A Being Human Community
Syfy (ended 2014)

I waited a few days to see if there was going to be an official review of the latest episode of Being Human, Too Far, Fast-Forward!

Guess not...

With the notice that the show only has a few episodes left, have we lost interest in it?

Either way, here is my review.

I am not a big fan of the long reviews. Maybe it is my short attention span. Not sure.

Sally was still in the past. We saw her die in the alley behind the blood den in the previous episode. Ray hit her in the back of the head, killing her.

Bishop, who is still alive, shows up and takes care of the mess. Aiden and Bishop catch up with Ray and Josh. Aiden snaps Ray like a twig and kills him. They leave Josh to suffer in his own depression and loneliness. Aiden tells Josh he will kill him the next time he sees him.

A year passes.

The vampire plague has begun, which has human blood with the flu-bug deadly to vampires. Bishop and his crew, including Aiden, are securing untainted blood via the hospital and selling it to the needy vampires.

Bishop beats on Aiden, accusing him of stealing.

Nora is still working at the hospital, (reluctantly) helping Aiden to get the blood. She is addicted to pain killers and is going through a divorce.

Josh is working somewhere outside of Boston at a pie shop. Sally continues to haunt Josh.

Sally sees that the plague is hitting the vampires. She gets Josh to come back to Boston and help Aiden. There is a little tension between Aiden and Josh, to say the least. We don't see it, but Aiden presumably drinks Josh's blood and it protects him the plague.

Aiden replenishes Bishops supply with tainted blood and kills Bishop. We see that Aiden will ascend to the throne of Boston and isn't the nice guy we know from the original time line.

Sally contacts Donna, and they are still connected, as we see Donna try to make Sally disappear by slicing her and Donna ends up getting cut in the same spot on her own arm.

Donna agrees to help Sally get back to her own time. There is some sentimental goodbyes between Sally and Aiden.

Donna warns Sally that she may go forward in time first before she returns to her own time.

Sally "jumps" ahead in time and she witnesses Josh and Aiden fighting in the living room. Aiden snaps Josh's neck, presumably killing him.

Sally reappears in the front of the house, and sees an ambulance with a body on the gurney. She thinks it is Josh. At that point, Aiden and Josh come up next to her and tell her that she has been gone since the night prior and they didn't know what to do so they called it in. The body on the gurney is Sally's brother.

So Sally is back home. Next week's show should pick up before Sally left.

I think the episode in its self was entertaining, along with last weeks episode. It was like seeing four seasons of a whole new show wrapped into approximately and hour and half. I am looking forward to the final episodes. I hope to see Aiden and Suzana together...forever. I hope to see Josh and Nora back together, move out of Boston and have a baby. I hope...and this is a BIG hope...that Sally finally gets her door.

Opinions?
44 Comments
Comments (44)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
It's ending for good? I didn't even know that! boohoo, I'm sad :(
But... if it's ending, why wouldn't she get her door!
You can figure a lot out in 2 episodes, right?
Or... maybe she get's to hop on board the Josh/Nora baby :)
But I guess they'll try to somehow get her together with Aiden?
Hm...
I don't know. Now that I know it's ending it's kind of fun to speculate!

Thanks for the review, by the way!
Flag
I didn't even think about that....that Sally could honestly be placed into Josh and Nora's baby. Just like whats-her-name, the nurse who saw dead people, was doing in the hospital a few seasons ago. Thats a GREAT twist.
Flag
I liked this episoce and the alternate timeline; still last week's was superior.
I can't wait for the final episodes either, which is a good thing. It has been since the ending of season that I have anticipated episodes for Being Human so this makes me happy.
Although I really wish threre was some way to have Aiden remember how he felt about Sally.
Flag
I wonder if she could possess him and some of her residual memory could stay with Aiden....and he could feel and see what they were in the alternate life.
Flag
oh you're so right but there is no way of knowing which memories get left behind. Plus can an undead being be possessed?
Flag
I don't know. Maybe.... It would be interesting to see.
Flag
One question though: what really happened the night she died? WS her ghost there to possess her and keep her from dying, or not?

Flag
Thanks for posting. I did enjoy the first half of this little two parter more, because I wasnt sure if they were going to keep things that way for the final season or not, which I'm glad they didnt. We got a nice little what if scenario and it was cool...but its time to wrap up the rest of the story. Ive enjoyed Being Human, sucks its ending. Here's to a good final run of episodes!
Flag
Thanks for the post. I haven't lost interest in Being Human, it's still as awesome as it was in season 1.
Flag
I haven't liked Being Human for a long time now. I was going to quit watching, but then I heard that there are only a few episodes left. So I figured I might as well stop trying to quit the show and just watch until the end. I actually enjoyed this episode. It wasn't fantastic or anything, but it was far more interesting than the usual boring stuff.
Flag
Thank you for doing this. I had a choice to make this week, watch Bates Motel or Being Human, and catch the other on Hulu. I watched Bates Motel. Hadn't watched Being Human yet (I'm kind of mourning it). After reading your excellent review, I won't have to watch it. Good job. Thanks, again.
Flag
I totally agree with this review....specially the last part with the "hopes"
Sally was her annoying ghost self, stalking Josh in his new life..
After Aidan and he became enemies.
Bischop is back and loved to see them have fun one moment and the other, Aiden is poisining him...so Bishop died again...!!
Loved to see Dona again...she looked so modern with her hair do..
So now they are back at the future...think Sally has seen a flash of a future where Josh get's killed by Aiden...i really hope not..
Would like that they all get what they deserve ( in a good way of course)...!!
Flag
With any luck the NCIS et al. WOMP bit for closed scenes will finish now.
Thank God the past bit is over but it felt all of a bit sudden and accepted.
I liked seeing Bishop again, as it reminded me of the darker days and when there was less concern over romances.
They should've reincarnated Sally as a past lived dog for a brief while, as that bitch aint got no boundary control with tables/sideboards/eating surfaces!
Flag
Disappointed might be too strong a word, but I was really hoping that they were going to stick with the reset timeline until they got back to "present day" and ride it straight through till the end.

It would have allowed for the best of everything IMO. They could do away with that whole pack storyline as well as the mutant werewolf Josh had become and still allow for Aiden and Suzanna to reconcile. And while I don't much care for Nora, there would be plenty of opportunity to let Josh re-win her over. Sally finally gets her door. Warm fuzzy feelings all around.

There is a reason though that I'm not a Hollywood writer because the "bungee effect" of Sally returning to present day while getting a glimpse into the future...I like it, A LOT! I do however wish they'd played with it a little more. Maybe a few bounces a year into the future, 8 months into the past, 6 months into the future, 4 months into the future, present day. That might be hard to convey, but with so few episodes left, it would give Sally an idea of how to prevent Aiden from killing Josh, cause let's face it...when Sally free wheels the ideas that pop into her head, they don't turn out well.

But, we are where we are. The pack is back and Josh is still some werewolf freak {sigh}
More+
Flag
I really expected to see a few more jumps. Maybe something like years in the future, and in a different location....seeing Nora older with a toddler at a park...and then seeing her own death in the house again...and then something else.
Flag
That was an excellent recap. Thank you. I think your proposed ending would make fans of this really good season throughout very pleased. It sucks that they are rushing everything so fast though. The Suzanna/Aiden stuff was so poignant and Sam Witwer so good and it was really glaringly missing these last few weeks and Aiden/Sally just kind of was nice and then wore itself out (it almost seemed to be trying too hard to get to where Mitchell and Annie got to in the original version). Maybe I just love Katharine Isabelle's Suzanna a little too much, but I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of her. (I fear 'Gallows Humor' may have been the last we see of her and that because show got canceled we'll never see how that story could have ended up.) Get Sally her Door.
Flag
Maybe this show lost so many viewers is because, In Between Season 2+3 there was some not-so-interesting moments to see that might have bored some people
Flag
review of the plot
Flag
The strange thing was that the show was kinda in a lull after Season 2 and then all of a sudden this Season it became interesting as it draws to its end. Perhaps this show, like its main archetypes, need to know their ends are end before they start being human. Has been a good run when it does end.
Flag
Yup, your ending sounds pretty good to me. Overall its been a better version than the Original and Sally getting caught in another time strand allowed the show to move off into more territory, which was entertaining. It'll be a bit of a novelty to watch a US show with a proper ending!
Flag
Alternate time line episodes always excite in the beginning because we see the characters in radically different situations, but when the reset button is pushed - abd that always happens eventually - we end with a certain "meh" factor because we end exactly where we began, the story hasn't moved an inch, and the characters haven't learnec anything from the experience. So, meh...
Flag
It might not really be a review, but it's definitely a good recap! Mind if we change the post title to call it that?
Flag
I liked the "time jumps" - they were handled really well.
And it looks like they have a better final arc than the original series its based on.
Hopefully the ending will not leave too many loose ends
Flag
The original suffered from losing its leads during the run of the show. So much of what the writers had to do was damage control from that.
Flag
The baby arc and the devil arc were bad plotting - the chemistry between the actors was good though
Flag
Oh, yeah. No problem there. But when you lose a lead, it's hard for a show to continue. Lose two leads at once, and it's like swimming with no limbs.
The chemistry among the actors for the American version is really good as well. And the chemistry between Aiden and Sally has always been electric.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members