\\\\\" dicussing drug use and calling the dealer for a fix than it might have been worth watching.
  • I don't know what's funnier, the real Bobby Brown and Whitney Houstin, or the parodies I've seen of them.

6.1
    Just like when you're driving along and you see an accident, you know that it aint gonna be pretty, but you just have to look. That's how I feel about this show. Whitney looks like she's a walking zombie most of the time, and as for Bobby...nothing short of lunatic with too much money and too much time on his hands. Hope they didn't count on this show to boost their album sales or revive their careers.
  • I don't really undastand the cocept of the show but it's very funny to see 2 crackheads act the way they do!

At first when i turned this show on i was like " this show is gonna be nothin' but crap" but that totally changed when I start laughing as soon as i saw bobby embarassing whitney and bobbi kristina in th mall and they were mad at him and not speaking to him.
  • HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

It's funny. It's sad. It's pathetic. Any television show starring a former anything is a little depressing. Brown is a former R&B star. Houston-Brown is a former Pop star. They're both starts turned addicts and watching this show is like watching a still birth. Disgusting and fascinating.
  • This is one of the show that I hate to love. Most people think that because you have money that all is good in the world but i guess we can see that it not. I have always be a fan of Mr. Brown and Ms. Huston.

'm not to sure what the reason was for doing a show about Bobby Brown, but it does show you that he is a person who's life is realy no diffrent from any other person regradless to ther star and fame status his life. This show lets you know that you really can't judge a book by it cover you sometime have to read the pages in between the covers to find out what the book is really all about, and unless you read the whole book you willnever understand what the whole story is all about. What i'm mostly trying to say is that by watching the show I got to see a diffrent side to Mr. Brown but at the same time is it his real side or the side that he want the world to see because he is on TV. I want to know what really happens when the light and camras go out and the real action starts.
  • Why did I watch that?

7.7
    Why did I watch that show Being Bobby Brown? I don't know but it is addicting. I can't seem to turn away from that show. I don't know if it's his wife or what but I can't seem to turn the channel when it's on and now I'm even looking on the guide to see when it's on.
  • This show is such a guily pleasure.

Even if you are not a fan of Bobby Brown, you can watch to see what Whitney has been up to, despite the fact that the show is rather old, relatively speaking. Since the show, Whitney has gone back into rehab. The show is so amazing because they are not only much more well off than we thought, but that they have a VERY solid (even romantic) relationship.
  • Somebody save me from this nightmare of a reality show!

Why watch this show? It isn't very good and just shows how crazy Boobby and Whitney have become. Bobby's a crazy nut who is only doing this for the money so he can pay off child support to his ex-girlfriend who has had three kids with him. Whitney looks horrible and has become a wreck. Why watch this show if it only shows how much of a wreck the two have become. Nick and Jessica were so much better than this crud.
  • I like the show, but something about this show turns me off. I guess that thing is Whitney. Read on...

The show is great, but Whitney Houston is crackish. She doesn't seem like the person to approach, even at her concert. Bobby is nothing like what the magazines say about him. They make Whitney the victim when she's causing the whole drug thing. Bobby seems like a regular ol' guy who goes out and party and a good father to his kids. He goes out and talks to his fans while Whitney always has the attitude and doesn't like when fans approach Bobby. Well this review is done and all I have to say is Bobby is great, Whitney is sad.
  • The relationship between Bobby and Whitney has survived scathing criticism by the public, who perceive Whitney as a perfect princess married to the toad that never changed into a prince. Many have blamed Bobby for the Whitney decline. Not so! In actua

Some consider Being Bobby Brown disgusting because of such taboo topics as bodily functions and sex, but I see a relationship in which Houston feeds off Brown energy, vitality, and spontaneity while being repulsed by his immaturity. While the world sees a reckless, irresponsible, self-absorbed lowlife, Whitney sees a creative genius stagnating in the winter of his discontent. In one episode, for example, Brown plans an elegant day for Whitney--plans which are upset when he invites his nieces and nephews to come along. Disgusted, Whitney, nevertheless, appreciates the moment, patiently anticipating the day Bobby will become a man.
  • Better than Nick and Jessica.

I gotta be honest at first, when I heard about Bobby's new show, I thought to myself not another reality show. But my opinion soon changed after watching the show because it's simply one of the best reality shows on Bravo and on air. This show is very funny and should be watched by anyone wanting a good laugh.
  • Why watch average joes act stupid when you can watch celebrities?!

I absolutely love watching this show...It is not a guitly pleasure for me. My family, friends, and myself talk about the show constantly and laugh our asses off. It's a pleasure to actually see celbrities as real people. A lot of the things that Bobby and Whitney do are a lot like how my sister and I behave when we are having a good time. Sure, plenty of people who watch the show may not get it or look as Bobby and Whitney's behavior as "erratic" or "spacey", yet all I see is a fun-loving couple! Plenty of America is shocked to see Whitney be what they would call "ghetto" but what do they expect she is from NEWARK! Personally, I love it and I love to see some celebrities actually keepin' it real after the fame and fortune.
  • An utter Waste of Space

0.7
    What in the world caused Bravo to make this or Allow this on air?
    I like Whitney Housten as much as the next person but Who wants to watch a show by a guy that I only know him for being married to her?

Granted, It can be amusing at times. but he acts like a total moron. I guess people like it and that's why it has been cancelled or canned but c'mon make a show worth watching and Not something that has been done before.
  • Bobby and Whitney take viewers into not only there homes but there individual lives.

How can you resist?? Bobby and Whitney are a good team. Even though they both look high in every episode, its funny and its real . The show isnt scripeted. Thats a good factor in this show. Bobby and Whitney and even the kids are funny cause there always doing somethin. Its entertaining to watch.
  • this show is amazing because bobby brown is one of the great minds of our time, and we can see exactly how he thinks. unfortunately, danger is afoot. read on, true believer!

it's official: bobby brown is the genius that all believed him to be! 'being bobby brown' is a chronicleof the life of the utimate free-spirit and his almost-too-perfect wife, who remains loyal even as her husband faces adversity.

unfortunately, these characters are in danger. look at every episode, and you will see a man in a yellow hat in the background. some sources have revealed this man to be a possible witch, if you believe in that. what will become of the brown/houstons? one truth remains: this man has to be apprehended.

2.5 points off because bobbi christina is a wiccan and that is negative.
  • I like watching the rich and famous poot.

Who can explain why this sort of program works?

I am sure while the story writers in this country writhe on their cheap, shag-carpeted floors in utter frustration and misery, the creators of these "let's-watch-stars-pick-their- wedgies" programs are bathing each other in their ill-earned greenbacks.

Still, I watch.

I watch because you don't get to hear Whitney Houston chat candidly about an impending bowel movement during an installment of Rumpole the Bailey. You never hear Grandpa Brown argue with his kin about who was responsible for inflating their new tent with stale flatulence while watching the Nova special about the blue whale.

I guess I watch because it is there. And it isn't anywhere else.

And I know deep in my heart that the time I spend watching this odiferous crap is lost forever and a little bit more of my brain passes away too.
  • Do you want to watch a burned out star living off his wife's name as he spirals into further destruction?

3.3
    Being Bobby Brown is a tragic tale worthy of reality TV. It is a Hollywood tale. The star was born with talent, blessed with opportunity, cursed by drugs, and lacking common sense. With his days of music behind him, he has embarked on a career in reality TV airing his dirty laundry for all to see and trading on his famous wife's name. Nothing could be more pitiful than a man asking, "Do you know who I am?" Then watching him reply, Whitney Houston's husband. His life at present epitomizes reality television at it's worst. There is no value in a medium that thrives by using people consumed by faults to fuel its flames.

The shame is Bobby Brown is such a talented man going down in flames. If you like watching misery and a man makes a fool of himself and others, this is your couch potato fix. It will not make you feel better, you will not learn anything, it will not stimulate your imagination, but it does reach the lowest common denominator in reality TV.
  • it's offical, Crack is wack! Are they running out of crack money? Why did Whitney okay this? Somebody call rehab quick. What's up with the other two kids Bobby HAS? And, if he can spend all this money on TV why is he behind in his child support payments?

0.6
    it's offical, Crack is wack! Are they running out of crack money? Why did Whitney okay this? Somebody call rehab quick. What's up with the other two kids Bobby HAS? And, if he can spend all this money on TV why is he behind in his child support payments? /
  • No matter what you ingnorant people say the show is great!

This show is pretty funny weather you like Bobby and Whitney or not. Are you guys critics? You knew you didn't even like the couple but you watched the show anyway and made fun of it. Really leave the show alone if you don't like it. No matter what you ingnorant people say the show is great!
  • Cameras follow the life of Bobby Brown and his wife Whitney.

4.7
    This show makes me feel even more disgusted towards bobby brown! I especially feel bad for his children especially his daughter bobbi kristina! I thought maybe the show would help me to see a better side to bobby but nope it just makes me mad even more because of how he destroyed whitney and not just her career but her as a person!
  • This show embarrasses every black person on earth.

1.5
    This show has every sterotype of a black person. As an African American, I am embarrased by Bobby and Whitney. This show is only good to watch if you want to laugh at them. They really are on crack. It's sad more than funny to look at these singers and see hw low they went. In one episode, Bobby tells Bobby Jr. "no stealing" when they go to a camping store, but he buys just about everything in the store. They act so ghetto, it's sad. Just sad.
  • I watch the show because I wanted to see how Whitney was doing. And, I would have to say it is so completely sad to see what she has turned her life into.

0.7
    I watch the show because I wanted to see how Whitney was doing. And, I would have to say it is so completely sad to see what she has turned her life into. She could have been the absolute more memorable performer of all time. But, she threw it all away to become someone who looks, talks, and acts like someone from the gutter. I am just so saddened by the whole thing. And, Bobby Brown is actually someone that I like now. I think that you do see a softer side of him. I just wish that Whitney would have turned her life around. It is such a shame and waste to not only the people, and CHILDREN, who adored her, but also to her own dignity. She was the most talented and beautiful singer I have ever seen. Now, she is completely self-destructing and allowing the entire USA to view it. It is truly unbelievable to me. What a waste of talent...what a waste of life. I pray she makes a full recovery and can one day bless us with her music and talent again.
  • cracked-out-wife-beating-"money-can't-buy-you-class"-stereotypical-hot-ghetto-mess-has-been Bobby Brown opens his mansion doors to the public in this train wreck of a reality series that documents Brown's life as father and husband in the public eye.

0.0
    For those of us who truly believed that reality tv couldn't possibly sink to a lower level of blatant crap- after about 8 million hidden camera hijinks, 6,000 teary elimination ceremonies, hundreds of blended animal-bit smoothies, about three dozen idiot celebrities farting and fighting, and one house full of little people searching for romance- "Being Bobby Brown" shows us that television can actually be much, much worse. As if it wasn't bad enough that idiot, classless criminals like Bobby Brown manage to find their way into our tabloids every day- there are now entire shows dedicated to following their every stumbling step. Also waist deep in Bobby's sea of steaming muck: his wife- the tremendously talented (and tremendously insane) Whitney Houston, their bratty children, and the handful of random family members that pop in and out of every episode. Even if I wasn't totally repulsed by Brown's recount of having to relieve Houston's constipation-- with his fingers, or horrified by the couple's incessant public groping, fighting, and singing, I'd be royally pissed off about Bobby being so oblivious to his perpetuating of the vicious sterotypes that have followed african americans for centuries. Evidently he doesn't mind confirming the racist suspicion that all blacks are loud, ignorant, obnoxious, wild, tactless, shucking and jiving, Uncle Toms. "Being Bobby Brown" is a shame not only to african americans everywhere, but to reality tv itself. CHANGE THE CHANNEL.
< 1 2