Ben 10: Alien Force

Voided

Aired Friday 8:30 PM Dec 05, 2008 on Cartoon Network

• Exciting development to the last minute.

So the episode starts with the trio getting information from Helen about the NV (Null Void) having problems, and then Ben decides to go alone to help Manny and Helen.

Ben saves a random guy who reveals about a person, codenamed the Wrench, and a group that this same person spearheads, named the Helpers. They are soon attacked by monsters like the one that attacked the random guy, but the Helpers, revealed to be Manny and Helen, have come to assist. Then the random guy alerts the group about D'Void, who turns out to supposedly be unbeatable.

As it turns out, however, D'Void is none other than Dr. Animo. I thought that things would come to an anti-climax. That didn't happen, though, because Dr. Animo, having newfound raw power, took down the Helpers and shook off Brainstorm's attack. Luckily, the trio managed to escape.

Infodump about the NV and Null Guardians (the monsters), then the group goes to meet with the Wrench, but they first meet up with...Pierce. Yeah, his appearance surprised me at first, until I realized that Manny and Helen also thought that the NV device was a device for executions instead. Anyway, Ben fights Pierce, loses--apparently on purpose as we would learn soon--then Ben is taken to the Wrench. Whose identity you would not believe, maybe.

When I was trying to think of possible people who could be the Wrench to bring down D'Void, I was suspecting Ben in a twist that he was a chosen one but he wouldn't suspect until he would already have rallied the resistance against D'Void. But then I realized that the Wrench had already been leading resistance for a while already. However, given that plumbers use wrenches, I was guessing that the Wrench had to have a Plumber connection somewhere, and my next guess was Max Tennyson--of course, ManOfAction said that Max was dead. However, I just couldn't think of another lead, but all the same, I decided if the Wrench was Max, I would laugh--and then I heard Pierce warn Ben about the Wrench's food. We wouldn't know too many odd food makers, and then as Ben talked to the Wrench, the Wrench responded--with the voice of.......wait for it......

GRANDPA MAX!

Yep, he actually got sent to the NV instead of blown up, but upon seeing the NV's state of misery thanks to Animo, decide to opt to help fix things there instead of returning home yet.

The Helpers, led by the young and old Tennysons, decides to manage a sneak attack with all of its troops attacking the drill. Animo is around to try to keep the drill safe, but with a plan hatched by Ben, the drill is destroyed and Animo is defeated. As the Helpers are organized for handling the aftermath, Gwen opens a portal to bring back Ben, who shows Max to be alive. Max opts to stay with the Helpers, though, but he feels hopeful that he can come back one day.

So yep, the episode was quite well done.