Ben 10: Omniverse Forums

Saturday 9:00 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Season 1 Discussion

edmasterchaos

[1]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 41

Well. The whole thing of how to discuss in pages is kinda messy, so this much is valid, no?

Anyway, I'm... kinda loving the series. Dialogue is just cheesy enough to be endearing, the animation is fluid, style's cool and sharp, the colors are really well contrasted and the storylines are pretty great, keeping the perfect balance of callbacks and new stuff with a good flow so viewers old and new can appreciate the episodes (the one with Alien-X was by far my favorite, to old viewers it made up for its lackluster use before and for new people it shows that that thing is real and the most f'ing powerful thing) so, yeah.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluecatcinema

[2]Nov 1, 2012
    • level: 61
    I'm quite enjoying this series. The new art style threw me at first, but some of the character redesigns are pretty decent. Rook being the "all training, no experience" type really balances him out with Ben. Khyber makes for a good, creepy villain, and his dog's transformations into alien predators are an interesting gimmick.

perualonso1

[3]Nov 3, 2012
    • level: 18

Ever since I first saw the preview, I thought Omniverse would be quite an improvement to the Ben 10 saga.

What does everyone care if the animation is no good? I think it's great.

The More Things Change was a good episode to start with but I mostly enjoy Trouble Helix considering the Original Trio (Young Ben, Young Gwen, and Max) take the limelight.

I think what makes Omniverse the best remake of Ben 10 is when each episode focuses on both Teen Ben and Kid Ben.

Overall, I for one, love watching Omniverse a lot. Thank you, CN, for making the latest installment to Ben 10 the best!

Fourarms10

[4]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 24
    Sometimes I still wish they used Gen Rex's art, but then they'd probably have to make the series more serious than AF.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 28

I am really liking the series so far. The show is silly, less serious than the previous AF and UA, but this series does follow the original one better.

One thing I love is that these writers actually do a great job at rotating all the aliens. We see aliens from the original, AF, UA, and Omniverse aliens evenly. AF/UA was bad at balancing them all out. That is a great strength considering how many aliens Ben has. I like the clothes have returned to the aliens.

One thing I dislike is how Ben's skill with the Omnitrix has gone back down to his 10 year old self. He can't select the right alien on his own anymore, since according to the writers that the new Omnitrix doesn't glitch and all mistransformations are Ben's fault.

Rook is a character I am growing fond of. His know nothing about Earth culture demanor is typical, but still fun to watch. Ben is a little immature, but given his attitude in UA it is not that far off. The main villain of the season I have no opinion of him yet, because he is still largely unknown.

Fourarms10

[6]Nov 6, 2012
    They even anaged to bring XLR8 back.

RaizenYusuke

[7]Nov 12, 2012

The storyline with Malware, Khyber, and that Dr. Psychobos looks promising. The duplicated Omnitrix storyline has been done a few times (Vilgax's goal and Alebdo), but the Omnitrix the doctor made with alien predators makes an old idea kind of cool. Natural predators to all of Ben's aliens was an idea I am surprised no one has thought of before. It tied in all those episodes involving younger Ben together with the present.

We saw Malware came into being, his going to earth, messing with the Omntrix (which revealed he copied), and going to Dr. Pyschobos. This plot has been in the making for 5 years. The doctor being a Brainstorm who hates being number 2 to Azmuth kind of a obvious storyline, but a nice way to start a series. In fact it was a story that was hinted at in AF. In the Highbreed arc finale Ben as Brainstorm did get huffy with Azmuth and make it seem like there was rivalry between Galavans and Brainstorm's races. The Omnitrix is dubbed the most powerful weapon in the universe it makes sense Dr. Psychobos wants to show up Azmuth by making a better Omnitrix. It is a simple storyline so far that has the potential to develop into something bigger.

We have a nice villainalliance as the firstmajor villains of the series. Right of the back we have a villain alliance and this one looks like it will develop further thanone or two episodes unlikethe Negative 10, Vilgax and Kevin 11 team, Zomboz, Charmcaster, and SevenSeven alliance etc. The animation is bad, but the storytelling abilities of the new team isn't bad IMO.

Fourarms10

[8]Nov 17, 2012
    If only they reduced the mistransformations and fixed up the animation, the series would be near perfect to me.

RaizenYusuke

[9]Nov 17, 2012

I love this series isn't taking itself too serious. For god's sake they did a Looney Toons bit with Rath/Khyber season. I laughed out loud when they did that. Part of me wonders if Azmuth is watching Ben from the Omnitrix and overriding it to change into an alien he doesn't want for laughs. When Ben picked Heatblast expecting he would mistransform into something else the Omnntrix turns him into Heatblast then he tries to select the alien he wants expecting to get it he changes into something else lol.

Flashheat

[10]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 13
    Yeah, the "Khyber Season! "Rath Season!" bit was completely out of nowhere and completely hilarious.

And while I could see Azmuth doing that, some of the parts it doesn't seem to make sense, since turning Ben into the natural prey of the thing he's fighting seems like a quick way to get him killed.

Fourarms10

[11]Nov 26, 2012
    Azmuth probably knows that Ben'll come upwith a way to avoid death. Or Azmuth just knows about "Main Character survival syndrome".

RaizenYusuke

[12]Nov 30, 2012
    Azmuth is such a genius he knows the universe is literally created to suit Ben's victories lol. On a serious note the Dr. Psychobos got the DNA from the Omntrix I wonder what the next phase of his plan will be. The Omntrix has every alien race in the Milky Way and the latest episode reminded me of that when Ben turned into a bunch of small seemingly powerless aliens. It makes sense there would be a few transformations that do not have super powers and be regular joes.

Fourarms10

[13]Dec 1, 2012
    About that, they do have powers, it's just that the Omnitrix was malfunctioning and it disabled their abilities stated by Derrick (how that happened I have no idea).

edmasterchaos

[14]Dec 3, 2012

The one were Kevin and Gwen return is pretty awesome, tons of gags that made me chuckle. Also, I really REALLY love the animation; far too many moments have me 'feel' the energy in the actions.

RaizenYusuke

[15]Dec 3, 2012

Kevin cons Ben into taking his place as the princess groom, awesomely funny. Four Arms got a mustache now to show his manliness! Gwen's Anodite form is mixed with her Lucky Girl costume. Derick Wytte may not like the anodite and osmossian ideas, but to his credit he hasn't completely retconned them out. Kevin's beloved car is a wedding gift lol.

Ben, Kevin, Gwen, and Rook play well off each other. Wouldn't mind seeing them team up again in future episode. In the last episode Wildvine returned! I am loving they are bringing back so many old aliens.

Fourarms10

[16]Dec 4, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

Kevin cons Ben into taking his place as the princess groom, awesomely funny. Four Arms got a mustache now to show his manliness! Gwen's Anodite form is mixed with her Lucky Girl costume. Derick Wytte may not like the anodite and osmossian ideas, but to his credit he hasn't completely retconned them out. Kevin's beloved car is a wedding gift lol.

Ben, Kevin, Gwen, and Rook play well off each other. Wouldn't mind seeing them team up again in future episode. In the last episode Wildvine returned! I am loving they are bringing back so many old aliens.

It's even more awesome because Ben now has over 60 aliens yet they still seem to manage it. There was an episode where they even implemented aliens that debuted from all four series.

edmasterchaos

[17]Dec 6, 2012

That reminds me, yesterday I was at Toys 'R Us getting games (buy one get one half price!) and decided to look around. I almost had to punch myself to stop me from buying a little toy set they had with Ben's original Four Arms, the UA form, the Omniverse form, that four-arms fat plumber and that four arms kid that's sometimes in AF and UA.

RaizenYusuke

[18]Dec 7, 2012
    I noticed in the last episode that Ben mistransformed into Rath he picked the Rath image on the Omnitrix when he tried to transform into XLR8. Maybe Ben can't clearly tell the images from each other anymore. Looks like the writers are at least trying to give some legitment claim over all the mistransformations being Ben's fault.

Dougo13

[19]Dec 9, 2012
    • level: 8
    I want the chicken as a toy. Hope it comes out eventually...

Fourarms10

[20]Dec 11, 2012
    I bet it will. This franchise is known for its toys.