Being Human

Syfy (ended 2014)

gabfan31

Being Human Fan Reviews (49)

• Realistically Brilliant

Finally an American TV show about vampires and werewolves that shows these things in a realistic light, minus the supposed romance that goes along with being a monster. I really appreciate how much emphasis the writer's put on how lonely and cursed it would be to live a life like that. I think the actors did a fantastic job of conveying those heartbreaking emotions and struggles.

The only reason I'm not rating this 10/10 is because I felt that sometimes the show dragged on too much in regards to Aidan's struggles with Mother and vampire politics. In that regard, I enjoyed season one more than season two. Still, both seasons are wonderful and kept me wanting more right until the end. Thank God season 3 will be here in a couple of months.

On a final note, I've yet to see the UK version, and I see that a lot of people are opposed to this American remake, but I still say give this version a try before you dismiss it entirely. For those of us who are tired of the worn out Twilight-type genre that has infiltrated TV and theatres, it's a refreshing show to indulge in.