Being Human (UK) Forums

BBC (ended 0000)

Renewed for Season 5!

agibaer

[1]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 6

It's official! Being Human will be back! And I have to say I'm glad!

Season 4 was the best by far. I have to admit I watched the first 3 season only because of Mitchell. I really, really hated George! How can a grown man make such whining noices? *shudder*

And Hal is a more than apt replacement for Mitchell. He is an old one, a powerful and dark vampire, finally someone with some real balls. And the chemistry between him and Tom is perfect.

And Annie isn't as annoying as in the first seasons as well. This show moved from kids enternainment with gore to an adult show. With gore.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CharmedOneP391

[2]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 19

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Oh wow. I thought the 4th season was the worst. Far below the first 3 seasons. This show was about 3 roomates, who happened to be Supernatural creatures, dealing with their crap but their bond was the center of the show..how after all the crap they individually had to do in their own story-lines, they would always come back to the core of the show..their friendship. Then Season 4 comes...and now the show is about the werewolf progeny who would be the savior of the world. No reason though..nothing Eve actually had to do...she just couldn't grow up. I don't see what the point of her existence was at all if all she had to do to save the world was to die. Complete crap. But we all have our opinions.

Hal..he's anything but strong. He does nothing but fail at life. I didn't dislike the character..but both him and Tom are weak in their own ways. Tom is just dumb and can be manipulated like a puppet.

I'll watch the 5th season premiere..but really I dont even want to. Season 4 ended with Annie moving on and now it's officially Being Human 2.0 and I just don't know if I have it in me to continue.

Edited on 03/29/2012 12:50pm

tv-obsessed

[3]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 4
    I have to agree with CharmedOneP391. I mean I really liked series 4, maybe on parr with series 3 but not near the first two series. I feel in love with the show because of the characters. I admit I watched series 4 because of Annie (and she was brilliant), but I did grow to like the other characters, not so much Alex, but without Annie i don't think I can stay with the show. These new characters just haven't won me over.

mattgus

[4]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 14
    i could not be any happier to hear that it is comming back...i have enjoyed this yr 4 more than i could have imagined. hal and thom characters are a perfect combo and the actors play off each other to perfection. i am able to watch the episodes over with friends after i have already watched and look forward to it each week. not alot of tv is that good that i want to watch an ep over again within a week. great news...

DougClark2

[5]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 3
    Having finally caught up on the last two episodes of the series...I can say I'm as conflicted about this show as I've ever been

Circumstances aside, I did smile as I watched the final exchange

Eve: "Go ahead, they're waiting"
    Annie: "Who's waiting?"
    Eve: "You know who..."

The thought of reuniting Annie with Mitchell and George reminded me of what I so enjoyed about this show...specifically the first three seasons. The concept of this show was neat, but it's the characters that drive the bus. It seems that the producers are convinced that their concept trumps the characters/actors and have recast the entire show. This might have worked for Law & Order and a few other shows, but from episodes 16-24, all three of your main characters gone...? It's a big ask, after a polarizing season, to have fans continue watching based on concept. Hell...'Cop Rock' was a neat concept.

My conflict...I think Kate Bracken is SMOKIN' HOT! Is one good looking woman enough to keep watching? I dunno, we'll see

archangelwho

[6]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 18

It was the relationship between George, Annie & Mitchell and each own life and history of the 1st 2 reason. I felt season 3 got away from that and even though I enjoied season 3 it was alomst like watching a spin-off. Have Netflix so I'm unsure when season 4 will be on but from what I have read I will watch but not sure how much I'm looking forfore to it.

Edited on 06/05/2012 6:13am

Yaspaa

[7]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 79
    New characters is the only way to keep the show fresh. The originality has gone, so fun characters and good story lines are the best we can hope for. Catch Aidan Turner in the new Hobbit movie.

archangelwho

[9]Dec 23, 2012
    • level: 18

So far I have seen only 3 ep of season 4 but must say the fighting between the roommates has gotten old. Annie said it best they once were a family. Now they are just 3 pians. Hope it improve but Being Human was about the relationship behind the 3 and the rest was just backline stories. You cared about them. Now I just feel sad with Annie.

Togana

[10]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 9

CharmedOneP391 wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Oh wow. I thought the 4th season was the worst. Far below the first 3 seasons. This show was about 3 roomates, who happened to be Supernatural creatures, dealing with their crap but their bond was the center of the show..how after all the crap they individually had to do in their own story-lines, they would always come back to the core of the show..their friendship. Then Season 4 comes...and now the show is about the werewolf progeny who would be the savior of the world. No reason though..nothing Eve actually had to do...she just couldn't grow up. I don't see what the point of her existence was at all if all she had to do to save the world was to die. Complete crap. But we all have our opinions.

Hal..he's anything but strong. He does nothing but fail at life. I didn't dislike the character..but both him and Tom are weak in their own ways. Tom is just dumb and can be manipulated like a puppet.

I'll watch the 5th season premiere..but really I don't even want to. Season 4 ended with Annie moving on and now it's officially Being Human 2.0 and I just don't know if I have it in me to continue.

THANK YOU!!! Season four was horrible! It was so damn boring. Hal is an old vampire who's supposed to be bad ass, but all he is now is obsessive-compulsive. He has no bite, Mitchell was interesting because if you pissed him off, he's most likely kill you. He may feel bad about it later, but he'd definitely kill you. Hal... just give him some Legos and he'll be alright.

Tom is far too stupid to hold much interest for long. He needs to mature a lot because right now, he's just a puppet like you said.

The entire plot was a waste of everyone's time. Turns out the child born of two werewolves is human with no special abilities. From what I can tell, seems like the world would be taken over by vampires anyway whether she was dead or alive. That was on the books even BEFORE George met Gina. What's going to be the big dilemma for S5 now that all the big bad vampires died in a rinky-dink explosion? S5 really needs to step up it's game because right now, Being Human UK is the lamest and most boring supernatural show on TV in anyone's country.

Edited on 01/10/2013 1:24pm

Yaspaa

[11]Jan 12, 2013
    • level: 79
    Brand new baddie for season 5 and with the ground work laid for the new characters I expect a much better season, although at 6 episodes it doesn't give you much time.