Being Ian

Weekdays 6:30 PM on YTV Premiered Jan 01, 2005 In Season

Being Ian Fan Reviews (12)

• If you don't like it, you're probably not Canadian.

A true hidden gem of Canadian children's television, Being Ian can really only be appreciated in full by its original audience. Packed with Canadian pop culture references, clever innuendos and often beautifully disturbing imagery, Being Ian managed to keep my attention for as long as it aired on YTV. The characters were interesting enough, the plots were simple yet amusing and the humour ranged from tastefully offensive to blissfully childlike.
  • Qubo, where your crack?

Though this show is not as bad as Scaredy Squirrel, this show is still Awful. It's just soo gross that it shouldn't even be a kids show. This show should have been on Comedy Central instead. One wouldn't be suprized if alot of parents complained about this show to the creator. This show overall is just stupid.
  • Under-rated show.

I haven't watched many episodes so I can't say it's the most amazing show in the world, but I will say that from the few that I have seen, the show was pretty good. I found the episodes amusing.

The characters were interesting and it's a shame to see that this show isn't very well-known or more popular, because Being Ian certainly deserves it.

• Ian Kelley likes to shoot pictures

Ian Kelley is a twelve year old canadian boy from a suburb of vancouver called Burnaby (an atlas is sometimes fun to read- please don't quote me on that one)and who likes to shoot pictures both in his mind (where they appear like parodies of normal pictures) and in reality (where they are lame due to low budgets and poor acting). ian is a visionary director who sometimes can't switch off his directing mind which leads to troubles, and quite often his family too. The Kelleys often face strange and complex situations but always pull through in the end. The dog, Chopin, Ians two brothers Korey and Kyle, and Ians father, mother and two grandmothers all have distinct personalities. The plots aren't especially good but are certainly original and this show is fairly entertaining. using flash it has a smooth style of animation and is allright in its drawing style.
  • Being Ian? I'm sorry, I've never heard of such a thing!

I'm not a cartoon watcher, but come on! you have to watch being Ian. I don't think I'm addicted...yet. But this is a very fun show. I love the drawings, they're so cute! Ian f course isn't such a big ht on my list, I personally prefer the brother. We can all enjoy a fresh set of menace every now and then. We do see little brats here and there all the time, but when we have it in being Ian, along with those incredible drawings, we have to all love it. Its a must. And while some of us are not expected to be watching such shows at our age, we may sneak in sticky gummy bears and watch this show with out little brother/sister while the rest of the world is in total unison of what we do behind close doors. Not that we ever stopped sucking on gummy bears and watching cartoons.Ever.
  • Well at least its from the creators of Yvon of the Yukon.

Really this show is just full of dull jokes. And it tries to push the envelope as hard as it can. Example. In a few episodes they use the word or say Hell. Not to forget Crap, Canada's official swear word. The butt jokes and gross out jokes don't belong on this show. It should stay on Yvon only.
    The charaters are too typical and it always ending up with one winning no matter what which I find stupid.

Ian- Wannabe Stephen Spielberg. Is the "middle" brother in the family. He get's what he wants. Sort of spoiled.

Kyle-Uptight guy who thinks he's the coolest guy in Canada.

Korey- The sci-fi freak and anime fanboy. Nuff said.

Vickey Kelly-That stay at home mother. Tries to force the family into being vegans by cooking them tofu. Also wants to leave home but chooses not to. Ken Kelly-That dad who wants to be perfect. Doesn't know were to stop.

Tyrone-Ian's best friend and the black token. Has the best at sports personailty. Always loses to Ian over something.

Sandy-Ian's tomboy friend. Sometimes acts as a feminist which will really get you annoyed. Also has the best at sports personality Overall I watch this show when I'm bored. Few laughs when you see Ian's butt for 2mins or somebody in the family getting kicked in the nuts. The show gets a 4.
  • This show is really midly interesting. It has sort of bad storylines.

7.6
    Being Ian is and never will be my favourite show. I always watch ABC (in Australia) in the Afternoon. I may be in my teens but half the shows aren't bad if you're watching ROLLERCOASTER. (See my personal blog for reference)But back to know territory to everyone... Being Ian is very interesting because the storylines can be very predictable or the total opposite very unpredictable which can be both boring and disappointing. This show does have some potential... because if you do read the forum there are some Being Ian fans but the characters, the setting and even the way they look can be very dull. And Ian's sense of humour can be dry in some specific scenes.
  • In a word, Terrible. Outdated concepts even when I was a child.

I realize that this show is obviously not aimed at my age group (late teens) but more of the Grade 1-3 group but even if I was that age I wouldn't have watched a show as terrible as this.

One huge flaw to Being Ian is the fact that it's not original and cheesey, it doesn't bring anything new to the world of television, which is okay for most tv shows since they can get by, by being exciting/funny/scary/outrageous, however Being Ian excels in none of those categories.

Take the whole cast of characters for example.
    The father is an idiot
    His mother is naggy
    His two brothers bully him
    And Ian himself is whiny and narcassistic whoose 2 best friends are: A tom boy and a black guy
    Ian also wants to be a film director one day.

I say to avoid this like the plague. There should be more interesting shows to watch.
  • This show rocks!

how is this show mediocre it is such a good show and comes from the guy who made yvon of the yukon. Who ever doesnt like this show is crazy sure there are some downfalls but being ian is about a 12 year old boy whos imagination goes wild. So if u don\'t get it your a complete idiot!
  • I luv this show it's just soooo random!! Matt Hill stands out with his performance as Korey Kelly!

I luv this show so much that ive started taping it and watching it over and over again!! i luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv this show and with that it was on every day of the week instead of just one (in Australia)
  • No idea what this show is about.

6.3
    Ok I have watched this show a couple of times and I still don't really get it. I thought that from the commercials for it, the show might actually be kind of interesting but most of the show is kind of stupid and very confusing. I don't think the plots are very interesting. I recommend avoiding this show and watching better shows and only watching this show if there is nothing else on.
  • No idea what this show is about.

6.3
    Ok I have watched this show a couple of times and I still don\'t really get it. I thought that from the commercials for it, the show might actually be kind of interesting but most of the show is kind of stupid and very confusing. I don\'t think the plots are very interesting. I recommend avoiding this show and watching better shows and only watching this show if there is nothing else on.