Being Erica Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on CBCIn Season

Season 2 Finale

SgtCashmere

[1]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 15

I was pretty unimpressed by the Season 2 finale. First of all, I don't think Erica should have broken up with Ethan. The guy's sweet, good-looking, and treats her like gold. So what if he does not agree with her career decision? He didn't threaten to leave her just because she wants to open her own business. He disagreed with her decision, and I guess she just could not handle that. I think it was a quick, impulsive break-up, and she will regret it later.

Also, it was not much of a cliffhanger. I am not even curious about what was behind the door that she chose. I don't think there was ample anticipation for that scene.

What does everyone else think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CJG81

[2]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 8

Breaking up with Ethan was the right choice because the two of them had no future together. They weren't looking in the same direction - which is a basic thing in a relationship.

After watching the season finale I started searching the Internet for information about a third season. Will there be one? Because this could also have been the show's finale.

I love tho show ans really really hope it will be back for a third season - although I have no idea what it could be about. Erica beeing the therapist herself?

slarkees

[3]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 4

I loved that Erica finally kicked Ethan to the curb, honestly the guy was sooo boring. I will miss Kai so much, he was entertaining, great to look at and was a terrific foil for Erica. I hope they find a way to bring him back. I also regret there was no hook-up between them. Where was Jenny, though? She pouted down to California earlier in the season and that was it? And no mention of Sam? I love this show, but they didn't do so great of a job tying up the supporting character story lines.

Ditto for me on season 3, but then the CBC is pretty famous for only advertising its shows on the eve of the premiere.

SgtCashmere

[4]Dec 9, 2009

I think the mistake in the character of Ethan was giving him to Erica so early in the series. He was a great love interest because he was not available. It was kind of unfortunate that Erica was so happy by the end of Season 1 because there was nowhere to go but down... I feel that's the true reason why she and Ethan broke up. It was a way to give her some new drama.

My longest lasting relationship had us both with really different goals, personalities, and directions in life. There have definitely been difficulties because of our differences, but we never gave up because of them. I guess because of my life experience, I think Erica was being way too sensitive *shrug*

davijoboy

[5]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 2

Yeah Erica and Ethan really weren't right for each other..he was WAY too safe.

Also is anyone else under the impression that Erica will become a psychiritist now and the door leads to her new office? I also think thefact that the door Doctor Tom went through originally looks like the ACTUAL door to his office. (Its in the same style as the rest of it).

Jon_MW_14

[6]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 39

I thought the finale was amazing. I'm glad that Erica broke up with Ethan. And I like the ending.

davijoboy wrote:

Yeah Erica and Ethan really weren't right for each other..he was WAY too safe.

Also is anyone else under the impression that Erica will become a psychiritist now and the door leads to her new office? I also think thefact that the door Doctor Tom went through originally looks like the ACTUAL door to his office. (Its in the same style as the rest of it).

I was thinking the same thing. I think she will become a psychiatrist and that door lead to her office.
    Edited on 12/09/2009 4:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Audiovore

[7]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 5
    I think Erica becoming the psych would be a mistake. It would be an entirely different show, and wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't focus on Erica anymore. And if that were to happen I don't think it would be for another season.

SgtCashmere

[8]Dec 11, 2009

One think I do wish we could have seen in the Season 2 finale is some ANSWERS. Why the hell is Erica in therapy? Where is Dr. Tom's daughter, and is he kind of undead?

Erica becoming a therapist seems like the endgame of the series, in my mind. I am glad that we at least saw Kai's storyline this season, so we know that she's not the only therapy patient. Will we see yet another patient next season?

Moyo23

[9]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 2
    I love how this season ended and look forward to season 3 (fingers crossed). I would like to see them bring back Kai I think he and Erica are good together and would enjoy seeing them open this business which I hope ultimately is a success. But the road to success is never easy, many a therapy sessions to be had.

I really like that song 'Alien like' me does anyone know if there is a soundtrack to the show.

NYJOEY

[10]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 4

Yes, there is a soundtrack available, it is of season 1 and is actually pretty good.

N.Y.JOEY

MichaelLuff0

[11]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 5
    SgtCashmere wrote:

I was pretty unimpressed by the Season 2 finale. First of all, I don't think Erica should have broken up with Ethan. The guy's sweet, good-looking, and treats her like gold. So what if he does not agree with her career decision? He didn't threaten to leave her just because she wants to open her own business. He disagreed with her decision, and I guess she just could not handle that. I think it was a quick, impulsive break-up, and she will regret it later.

Also, it was not much of a cliffhanger. I am not even curious about what was behind the door that she chose. I don't think there was ample anticipation for that scene.

Ethan was an ideate who for some reason didn't want to have hot steamy sex with Erica. I mean come on, if she did all that dressing up for you, would you just say, "I don't really like that", Prat! She was right to look for a more fun man elsewhere.
    Is there going to be a 3rd series, I think there has to be. That can't be it. There's to many questions unanswered. When is the 3rd series going to be around?!?!?!?!?

elilab

[12]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    I think I saw a confirmed third season on Erica's Facebook page!!

I loved the finale, it's tied up enough for us to ''live our lives'' until next season and still leaves room for many different futures!!

Btw, therapy is all about getting to know yourself, and if you realize your relationship is going nowhere, there's no reason to stick to it, it'll only tie you down.

That's my 2 cents!

LAWelk

[13]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 10

I believe that she had to break up with Ethan, because he didn't understand the fire inside her. I think that was the point of having her go back to college to that professor who drove her so hard. Plus, she also was reunited with Cassidy, the lesbian from season one. Cassidy gave her feelings of being alive, and even though they weren't romantically involved, Cassidy fueled Erica's passions in a way Ethan couldn't. I am not implying Erica is gay I am however suggesting that she needs someone who will support her passions, and unfortunately, that person just wasn't Ethan. I loved Ethan, but, I could see how Erica had to break it off with him; I agree it is heartbreaking, but I found it incredibly realistic. We are with people/partners at certain points in our lives, and Erica's time with Ethan is over.

I don't believe she will reconnect with Kai, but it may be with someone like Kai. I love the fact that the show isn't predicable. It is adventurous and takes real risks in writing. I love this program and am hoping for season three. This is by far one of my absolute FAVORITE shows. Brilliantly written, brilliantly acted...just brilliant! I love Erica!!!

phoenix_1986

[14]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 9
    SgtCashmere wrote:

You really are misssing the point. He couldn't support her in her decision. He is not married to her, she was not messing him up financially, He didn't have to understand why she needed it but he had to recognize the fact that this was something she really wanted to do maybe even needed to do. How would you like it if the person you were in a relationship with could not accept that you needed to chase after a dream? How long could you make it work with them acting like you weren't acting rational about your choice in chasing after that dream.... If she stayed with him there would have been a nasty. As much as I liked their relationship at the start there are certain things that are wrong in a relationship that just can't be fixed.... the differences between them wouldn;t have been able to be overcome. he was safe and set in his ways and he has become an adventurer looking for new challenges and she would have been the one settling for less.... THAT is the point... and she is learning not to settle...

why settle for an employer who will treat you like dirt when you could become your own...

why settle for a boyfriend who if he can't understand why you need something, he can't even accept that you're doing it.

I am curious about what is behind the door.

I hope she becomes a therapist too.

I wish we had some updates on Kye I am gonna miss his character

peliassos

[15]Feb 7, 2010
    I was really hoping that the door at the finale would lead to another time, maybe meet Kai again, but I must admit the door being therapy related is a higher possibility.. I just really hope there will be a season 3 (and more), but I cannot get a positive confirmation of that anywhere... It's probably too early to tell, but still..

neokid0298

[17]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 8
    I think the door is the way to the next stage of Erica's therapy - whatever that may be.

HappyGirl818

[18]Apr 19, 2010

In the U.S the finale just aired a few weeks ago. I thought it was pretty good for the most part, though now that I've read the other posts I agree that they didn't really tie up any of the loose ends with the supporting characters.

I had really grown to love Kai, and it depressed me so much when he had to go back to his time. He was a great addition to the show this season and if there's a season three it would be great if he could be brought back, but I'm not sure if that would happen.

The Erica/Ethan break up was inevitable. I had a feeling they were heading for Splitville for a while. It was sad that they broke up, especially considering how much I liked them together last season. I agree with what another poster said about them getting together too early. Maybe it would have worked out differently if the writers had made us wait a bit.

I also agree that the door leads to Erica's office. I've thought all season that the next part of her therapy would be her being a therapist herself, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

femmelondon

[19]May 3, 2010
    • level: 1

I reckon Being Erica should be focused on Erica's life--her family, friends, boyfriend or lovelife, and career.... (the essenceof Being Erica).If she becomes a therapist in season 3, i reckon is not a good idea. Having a therapy treatment doesn't mean you become one eventually. If she becomes one then the show will be focused on other's lives not Erica's.

Breaking up with Ethan in season 2 finale istwo thumbs up for me! Erica should not settle for something average or less. Why had a therapy if you don't want to progress?? Being an average person does not mean having an average goal or dream. Ethan is the type of person who settles for the average, safe, and neutral. He doesn't want complications. He's only after his happines....well he said he has a career, good friends, and Erica. But how about Erica? She has evolved into someone who has apassion to achieve her goals. To better her life by taking risks. While Ethan?? He's nice & kind but he'ssuch a boring guy! He is a perfect bestfriend for Erica but not as boyfriend.

I hope season 3 will be much more exciting. Cassidy is a great support in Erica's past...when she was in the Univeristy. I hope she appears more often.

More of Being Erica please......

PowerSurgeX

[20]May 28, 2010
    • level: 6

I think when she goes through the door she wakes up in the future (Kai's time) and her therapy is over just like Kai's. And the doctors are just AI programs in that virtual reality simulations.