Ben 10: Omniverse Forums

Saturday 9:00 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Season 1 Discussion

edmasterchaos

[41]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 41

Fourarms10 wrote:
    The one thing that kinda bugged me about Showdown Part 2 was the fact that Gwen or Kevin were kinda just some extras. They could have easily been replaced by some other characters to do the job just a well (well maybe not Kevin). It's kinda like "Ben again". Before the episode's climax, Gwen just kinda stood there while Ben and Rook did most of the stuff.
    Well, to be fair, pretty much every character took a back seat for Ben after the Humongosaur fight. Sure, Azmuth and the other two gray guys did very relevant stuff, but Rook, Grandpa, Kevin and Gwen pretty much just served to fill small gaps.

And given how Ben-centered it got towards the end I guess this was necessary.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[42]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 28
    What did Kevin do again? Did he rescue galvans? What is the 2nd story arc going to be about then if not the Time Wars? Is it another Vilgax arc or someone new. I also noticed Kevin's remark about Ben not figuring out the Omnitrix yet. Again another common complaint most of us have over Ben's lack of control over the Omnitrix. I hope that means next season they will tone it down and bring Ben's control of the Omnitrix back up to at least AF level.

edmasterchaos

[43]Feb 19, 2013

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    What did Kevin do again? Did he rescue galvans? What is the 2nd story arc going to be about then if not the Time Wars? Is it another Vilgax arc or someone new. I also noticed Kevin's remark about Ben not figuring out the Omnitrix yet. Again another common complaint most of us have over Ben's lack of control over the Omnitrix. I hope that means next season they will tone it down and bring Ben's control of the Omnitrix back up to at least AF level.
    He was going to get some Galvan guards to help, but Ben's sentai beam took care of that. Afterwards he just bonded with Khyber's dog.

No idea, but Tummy Troubles kicks it off. I think I'm okay with Ben not having proper control, he's doing a lot more figuring cool stuff by accident lately. Like that time he squashed Malware due to turning into Waybig instead of some flying alien.

Fourarms10

[44]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 24
    But when you think about it, all that development with the Omnitrix knowledge, and now it's all gone.

edmasterchaos

[45]Feb 21, 2013

Well, it is a new omnitrix. Not the omnitrix redesigning itself into looking boring, or having the same thing get a strange upgraded clone and putting the clone on. So.

RaizenYusuke

[46]Feb 25, 2013
    Looks like the new arc will involve the Incerusions invading the Earth and the rest of the universe. I've never been a fan of the froggys, but I did like this episode or the princess from AF returned all grown up. Maybe they'll at least be more entertaining now that they just don't push a button to destroy a planet. I wonder if that is one of Ben's little changes when he recreated the universe. The Upchuck race can actually eat planets......

Fourarms10

[47]Feb 25, 2013
    I was never a fan of some of the overly goofy episodes. Mother of All Vreedles is still by far the worst episode I've seen. In this case, I hope the time war involves Future Ben, Gwen, Kevin, and the current characters.

edmasterchaos

[48]Mar 2, 2013

Welp, Vilgax's free. What now, Ben?

Also reminder, if it's starting to look like this season is more plot oriented or something it's just because CN already showed three of its non-plot episodes already (i.e. Ben Again, Store 23 and Special Delivery)

RaizenYusuke

[49]Mar 2, 2013

Did anyone else grin when Vilagx spoke and it was his original voice actor?

This Vilagx resembled the original one closer than AF/UA versions did, but he also managed to incorporate the AF/UA era into the character as well. I wasn't a fan of Vilagx running. It goes against his character a bit. He has survived worse than blaster fire. The Incursions could have had a better plan. Six Six finally returned, along with Seven Seven and a new partner who is Eight Eight, shocking.

I knew Vilgax took that hit for Ben to escape his cuffs. He knew exactly how to push Ben's buttons by taunting him on his inability to kill him, which not from lack of trying. Vilgax did point out how he has never been defeated by Ben alone. Even though Vilgax was running away from the frogs and the number bounty hunters he still managed to prove competent and tricked Ben a few times, earning back some of his credit.

Fourarms10

[50]Mar 2, 2013
    But on the bright side, he still has his manipulative skills. I liked how he tricked Ben.

RaizenYusuke

[51]Mar 2, 2013
    That was a highlight. I liked how they blended the original Vilgax with the AF/UA Vilgax designs and personalities. They kept the manipulative Vilgax UA series gave us pefectly, while bringing him back to basics and making him his old self.

Fourarms10

[52]Mar 3, 2013
    Hopefully they can power him up so that Ben defeats him with external help only. I'd like that he meets his true end long after this franchise. Though they might keep Ben 16 for the rest of the show.

Flashheat

[53]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 13
    Aand now Ben's got another alien girl who wants him. How many is that now, 3?

Reminds me too, whatever happened to Julie?

VirusMonster

[54]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 15

Flashheat wrote:
    Aand now Ben's got another alien girl who wants him. How many is that now, 3? Reminds me too, whatever happened to Julie?

I know there's that Looma Red Wind the Tetramand/Four Arms Princess that Kevin tricked Ben into an engagement, and there's Attea the Incursion Princess, so who's the third? :/

And now I see another whole shipping pairing in the series, but I had a feeling ever since Ben and Attea have been fighting each other in the recent episodes.

EDIT: Oh, Ester of course! D'oh!

Edited on 03/16/2013 8:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.

edmasterchaos

[55]Mar 17, 2013

Julie comes up next week in what's basically the harem episode.

VirusMonster

[56]Mar 17, 2013

Shouldn't Attea been in that episode as well? Considering she's got a crush on Ben now (well mostly his Incursion form).

MaskedKitsune

[57]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 2
    VirusMonster wrote:

Shouldn't Attea been in that episode as well? Considering she's got a crush on Ben now (well mostly his Incursion form).

That episode was supposed to air near the end of Season 2. Frogs of War is meant to be the Season 3 finale.

Since Rules of Engagement takes place long before Frogs of War, Attea most likely won't be in it, as she wasn't attracted to Ben yet.

edmasterchaos

[58]Mar 17, 2013

MaskedKitsune wrote:
    VirusMonster wrote:

That episode was supposed to air near the end of Season 2. Frogs of War is meant to be the Season 3 finale. Since Rules of Engagement takes place long before Frogs of War, Attea most likely won't be in it, as she wasn't attracted to Ben yet.
    Exactly this.

It also takes place way before Special Delivery, so take that into consideration when you see Fistina.

Flashheat

[59]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 13

edmasterchaos wrote:

Julie comes up next week in what's basically the harem episode.

Oh this won't end well.

VirusMonster

[60]Mar 17, 2013

Wait... why are they airing these episodes out of order? I hate when they do that!