A Being Human Community
Syfy (ended 2014)
After hearing the news that Being Human will come to an end this season I started thinking about what I'd like to see happen. Hopefully the writers knew in advance of the shows coming end, and were able to write an ending that will give us closure, and leave us feeling good about the ride we've taken with these characters. This post is purely for discussion purposes, and everything below is My Opinion Only.

Spoilers will follow

Aiden
It seems clear all Aiden really wants is a normal life, just like everyone, but Aiden believes he needs some sort of anchor to keep him human. First it was Josh, and the house, and it later evolved to include Sally, and Nora also. Does Aiden need an anchor though? Will he return to his serial killing ways without one? I don't believe so and here's why. When we first meet Aiden he was a loner, and for the most part he was doing well. It was only after his slip up, killing someone, that Aiden decided he needed help, and someone to ground him. Everyone is imperfect, and everyone makes mistakes, I know killing someone is a pretty huge one though, but that's the point of life, to live and learn. Aiden's immortality really makes the idea of a mortal anchor a bad idea. Instead of fighting, and resisting his urges he's relying on someone who could die and will grow old and die. Aiden needs become his own champion, and stop believing he's too weak to do it alone.

Aiden & Sally?
Should they, or shouldn't they? After seeing Rewind, Rewind I'm incline to hope they do become/continue as a couple. What are your thoughts?

Josh
Josh is the character I connect with most, he's unsure of himself, he has a lot of anxiety, and he feels responsible for things he has no control over. Josh has always been at war with his wolf, and it's caused him so many problems. Even after curing himself he continued to fear the possibility of going back. My hope is Josh can come to terms with being a werewolf, and somehow connect with the wolf in a meaningful way to ease the tension between them.

Josh & Nora?
Their connection to each other in the crazy world they live in has always been truly deep. I know it's cheesy, but in my opinion they complete each other. Should they reconcile, or stay apart?

Sally
Sally's always been the most human of the three, and even the most protective of the bunch. It's sad, but Sally did more growing dead than she did alive. She learned how to stand up for herself, and she became a stronger person/ghost over the years she spent with Josh, and Aiden. My ultimate hope is that Sally gets another chance to live the life she should have had. It's possible though Sally may have to finally pass on to the other side. Her door disappeared before, but maybe she just needs to let go of everything to move on.

Sally & Aiden?
I think Sally has loved Aiden for a long time, and I think Aiden has feelings for her also, so if Sally does get a second go I hope they are together.

Overall
Normalcy has been the entire pursuit of the trio so far, but what's so great about normal? Being abnormal doesn't mean you can't have friends, lovers, and family. Hopefully Josh, Aiden, Sally, and Nora are able to find the things that will make them happy, and are able to stay together for as long as possible. They've made a life for themselves, and just like all lives do they have ups and downs. They created a surrogate family who loves one another even though they have terrible monsters inside, and they're ready to help each other with no questions asked. What more could you ask for?

Again this is just my opinion, and I'd like to hear your ideas on how it should end in the comments below also.
30 Comments
Comments (30)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
As I was watching tonight I realized they r trying to wrap this up!! OMG its O-V-E-R!!! R u kidding me?? The first truly DIFFERENT show with amazing actors and writers and its ending NOW??? I call bulls@#& It definitely wasn't up to their quality of work. It wrapped up nice & sweet. That was nice but ....seriously?
Flag
Just another failure on SyFy channel's part.
Flag
Registered just to say I've been bingewathing this show for the last few weeks and I'm shipping Sally and Aiden sooo hard right now. The banter, the dancing, the fighting the pack together, the chemistry - I love'em! I hope they reverse all the death magic little Ramona has probably wrought and I want Sally and Aiden to dance into the sunset together. Both of them corporeal. As humans. Or maybe human and vampire or even better: wherewolf witch and vampire! Yes! Don't really care about Nora and Josh - they are whiney and annoying, but they can have a happy ending too as whatever.
Flag
In the UK version I found Sally to be an annoying and ultimately selfish cunt and the US one hasn't altered my negative feelings for her. It's never ceased to amaze me how she can cause misery, death and just move on to her next thoughts about her wants. The only good thing here is getting to see her die again.
Flag
Oh and who'd ever feel they could eat off've any surface with her bottom end being on all the kitchen surfaces. Yuk.
Flag
For Aiden, I firmly believe that for now he does need an anchor. If we compare "live blood" to human addictions like alcohol, heroin, and/or cocaine, most people know that quitting cold turkey is an incredible uphill battle. In addition to counseling, most humans recovering from addictions also seek out self-help groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous. Aiden does not have that option; there is no Blood drinkers Anonymous. He needs to build his own group, and needs a sponsor (read: anchor) to keep him in line. I recently re-watched the pilot and saw when he slipped up his only option was to call the funeral home; AA and NA acknowledge that sometimes people "fall off the wagon" and are there to provide support (maybe not clean up bodies, but emotional and social support.) ;-) I hope that Aiden finds some support as our characters go off into the wild blue somewhere.
Flag
IIRC in the UK one he tried to form an AA for vamps and it massively failed. But he could always go to AA meetings and speak of drinking desires and not wanting to ruin other's lives. There's plenty of overlap.
Flag
I am pretty sure it ended when they came up with the Vampire Flu.
Flag
Aidan: There's two possible outcomes for Aidan, which is 1. It will end similarly for him as it did for Mitchell in the UK series (which I really hope it does not as I am still not over that one) or 2. Aidan finds the balance. I hope he can either rekindle things will Kat again or find love in Suzanna as I see Aidan and Sally's relationship as strictly platonic. Even after this week's episode, it still feels more like a brother/sister relationship to me.

Aidan has struggled to maintain human relationships and familial ones. All Aidan has wanted is a child since he lost Isaac, Bernie, and Henry. If Kenny dies I cannot see Aidan living happily ever after, but if Kenny does live then maybe Aidan can use his strength and find the balance in what he wants in life -- human and vampire.

Josh and Nora: It's simple. In a perfect world the two will make up, move out to the suburbs and start a little family. They've spent so much time this season discussing their ability and desire to start a family of their own, it seems like that's the direction they will eventually take.

Sally: Either Sally exists in the living world or she is finally afforded the opportunity to her door where she will be reunited with her mother and hopefully Robbie eventually.
More+
Flag
It's an American show, so I don't think Aiden will follow in Mitchell's footsteps. :) nd I think most of us are still trying to recover from that. Come to think of it, I'm still trying to recover from the finale, too. So many traumatic memories...
Flag
After the last episode, and seeing that they are continuing this alternate timeline in the next episode....I think they are either going to revert back to the original timeline OR....they just completely dropped the ball as a series. Because they JUST started to build some more twists to the story until Sally went back and entered her own body.
If people remember, we had the mystery of who is the other ghost in the house, and somehow it is connect to the child they saw in the 70s. Where was that going?
We also saw Sally's brother die...and then his spirit just left the house...

I think this alternate time line though is all temporary. Just a break until we get to the final two episodes.
Flag
Sally's brother should be alive again and the little psycho bitch ghost still at the other house. I agree that has to be short term, otherwise the whole thing is nuked.
Flag
Aiden & Sally

It was nice to see them finally get together. Between the US and UK versions, it's LONG overdue. But, I think that's all we're going to get...if for no other reason than Sally is a ghost again. Or is she...? Since she died a wolf, can wolves come back as ghosts? I thought that was just a human thing.

Josh & Nora

Nora, in both versions, has always bugged me. I'd actually be okay if she were done as a major cast member of the show.

As individuals, it's awfully hard to predict how things will go since basically the writers have carte blanche to do anything they want. Tweak old storylines or create entirely new ones and they can do this in the past or present.

Since the events of Rewind didn't happen in a theoretical past, I don't know how they could go back to the future, establish and fix EVERYTHING that would be different in only a maximum of 4 episodes. The promo from next week takes place in the past too.

If the series ends in the past, that means the whole pack storyline gets cut right where it is...YAY. That mutated Josh storyline gets cut right where it is...DOUBLE YAY! That the Aiden and Suzanna reconcillation storyline gets cut right where it is...BOOO!!! I really like the idea of Aiden and Suzanna ending up together. I suppose it wouldn't be a stretch if she were to have been in Boston for some time keeping an eye on Aiden...but I doubt it. {sigh}. My 2nd choice would be Suren. Given the time frame of where the story is now, this I can totally see happening.

Josh. Josh. Josh. A happy ending for him would just be survival. Hopefully they don't go too far off the reservation with him.

Presuming Josh finds some peace and Aiden finds a partner, I've got to imagine Sally's story ends with her going through her door.
More+
Flag
What to know what will happen? Watch the original British version....it's much better anyway!!!!
Flag
What will happen? No clue....

What would I like to see happen? Not sure....

What I think they are aiming for...
Aiden and Suzanna take over Boston and rule...perhaps even as King and Queen of the world. I don't think that either one of them can escape their destiny and their search for "normalcy" is futile. They are who they are. Embrace it or suffer.

Josh and Nora have a baby and move out of the city. That is about as close to normal life as they can expect.

Sally gets her door. As much as we want her live and grow old....she is dead. When she tries to live again...it backfires.

I think the ultimate lesson to be learned from the series will be "be yourself". Embrace who you are and you will be happier. You may not always like it, but you are who you are.

Not sure about the minor details.
Flag
I agree. They have to come to the realization that they are who they are. All I know is I hope Sally finally gets her door.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members