Ben 10: Alien Force Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

Ben 10 to have a 3rd Series?

KGB1516

[1]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    I was on Mcduffies forum, and someone asked about a 3rd series. Mcduffie said they're already working on it. Now if Mr. M misread the question and thought he was referring to a 3rd season, that's one thing, but seriously, why another series? I was coinsciedently enough, thinking about this the other day, and concluded they're is no reason to establish a 3rd serires NOW as AF has already made huge success. What next? The future where they're all adults? I won't watch it; it'll bomb. It just took me until a month ago to finally acceot the original Ben 10 series as a good show, becasue I was so much infactuated with AF, but I just think it's highly improbably that a 3rd series will ever live up to either of the shows before it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[2]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 28
    KGB1516 wrote:
    I was on Mcduffies forum, and someone asked about a 3rd series. Mcduffie said they're already working on it. Now if Mr. M misread the question and thought he was referring to a 3rd season, that's one thing, but seriously, why another series? I was coinsciedently enough, thinking about this the other day, and concluded they're is no reason to establish a 3rd serires NOW as AF has already made huge success. What next? The future where they're all adults? I won't watch it; it'll bomb. It just took me until a month ago to finally acceot the original Ben 10 series as a good show, becasue I was so much infactuated with AF, but I just think it's highly improbably that a 3rd series will ever live up to either of the shows before it.
    Your assuming he means third series though when he probably meant season. Even if by a long shot they do make a third series we would have to wait for the conclusion of AF before we can guess at the plot it maybe good. Look at Batman Beyond so many people said that was bad idea and became a fan favorite. People said the same thing about Alien Force and it is doing good.

The chance of a third Ben 10 series is low at this point so I doubt it will happen.

nyfan

[3]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 20
    I am very sure, he was talking about the 3rd season. Some people refer to tv seasons as series. In England they do that, in some anime shows like Digimon or Code Geass, they refer to each season as series.

KGB1516

[4]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    nyfan wrote:
    I am very sure, he was talking about the 3rd season. Some people refer to tv seasons as series. In England they do that, in some anime shows like Digimon or Code Geass, they refer to each season as series.

Well, thanks for the clarity. Logically a third season makes more sense and certainly is more probable. I submit, I may never reconsider my opinions, more likely because I love AF the way it is, especially the voice actors *cough* cipes *cough* and can't really see past that, as I'm sure the feeling is mutual among other AF junkies. I'l never be able to fully distinguish my feelings towards a third series, however, until AF has officially beeen established and furthar developed and explained.

violet_mist

[5]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 26
    With the ratings right now, a third season would make sense. Unless the ratings suddenly went down.

A third series? What, following Ben through college? That seems like breaking the limits.

RaizenYusuke

[6]Sep 26, 2008
    violet_mist wrote:
    With the ratings right now, a third season would make sense. Unless the ratings suddenly went down.

A third series? What, following Ben through college? That seems like breaking the limits.
    They could go through the future root like Batman Beyond and maybe show Ben's kid or grandkid doning the omnitrix and becoming a hero. It depends on how AF ends to see if there is another chance for a spin off.

nacholibre92

[7]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 24

Lookie:

http://www.thevhive.com/forum/dwayne-mcduffie/threads/ben-10-alien-force-questions/361

Read the first post.

Edited on 09/28/2008 2:10pm

violet_mist

[8]Sep 28, 2008
    Which means we get a thrid season if ratings are high enough

Invisible_Bob

[9]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    violet_mist wrote:
    Which means we get a thrid season if ratings are high enough

I'm pretty sure we will. Cn's already signed on.

violet_mist

[10]Sep 28, 2008
    Invisible_Bob wrote:
    Cn's already signed on.

Can't they terminate the contract or something like that?

RaizenYusuke

[11]Sep 28, 2008
    violet_mist wrote:
    Invisible_Bob wrote:
    Cn's already signed on.

Can't they terminate the contract or something like that?
    Yes in fact that happened to the Teen Titans which was signed up for 7 seasons but because their 5th season did bad CN cancled the series after the end of the of the season. So if we want more AF we have to make sure to watch season 2 and hope the season does great.

nyfan

[12]Sep 28, 2008
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Lookie:

http://www.thevhive.com/forum/dwayne-mcduffie/threads/ben-10-alien-force-questions/361

Read the first post.

Reading these posts. Things I noticed.

It appears Grandpa Max really is dead. He is not even trying to hide it, or keep us in the dark, like he does from most of the things.

Julie will return in season 2 and play a more central role, Kevin and Gwen really have feelings each other, the current Highbreed / DNA Aliens storyline will conclude in season 2, so the season 2 finale, will be much more epic than the season 1 finale, Hex and Charmcaster will return in season 3.

Edited on 09/29/2008 9:46am

violet_mist

[13]Sep 29, 2008
    Hex and Charmcaster return? Cool!

Beccause CN was being idiotic, ther'ye just playing the other half of what was intended to be season 1.

Julie comes back and plays a CENTRAL role? She going to be a recurring character? Let's see if she's going to be less cardboardish and make me hate her less. But if she has some ability that makes her useful, or if she is part alien, I'm out of here.

nyfan

[14]Sep 29, 2008

violet_mist wrote:
    Hex and Charmcaster return? Cool! Beccause CN was being idiotic, ther'ye just playing the other half of what was intended to be season 1. Julie comes back and plays a CENTRAL role? She going to be a recurring character? Let's see if she's going to be less cardboardish and make me hate her less. But if she has some ability that makes her useful, or if she is part alien, I'm out of here.

He also said Morningstar would be back. I wonder if he and Charmcaster would team up, and maybe be more than just allies. Ever since I saw All That Glitters I thought Mike and Charm would be good match to be involved in the same episode. I think Gwen would agree with me, if she saw those two together her reaction would be "Charmcaster, Morningstar, together? You know what I am not surprised."

Edited on 09/29/2008 3:09pm

violet_mist

[15]Sep 29, 2008
    But there's still Hex.........what about him? He was pretty controlling before.

RaizenYusuke

[16]Sep 29, 2008
    The Highbreeder Leader sounds more interesting to me now. Since he said he was stronger than Vilgax and they were a bigger threat than him by far, which is a good thing. I'm glad that guy Max killed wasn't the leader he was so boring he had no personality and his strength wasn't as impressive as the first series final season villains(Vilgax, Kevin 11, Ghostfreak, Forever King).

nacholibre92

[17]Sep 29, 2008
    nyfan wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Lookie:

Read the first post.

It appears Grandpa Max really is dead. He is not even trying to hide it, or keep us in the dark, like he does from most of the things.

Julie will return in season 2 and play a more central role, Kevin and Gwen really have feelings each other, the current Highbreed / DNA Aliens storyline will conclude in season 2, so the season 2 finale, will be much more epic than the season 1 finale, Hex and Charmcaster will return in season 3.

I'm guessing the reason McDuffie is saying is because he wants everyone to think Max is dead. If he really is dead, I'll be shocked.

nyfan

[18]Sep 30, 2008
    I hope they don't recast Charmcaster. Kari Wahlgreen is great in that role and one of the most underrated voice over actors in the business.

violet_mist

[19]Sep 30, 2008
    I don't think it will be nessesary. Charmcaster was probably around 16 in the original series. If needed, the old voice actress can just lower her voice a little bit. % years won't change THAT much, unless something drastic happened...........

Fourarms10

[20]Sep 30, 2008
    nacholibre92 wrote:
    nyfan wrote:
    nacholibre92 wrote:

Lookie:

Read the first post.

I'm guessing the reason McDuffie is saying is because he wants everyone to think Max is dead. If he really is dead, I'll be shocked.
    I wish Ben could use Alien X to bring Grandpa Max back to life.