Ben 10: Omniverse Forums

Saturday 9:00 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Season 1 Discussion

RaizenYusuke

[21]Dec 25, 2012
    • level: 28
    Did anyone else sense that in the last episode Malware did something really horrible when Ben was kid and Ben had to kill him? The way pesent Ben reacted like he was afraid the guy and treated him like he was such a big deal, when all the episodes we saw of Ben in the past he treated Malware like any other villain. I am genuinally interested in where this plot goes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Flashheat

[22]Dec 25, 2012
    • level: 13

The only thing that's really bugged me about the whole Nemetrix thing is while the predator so Ben's aliens is an interesting idea, the issue is that no predator is so superior to it's prey that it's a complete counter. If this were true, the predator species would wipe out the prey species in record time. In nature, prey species have to have some method of either fending off or escaping from the predator.

edmasterchaos

[23]Dec 25, 2012
    • level: 41

Flashheat wrote:

The only thing that's really bugged me about the whole Nemetrix thing is while the predator so Ben's aliens is an interesting idea, the issue is that no predator is so superior to it's prey that it's a complete counter. If this were true, the predator species would wipe out the prey species in record time. In nature, prey species have to have some method of either fending off or escaping from the predator.

But would that help a guy who turns into a species ten minutes at a time and doesn't really care much of their culture and natural habitat?

RaizenYusuke

[24]Dec 26, 2012

I think that is more on Ben to be honest. He has experience with his alien heroes and their abilities, but he has no knowledge of the predators or how to escape or counter them like the natural aliens of said species. We should also consider that all of Ben's aliens are sentient beings. They could have come up with ways to stop these predators that go beyond their natural abilities. It is like howhumans have ways of catching or killing animals that could kill us if relied on our natural physical abilities.

I see Heatblast fighting against his counter predator as akin to me fighting a gorilla with no weapons. Ben can't rely on Heatblast's flames to stop something that is fire proof. Unfortunately for Ben he just can't think of another way to use Heatblast. Ben is trying to overpower them instead of escaping like the prey of a predator might do.

Fourarms10

[25]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 24
    Granted, he does switch forms, but it's pretty useless when the predator can do the same thing.

edmasterchaos

[26]Jan 19, 2013

The Rob Liefeld posters of Ben in the Rook's Planet episode were some of the best things I have ever seen.

Also, thanks to Hawkguy, I am really digging that human bad guy. I just have a sweet spot for villains who say Bro all the time.

EDIT: Just saw Ben Again. Give it an Oscar, GOTY all years, cartoon masters animation it should get a freaking doctorate.

But they better show that galactic time war >.> I know they won't but gawd it'd be the absolute greatest thing ever.

Edited on 01/19/2013 11:34pm

RaizenYusuke

[27]Jan 21, 2013
    Ben 10 Again is one of my favorite episodes of OV series. Time War is going on. That is a great setup for a future storyline. Paradox looked sweet. Gwen returned and teamed up with past Gwen. Everyone's frustration at time travel and how it makes things confusing mirror how fans feel. Thank you for showing Ben 10,000 from the original Ben 10 show up at the end and not the annoying one from UA. If time war becomes a plot of a future season I want to see Ben team up with Ben 10K original over Ben 10K UA.

edmasterchaos

[28]Jan 21, 2013

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Ben 10 Again is one of my favorite episodes of OV series. Time War is going on. That is a great setup for a future storyline. Paradox looked sweet. Gwen returned and teamed up with past Gwen. Everyone's frustration at time travel and how it makes things confusing mirror how fans feel. Thank you for showing Ben 10,000 from the original Ben 10 show up at the end and not the annoying one from UA. If time war becomes a plot of a future season I want to see Ben team up with Ben 10K original over Ben 10K UA.

I have the sweetest news for you then!

Derrick J. Wyatt, the one responsible for most of the designs and a good chunk of the decisions in the show's story has a formpsring and in it he confirmed that A) Ben 10,000 Returns (the UA episode) is no longer canon. B) The Time War is going to be a future arc.

Also, I really loved how past!ben-in-present!ben's-body got into Gwen's nerves so easily.

Edited on 01/21/2013 5:09pm

RaizenYusuke

[29]Jan 22, 2013
    This is great news. Time War has potential to be a great story arc. Plus no more future Ben that doesn't turn into aliens. Past Ben can still annoy the hell out of Gwen. I loved how he was disgusted to learn Kevin and Gwen are dating.

Fourarms10

[30]Jan 23, 2013
    The downside is that Gwen didn't do much until the very end. Though I still liked the Ben/Gwen team up again. I wish Kevin was the one going to college and not Gwen.

edmasterchaos

[31]Jan 23, 2013

New detail of the time war I got from formspring: It involves all dimensions as well. So Ben 23 from this weekend's episode is probably going to be a recurring character at least during the time war.

I JUST LOVE THE FACT THAT WE GOT A STORY LINE INVOLVING A DAMN TIME WAR. It's all I ever wanted off a cartoon.

RaizenYusuke

[32]Jan 23, 2013
    Is it wrong to hope that an alternate Kevin 11 (who is still evil and has Ben's aliens) crosses over to the main universe and stays? I miss Kevin 11.

edmasterchaos

[33]Jan 23, 2013

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Is it wrong to hope that an alternate Kevin 11 (who is still evil and has Ben's aliens) crosses over to the main universe and stays? I miss Kevin 11.
    Honestly that sounds amazing i'm gonna ask right now.

edmasterchaos

[34]Feb 2, 2013

Waybig running away in the flashback had me in stitches.

RaizenYusuke

[35]Feb 4, 2013
    The Mr. Wilison Expy is going to be a villain for a episde and get Ben back for destroying his car and house. Ben 23 somehow comes up with lamer names than main universe Ben. The idea of a universe where Ben lost Max and grew up abusing the Omnitrix and be enemies with Azmuth was a cool concept. It is not without basis either. Kevin 11 episode in Ben 10 gave us a glimpse of Ben abusing his power and doing whatever he wants.

edmasterchaos

[36]Feb 9, 2013

That is one cool-ass thing the show pulled. Like. That punch of death was probably shown only because we already knew Malware survived it, so the mystery had to be twisted so the sick punch was the end of it and OK for the Y-7. But still. Ben f'ing killed a guy by science-punching him. I love this show.

Fourarms10

[37]Feb 10, 2013
    Now I see why the writers (And Ben) don't overuse aliens. After the "Feedback Incident". This makes me wonder what would've happened if Ben kept on overusing Humungousaur...

RaizenYusuke

[38]Feb 17, 2013

Rook totally clowned Gwen. I have to wonder if Gwen not being attractive (by Rook's standards) is the writers way of acknowledging the divided fan base on how Gwen's new look is ugly. Feedback offically returns. Ben 23 had him, so CN must be airing the episodes out of order. Gwen throwing Ben and Kevin out a plane was funny, but not as funny as Ben turned into Way Big and accidentally stepped on Malaware. The first story arc finally ends after 2 seasons (are we really on 3rd season now?)

The time war has to be the next story arc now.

edmasterchaos

[39]Feb 17, 2013

Yeah, Special Delivery was aired grosslyout of order. It's at least two more episodes away in actual order. (we'll also get an episode dedicated to ben getting the bike from Ben 23)

The next arc isn't the time war one, though. But probably the one after it. (wouldn't be surprised if they leave it as the sixth one, btw, every ten episodes count as an arc)

And yeah, wouldn't be surprised if the orangutan thing was a jab at the fandom's stance at her looks.

Fourarms10

[40]Feb 18, 2013
    The one thing that kinda bugged me about Showdown Part 2 was the fact that Gwen or Kevin were kinda just some extras. They could have easily been replaced by some other characters to do the job just a well (well maybe not Kevin). It's kinda like "Ben again". Before the episode's climax, Gwen just kinda stood there while Ben and Rook did most of the stuff.