Being Human (UK) Forums

BBC (ended 0000)

UK vs. US

archangelwho

[1]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 18

The US version is much more lighter than the UK and not as intense. It was the intense storylines/relationships between all of the characters that drew me to the show. The US version is more sad than intense. I do like the storyline development of the US version better. There is enough of the UK version with just enough changes to make it different enough to watch as a new show. It does not seem like a 100% rerun. I like the characters better in the UK version but reaaly hate the amount of profanity in the UK version.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Togana

[2]Jan 10, 2013
    • level: 9

I disagree, the US version is kicking the UK's version ass. For one thing, the vampires are actually scarier. It's more gory, more action and the characters have more personality.

TVvuer69

[3]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 58

Even with all the changes the original UK series has gone through the past couple of seasons, it's still better than SyFy's version, which is far more dependent on special FX. The latter is also guilty of recycling storylines from the original during its first season, only they changed the outcomes so they didn't end up being an exact carbon copy. And to me, the werewolves in SyFy's version don't really look like wolves at all. They look more like some mutant monster puppies that are far from scary, given the CGI animation. The UK werewolves are definitely scarier and could easily put SyFy's wolves to shame.

Togana

[4]Feb 25, 2013
    • level: 9

The UK seems to be struggling to find plot ideas, whereas the American version veered off the UK's story long ago and started doing their own thing. I don't know, maybe ya'll like tame supernatural shows where food fights in hotels over Employee of the month competition is more than enough excitement for you. Not me. Hal needs to get a little rough around the edges and I have a bit of hope for the UK version with the last episode when he killed that werewolf. It was almost as if the UK version were growing a pair. So We'll see what's going to happen next.

I'm not interested that much in this "captain/devil" character. Supernatural did it way better.